Home General Discussion
Options

Your Favorite Avo

Hey my fellow BsOTL I am really interested in trying out the Avo line of cigars, what are your favorites? I'd love to hear your feed back! Also if you want to include any tasting notes that would be welcomed!

Comments

• Options
    A very smooth (and mild) stick is the XO
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99:
    Hey my fellow BsOTL I am really interested in trying out the Avo line of cigars, what are your favorites? I'd love to hear your feed back! Also if you want to include any tasting notes that would be welcomed!
    Avo #2 is one of my favorite cigars, I haven't tried any of their other blends though. There some spice, sweet cream and cedar in there, very very good cigar. My brother got me into them, he said the maduro is better than the Connecticut wrapper but I've yet to try it.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Have not tried one....... Do they have anything in a maduro?
  • Options
    TheDrifter:
    illinoisgolf99:
    Avo #2 is one of my favorite cigars, I haven't tried any of their other blends though. There some spice, sweet cream and cedar in there, very very good cigar. My brother got me into them, he said the maduro is better than the Connecticut wrapper but I've yet to try it.
    +1
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Of the ones I've tried it would have to be the Avo LE10. Hands down, one of my favorite cigars period. Full bodied, complex flavors. Fantastic aroma.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Have not tried one....... Do they have anything in a maduro?
    yes, they do have a maduro but it is the weakest part of the AVO line. usually i like maduros but this one did not perform. it didnt live up to the AVO name in my opinion.

my favorite AVO is the AVO Domaine #50

its a fantastic smoke.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I had a #2 tubo the other night. LOVED IT! May go down to the B&M and buy out their inventory. Pretty sure if memory serves me I got a good deal on it
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I have two robustos in I think their standard line that I am going to dust one of them off this weekend and fire it up.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I would second the AVOLE10, but be warned that it isn't at all like other AVOs. I actually did a review on it on Ubi Cigar and then just recently did an interview with the AVO Brand Manager Edward Simon about the LE10 and the new Heritage Line. He's awesome and gave me a lot of info. I would strongly recommend this cigar, as it's still cigar of the year material for me.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    I would second the AVOLE10, but be warned that it isn't at all like other AVOs. I actually did a review on it on Ubi Cigar and then just recently did an interview with the AVO Brand Manager Edward Simon about the LE10 and the new Heritage Line. He's awesome and gave me a lot of info. I would strongly recommend this cigar, as it's still cigar of the year material for me.
    Did you get any idea or sense that they will make it a regular line?

Edit: Nevermind. I read the article. Thanks for posting that btw.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    No problem. They wont be, but from what Edward and others tell me, the Heritage line draws influence from the Companero and the LE10.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like pretty much everything Avo that I've tried. I thought the #2 maduro was good, but do feel it was the weakest offering from Avo. I really like the LE10, and Avo Classic #2, those are my favorites. After those, I liked the Compañero, Tesoro, XO and Corona Cigar exclusive lounge cigar blend. Still undecided about the Avo 80th.
  • Options
    i have got to try the Compa
  • Options
    kuzi16:
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I've only had the AVO #2 Connie. Not bad for a mild smoke. Lots of cream and a little sweetness. I need to try their maduro....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    I've only had the AVO #2 Connie. Not bad for a mild smoke. Lots of cream and a little sweetness. I need to try their maduro....
    the maduro is not on par with any other AVO i have had. there is very little complexity. its not bad but compared to the rest of the line it clearly the weakest.