Home General Discussion

HERF-A-DOR (VERY HANDY)

Recently I discovered how handy a travel humidor could really be. I went on a 3 day canoe trip with my Dad into Algonquin Park in Ontario, Canada. This is backcountry camping where you carry the canoe on your head between the lakes and camp with no luxuries around.

Except for maybe the luxury of the travel humidor. I took my 15 ct because you never know how much time you will have to enjoy a cigar out there and 15 is not unreasonable for a 3 day trip. Obviously the thing functioned perfectly to protect my stoggies through rain, wind and being bumped around in a canoe.

But it also did very well acting as a foot rest around the fire, a cutting board to slice up food, and at one point a support to hold up a flash light for fixing a fishing rod.

I make take this thing everyone, even when I'm not planning to smoke a cigar.

Comments

• That's awesome. My Herf-a-dor comes in the mail today. Now I'm even more excited.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    yep ,they are great. I got a 5ct 2 weeks ago and have already gave it to my bother and upgraded to a 15ct.
  • I use it all the time, the 15 ct is not too big to carry around even for 2 or 3 sticks. It is just nice to know that the cigar you are looking forward to is going to be in tact when you are ready to light it up. Also, when you take the foam dividers out you can put more than 15 in.

They are also definitely water proof as it rained very hard on my trip.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Canadian:
    Recently I discovered how handy a travel humidor could really be. I went on a 3 day canoe trip with my Dad into Algonquin Park in Ontario, Canada. This is backcountry camping where you carry the canoe on your head between the lakes and camp with no luxuries around.

Except for maybe the luxury of the travel humidor. I took my 15 ct because you never know how much time you will have to enjoy a cigar out there and 15 is not unreasonable for a 3 day trip. Obviously the thing functioned perfectly to protect my stoggies through rain, wind and being bumped around in a canoe.

But it also did very well acting as a foot rest around the fire, a cutting board to slice up food, and at one point a support to hold up a flash light for fixing a fishing rod.

I make take this thing everyone, even when I'm not planning to smoke a cigar.

That's a cool story. I just picked one of these up. I already had the 5 count, but it's not enough most of the time.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I have a 2 stick Cigar Caddy and a 5 stick herfador. I really need a bigger one!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I know this is a must have item. Looking into it as we speak. Just the piece of mind knowing that your stick are protected even if its just heading across town to a friends house or off on vacation. Great story about the trip. Got any picts to post?
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Canadian:
    I do the very same with mine. I have a 10 count and it goes where I go. Same situation, just a little further north than Algonquin Park. I don't often camp in a park. The area I prefer was part of the original loggin industry, back when they used the river system to drive the logs to the mills....before they had trucks to haul the logs. It's rough country, but the cigars survive every trip!

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    camgfs:
    Canadian:
    I do the very same with mine. I have a 10 count and it goes where I go. Same situation, just a little further north than Algonquin Park. I don't often camp in a park. The area I prefer was part of the original logging industry, back when they used the river system to drive the logs to the mills....before they had trucks to haul the logs. It's rough country, but the cigars survive every trip!

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I have two fivers, they are very handy to have around. You can usually find a good combo deal on them; my first came with five Cafe con Leche sticks so it ended up being almost free. The second one was a surprise, I ordered a fiver of Camacho PE's for 49.95 and they showed up in a Herf-A-Dor. Very nice bonus.
  • Presently I have 2 15 ct, 1 30 ct, and I just got a 50 ct in the mail today. I tote the 50 full of cigars I have aquired while here in Iraq. Then transport them home on R&R. Put them in my Diamond Crown humidor for the next R&R. They are indispensible here in the desert.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    SgtRick:
    Presently I have 2 15 ct, 1 30 ct, and I just got a 50 ct in the mail today. I tote the 50 full of cigars I have aquired while here in Iraq. Then transport them home on R&R. Put them in my Diamond Crown humidor for the next R&R. They are indispensible here in the desert.
    *Drools over the thought of a 50 count of indestructible cigars*
  • Yeah the Herf-a-Dors are amazing, i got mine about two months ago and it is perfect. When i go over to my friends house i throw one or two cigars over there and i never have to worry about them. They are not going to get crushed and the humidity is perfect.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    SgtRick:
    Presently I have 2 15 ct, 1 30 ct, and I just got a 50 ct in the mail today. I tote the 50 full of cigars I have aquired while here in Iraq. Then transport them home on R&R. Put them in my Diamond Crown humidor for the next R&R. They are indispensible here in the desert.
    Now why didn't I think of that lol...when you transport them home on R&R, has anybody given you grief over the cigars? I know here at Balad they've been giving us a lot of headaches over transporting/sending cigars because several people were caught trying to take Cubans...and what's worse is that the Cubans sold here are fake lol The only saving grace has been me saving my receipts...and even then they still give me a hard time.
  • I'm totally in agreement about the Herf-a-dor being great. I've taken mine to Mackinac Island in Michigan and a trip to Las Vegas and I did not have to worry about my cigars at all. They don't get crush and the temp is relatively stable.