Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Fuente King T

Flavor Notes/Smoke: Very strong cedar, woody, cream. No pure spice other than what comes from the cedar flavor. Had a very light colored smoke and plenty of it. Very different for the color of the wrapper. Construction: Very spongy, to the point where cutting the cap more or less pinched the cigar. No major flaws. Wrapper had a no prominent veins but a wrapper chip that did not affect the burn. Burn: No real issues, only 2-3 minor touch ups. Size: 7 x 49 Price: $10 Overall it was a solid cigar with little complexity and no flavor shifts. There are better cigars for less money. I would recommend it if you wanted a cigar that was straight oak and cedar, but I wouldn't purchase again. I have no complaints about this cigar, just that there are much better values. The Don Carlos goes for $10 and is much better. 85/100

Comments

• Options
    thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    Edit: Beverage was Seagrams Gin and Tonic.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    thehoff:
    Ewwwww. With a cigar? Noooooo thank you.
  • Options
    thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    docbp87:
    thehoff:
    True, it is a sub-par gin, but my other options were bud, jim, and applepucker among some more random things that I wouldn't care drinking. It's all good. It was a relief to come home to my tanqueray and Kraken.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    thehoff:
    docbp87:
    thehoff:
    True, it is a sub-par gin, but my other options were bud, jim, and applepucker among some more random things that I wouldn't care drinking. It's all good. It was a relief to come home to my tanqueray and Kraken.
    No no, I just meant gin with cigars in general. It has been my experience that light spirits do not pair at all with cigars.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review. I was on the fence about this cigar, myself. I like the Don Carlos and Hemingway lines and can even score an Anejo for close to that price point. The pretty tube looks nice and all, but cedar and oak just don't do it for me. I do like how it looks in my humi, though. LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..