Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Magic Cards for Cigars - Win for You :)

So I am officially looking to trade cigars FOR magic the gathering cards you might have. I have a lot I am looking for, but the below is on my priority list. PM me if you have anything below and would be willing to trade!

Zendikar - Brave the Elements
Magic 2010 (M10) - Chandra Nalaar
Zendikar - Conqueror's Pledge
Magic 2010 (M10) - Earthquake
Magic 2010 (M10) - Elite Vanguard
Conflux - Hellspark Elemental
Magic 2010 (M10) - Honor of the Pure
Zendikar - Into the Roil
Shards of Alara - Jungle Shrine
Conflux - Path to Exile
Worldwake - Perimeter Captain
Rise of the Eldrazi - Rage Nimbus
Shards of Alara - Ranger of Eos
Magic 2010 (M10) - Soul Warden
Eventide - Unmake
Magic 2010 (M10) - Veteran Armorsmith
Magic 2010 (M10) - Veteran Swordsmith
Rise of the Eldrazi - Wall of Omens
Conflux - Wall of Reverence

Comments

• Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I had a rather impressive collection (Insurance valued it at $1500) stolen back in 1997 and that was it for me.

it had an original chaos orb in it too...

Good luck with your quest Ren!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I know I have quite a few of those decked except for Chandra don't have nay of those lemme go look through my undecked first
  • Options
    pm incoming
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Is your name really stan? Doesn't seem to fit with bogdanov..
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    Is your name really stan? Doesn't seem to fit with bogdanov..
    Hahaahh - it's Stanislav actually... Like - Stan Is Love ;)... But means totally different thing in Bulgarian... In any case - check ur PM you sneaky bomber! Gotta post in the bombs thread now...
  • Options
    doromath:
    I had a rather impressive collection (Insurance valued it at $1500) stolen back in 1997 and that was it for me.

it had an original chaos orb in it too...

Good luck with your quest Ren!
    Sorry to hear that - I didn't even know they cold cost as much then! Well, I want to add to my list:
    4 Oblivion Ring
    3 Journey to Nowhere
    3 Caldera Hellion
    3 Magma Phoenix
    2 Banefire
    Also - if you don't want to look through ur old cards I can take some in bulk as long as they are in decent condition. I just want to jumpstart my collection and build some stronger decks. I seem to be magic-obsessed as of recent...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the original Alpha and Beta sets when Magic first came out. Had all the original stuff. I sold it and made some money but man if I still had it I could have made so much more.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    So last night I was un packing boxes and stumbled upon my old Magic stuff. I found my "Learn to Play Magic the Gathering" CD-ROM disc and my old decks. Sure enough, it loaded on my Windows7 and played just fine, but i'm going to have to go through my decks. They are all at least 8 years old. I feel the itch coming on now... Damn you Stan!! j/k I'm excited to get my little brother in to it!!

Does anybody know if they have apps or anything where you could play online or with friends from around the world?

Also, I apologize if I de-rail the thread.
  • Options
    There is Magic the Gathering Online but it's just as expensive as collecting Bppster Packs :( kinda crappy but there is also Duel of the Planeswalkers on XBL that's cheaper imo and you can play it online (provided you have Gold Membership)
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    What are you people talking about???????????
  • Options
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    Duh dude, we're speaking Nerd. I started playing in elementary school on the play ground after pogs were banned...

Pogs... I found those too while I was un packing boxes.

Wow... over 15 years ago...
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Hayblet:
    +1 :)
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    nightmaremike31:
    cholmes8310:
    Duh dude, we're speaking Nerd. I started playing in elementary school on the play ground after pogs were banned...

I STILL have a pog from back in the day. One side has OJ simpson smiling - this side says Not Guilty. The other side has him frowning... says Guilty. coin flip pog!!! its great.
  • Options
    While M:TG has a fond place in my heart the pog movement never caught on in my schools.

That or I was just too into D&D to notice it...Now that's something I still have. Pretty much every single AD&D 2nd edition core book, players handbooks, Encyclopedia Magica....

Good times...
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Now my brain hurts after reading this thred.......
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    nightmaremike31:
    cholmes8310:

I do remember pogs...
  • Options
    Just bumping this in case there are others willing to trade ;)!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I would trade, but almost all the stuff on your wanted list looks like new stuff. Most of my cards are from Revised (3rd edition) to Prophecy. Most of them are around the Tempest and Masquerade blocks.
  • Options
    I'd be glad to see what I have.. I'm surprised there are so many MTG players on here. Pretty awesome.
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    I have a few of those cards in older editions. Are you tournament player so you need the 10th edition?
  • Options
    For tourneys the cards only have to have been released in the M10 series for them to be legal.... as an Example I have Lanowar Elves from like 5 or 6 different sets and since they were released in M10 they are legal even if I'm using my Time Spiral one or not (don't think it was in that series just an example) I wish they would release Sliver's in one of the core sets so both my Sliver decks would be legal.
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Slivers will never be legal in tourny, or should never be legal in tourny! Slivers are just messed up.
  • Options
    Yeah guys - older printings are fine. I am not tourney even though I did try to build my decks "legal" so that I could eventually get into one. But I don't care as much as I get to demolish my roommate like I did last night with final result of 7 to 2 games for me... And it was all possible due to some help from Hayblet's cards ;)... So yeah - I'll be willing to trade for other stuff as well... I am looking mainly for whites and reds since these are my favorite colors to play with. Maybe some blue stuff too but I am not a fan of black and/or green... So if you have any cool cards OR if you have as some said - cards that are like the ones I am looking for but from different editions - PM me and we'll arrange something! You can also PM me with your card suggestions... Or maybe I'll get something in bulk if u r not sure, but idk if I want to take that "risk" lol... A "good" card for me is pretty much one that does not cost more mana than it delivers power. For examples - I would not want a Lava Axe which costs 4 mana for 5 damage. I'd rather have 2 Lighting Bolts that cost just 1 mana each but deliver 3 damage each... Cheers!
  • Options
    Actually I just got all the cards I listed before so its no sweat if you have any from older editions :)... Now I am primarily looking for the ones listed below and also generally white and/or red counter spells and removal spells that don't cost a million...

4 Ancient Ziggurat
    4 Creeping Tar Pit
    4 Crumbling Necropolis
    4 Savage Lands
    4 Bloodbraid Elf
    2 Borderland Ranger
    4 Broodmate Dragon
    4 Putrid Leech
    4 Sedraxis Specter
    3 Siege-Gang Commander
    4 Sprouting Thrinax
    4 Blightning
    2 Range of Eos
    2 Martian Coup
    4 Deprive
    4 Into the Roil
    4 Negate
    4 Unified Will
    4 Calcite Snapper
    4 Coralhelm Commander
    4 Cosi's Trickster
    4 Horizon Drake
    4 Lighthouse Chronologist
    4 Knight of the White Orchid
    4 Lightkeeper of Emeria
    4 Font of Mythos
    4 Howling Mine
    4 Twincast
    4 Runeflare Trap

These have a good amount of blue cards in them...
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man...this thread really is reminding me how much I loved this game! I'm almost positive I don't have any of my cards anymore though....having moved like 6 times since I used to play, and cutting down on 'junk' every time I moved, there's no way I still have em. Bummer!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    Man...this thread really is reminding me how much I loved this game! I'm almost positive I don't have any of my cards anymore though....having moved like 6 times since I used to play, and cutting down on 'junk' every time I moved, there's no way I still have em. Bummer!
    Find them! :)
  • Options
    I think I still have a few piles of my "undecked" stuff from one of the early (94-95 Maybe?) expansions that have been collecting dust at my parent's house in FL. I'll have to try to remember to grab them the next time I'm there. They're probably all less than stellar but who knows! I rarely used Red/White (My power deck was a Green/Black monster) so there could be some gems in there you'd like :)
  • Options
    doromath:
    I think I still have a few piles of my "undecked" stuff from one of the early (94-95 Maybe?) expansions that have been collecting dust at my parent's house in FL. I'll have to try to remember to grab them the next time I'm there. They're probably all less than stellar but who knows! I rarely used Red/White (My power deck was a Green/Black monster) so there could be some gems in there you'd like :)
    Sounds good to me! PM me when you find something...