Home General Discussion
Options

Scared to call..

I have been a patron of Ccom for a little while now, but I have done all of my purchases online. I don't know why but I feel hesitant about calling in an order.. I dunno what it is. Just my crazy head I guess...

Comments

• Options
    AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    Go for it...their voices will command you to buy more and more sticks! It's a religious experience!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    If you're scared of calling, go pm kellyg on the forums or go to the interactive ccom chatroom during business hours with a rep. They'll hook you up.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Do it dude. They will hook you up... or just email one of the reps. I do most of my business with Tim via email, and he still hooks me up with the same great deals and discounts.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Well, if it's for the DD, I wouldn't wait till tomorrow to call..... order now before it sells out!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I was working in Iraq a few months back and saw a great Daily Deal. I went to order a few of them but we lost our internet connection before I was able to get the order through. A couple of days went by and I was totally bummed about missing the deal. I called the 1-800 number and got hold of Kelly. I explained my situation to her...not only did she honor the deal but threw in a couple of freebies for my Iraq buddies. I will always look to Cigar.com FIRST for any cigar purchases because of customer service.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call. Everyone is very helpful. They had a Gurkha deal a while back and I didn't quite know which 10 to pick. They asked about my likes and dislikes and together we picked out 10 and they all turned out to be winners.

Take the time to pick their brains, they have a lot of great info.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    If you are ordering online, you are paying more for your cigars than I do. :)

I'll give you an example. If I see a DD once, I know if I call in a few weeks later to my man Jeff Jackson, I'll say, "Jeff! Can you hook it up for those Man of War Ruinations?" Not a problem. Even if they haven't been on the Daily Deal, aside from a very few select brands, Jeff will give me a fabulous deal on anything. I swear he loses money every time I call in. Stop hesitating and call in your orders. You are over-paying for cigars.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    so you can get better deals if you call in Phil??
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yeah....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    calling is the only way to order from Ccom. better deals, answers to questions, they get to know your smoking tastes by your past purchases and they can recommend things that you may like...

if you are scared to call, once you muster the will to do it you will wonder why you didnt before. these guys rock. one time i called to get the measurements on a herf-a-dor and i found out through talking to jeff that they still sold a cigar that was no longer listed on their main page. nedless to say i bought a few.

AND he knew how big the Herf-a-dor was (outside measure)

the service on the phone is great.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    kuzi16:
    calling is the only way to order from Ccom. better deals, answers to questions, they get to know your smoking tastes by your past purchases and they can recommend things that you may like...

if you are scared to call, once you muster the will to do it you will wonder why you didnt before. these guys rock. one time i called to get the measurements on a herf-a-dor and i found out through talking to jeff that they still sold a cigar that was no longer listed on their main page. nedless to say i bought a few.

AND he knew how big the Herf-a-dor was (outside measure)

the service on the phone is great.
    thanks kuz, once I will definitely give them a call once I smoke a few more... and thanks to all the other guys here that posted, I appreciate everything!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Make sure that if you talk to Tim you talk to Tim only and not to The Beard, or else you'll end up like Ben Affleck in Dogma.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I do most of my business with Tim via email, and he still hooks me up with the same great deals and discounts.
    Same here! I got a killer deal on some LP #9's today that have been on my wish list for far too long...I used to only order online but after emailing Tim a couple times only thing I hit online is the DD's
  • Options
    I place my orders through Tim via email. For me it's much easier than calling. I can see an awkward situation arising if you ask for something and they quote a higher price than you were looking for, but from what I've read they usually give good prices over the phone.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    sightunseen:
    Make sure that if you talk to Tim you talk to Tim only and not to The Beard, or else you'll end up like Ben Affleck in Dogma.
    ROFL
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Unthought_Known:
    I place my orders through Tim via email. For me it's much easier than calling. I can see an awkward situation arising if you ask for something and they quote a higher price than you were looking for, but from what I've read they usually give good prices over the phone.
    This has been my tactic also and it works very well. I just send an email and ask what is the best you can do on XX number of XXbrand and I am usually very pleased with the answer.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I'll have to try what was suggested in the posts listed above. Ive called in before and had nothing but great customer service. Alex got me hooked up when a DD was out of stock and was also able to be turned onto some other types of sticks that I was wanting to try.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Another advantage to calling in or emailing, is that I have found I have access to some product that they do not have enough of, or carry regularly enough to list on the site. For instance I emailed Tim about some Tat Tubos, and he was able to hook me up with a full, unopened box, despite not being listed anywhere on the site. From now on, even if something isn't listed, I will be checking with The Bearded King of Cigardom.