Home General Discussion
Options

Ligero Wrapper

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Anyone know of or ever smoked a cigar that has a Ligero wrapper?

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    The Ruination has a ligero wrapper. Since the Ruination has it, the MoW SE also has it. The Cain F has it too, I believe. Tatuaje Thermonuclear is 100% ligero, so I'd think that has it too.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Diesel Unlimited has a ligero wrapper. I just got some and they are resting.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the MoW Armada Has a Ligero wrapper. i smoked that. it was yummy.

Diamond Crown Maximus uses them as well.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    kuzi16:
    Diamond Crown Maximus uses them as well.

Beat me to it.;) I do love the Maximus tho.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    wwhwang:
    Tatuaje Thermonuclear is 100% ligero, so I'd think that has it too.
    Good luck finding one of those! I think Pete had something like 100 of them made total, as a joke to give out at events in Hawaii, which is where the similar (but toned down) T110 was released.

The Tatuaje Cojonus all use ligero priming rosado oscuro wrapper leaf.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys...I would love to have a chance to smoke that Tat one day, but if they only made a 100 of them, guess that won't happen.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Not many people using ligero for wrappers or binders especially. It is very heavy and when you make a cigar with such heavy tobacco, you have combustion problems. However, the flavor is great so a lot of people will look past burn problems in trade for flavor. That said, it is also extremely expensive to use ligero, especially wrapper. Consider that in a harvest, only 10% of your yield is ligero and only 10% of your yield is wrapper grade. That means roughly in a typical harves there is only about 1% ligero wrapper grade.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Not many people using ligero for wrappers or binders especially. It is very heavy and when you make a cigar with such heavy tobacco, you have combustion problems. However, the flavor is great so a lot of people will look past burn problems in trade for flavor. That said, it is also extremely expensive to use ligero, especially wrapper. Consider that in a harvest, only 10% of your yield is ligero and only 10% of your yield is wrapper grade. That means roughly in a typical harves there is only about 1% ligero wrapper grade.
    This info is what prompted me to ask the question on which cigars had the wrapper, a wrapper that is so rare and harvest, etc, I really wanted to try a cigar with it. I knew the MoW Ruination used an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper, but had no idea it was from the Ligero priming.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked a Diesel unlimited Torpedo last night and it didn't have a single burn problem! It was damn good too. Too bad I was outside in shorts and it was cold. I would enjoyed it more if I had jeans on or had a firepit.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    How about the La Flor Dominicana...?
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Isn't the Padilla Obsidian a ligero wrapper?
    I remember reading that somewhere and it would make sense considering the difficult time I've had with them.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    The Double Espresso from Graycliff has been my favorite for around a year, can't get enough of them. It boasts that it has "extra ligero for a premium full bodied flavor".
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    wow, that' sums it up.