Home Ratings & Reviews

El Major Emerald

Was not expecting much from this stick, however I was down to this or a thompson house blend... EME it was. I was really surprised with this stick. It did not look half bad. Wrapper actually looked nice (although there was to much glue on the wrapper which was hard to remove without ripping the wrapper) I really enjoyed the taste. Toasty notes of cedar and some constant spice with hints of earth throughout. Shaggy foot made for a weird burn, however it evened out without me having to touch it up and the ash retention was great. For the price this is a great stick.

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    A lot of guys turn their nose up to this one but I think they are OK. I don't go out of my way to get them but if some wind up in the humi they are definitely on the smoke list.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    I've had a couple and don't think they are a bad stick.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I think they are in the "ok" category too... Like a 3 out of 5... I remember I sent one to Goldy a while back as a mystery cigar - I had cut away the shaggy foot and tried to mask it. He thought it was alright too and gave it a decent grade :)... I don't think I'll buy any of these though - just take them in if they come in a sampler or something...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    I don't think I'll buy any of these though - just take them in if they come in a sampler or something...
    This where I'm at with them. I got a 5 pack in one of my orders by accident. They're not bad sticks. I like the espressos better.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    Renaissance_Man:
    I don't think I'll buy any of these though - just take them in if they come in a sampler or something...
    This where I'm at with them. I got a 5 pack in one of my orders by accident. They're not bad sticks. I like the espressos better.
    Yeah - the espresso actually IS better... More flavor at least...
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I just had one of these today and I agree with the responses here, it was an OK stick, I wouldn't buy a box but if they were in a sampler I wouldn't say no
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    illinoisgolf99:
    I just had one of these today and I agree with the responses here, it was an OK stick, I wouldn't buy a box but if they were in a sampler I wouldn't say no

Yep, that's right where I'm at on these too. Good not great, not going to buy a box but OK as part of a good sampler. I like the espresso too, but just wasn't as good as the ccom brazil IMHO. I'd by the ccoms first out of those 2.