Home General Discussion

Perfect occasion for opus ****

2»

Comments

• I've got 2 power rangers resting for the petite le mans race In October. Going with my dad who is getting up there in age so I figure I'd bring the good stuff.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    guys... seriously, they need some age. only a few like them ROTT. almost everyone else starts to like them after a year or so in the humi. dont rush them and dont judge them by how they are with 3 weeks of age on them.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    guys... seriously, they need some age. only a few like them ROTT. almost everyone else starts to like them after a year or so in the humi. dont rush them and dont judge them by how they are with 3 weeks of age on them.
    +1
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I travel through North Carolina I always stop at a large cigar store that shall remain nameless here and rack up. I probably have about 15 left in there right now and they usually cost me $9-14/cigar. My first ever was the Perfexion X. Since then I've had just about all of them, finally naming the Petite Lancero my favorite.

For whoever mentioned it before, I hate the 5V Cask Strength II. Only 5V I don't like.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I was lucky enough to be working near a cigar shop in NH when I heard them tell a customer he sould buy Opus x for his best man. I went over to find **** for $11 Perfection #4 for $15 and Double Corrona for $15 So every couple days for two wks I bought a couple not to be a pig. And I ended up with 10 I've smoked one #4 It was great and the start of this thread was a **** storted off not amazing but turned into one hell of a smoke a inch in. It had only a couple months on it. I will hopefully find out when the next release is and shoot back up to NH to hoard some more worth the money and at this low of a cost I spent this much once and a while on new smokes so not a big deal. Deff worth having in your humi.
  • cooch36:
    I was lucky enough to be working near a cigar shop in NH when I heard them tell a customer he sould buy Opus x for his best man. I went over to find **** for $11 Perfection #4 for $15 and Double Corrona for $15 So every couple days for two wks I bought a couple not to be a pig. And I ended up with 10 I've smoked one #4 It was great and the start of this thread was a **** storted off not amazing but turned into one hell of a smoke a inch in. It had only a couple months on it. I will hopefully find out when the next release is and shoot back up to NH to hoard some more worth the money and at this low of a cost I spent this much once and a while on new smokes so not a big deal. Deff worth having in your humi.
    where in NH was this?
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Hey, Cooch. I just googled webster to see where you are in relation to Julio's Liquors in Westborough. Their prices might be slightly higher, but last time I was in there, I remember picking up some Opus Lost City cigars for reasonable money - check out their website or call in and ask if they're having any sales on cigars - that's how I got a good deal.

And Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.....REALLY?!?!?!
    RaschNuts:
    cooch36:
    where in NH was this?
    Salem Two guys.
    Rob1110:
    Hey, Cooch. I just googled webster to see where you are in relation to Julio's Liquors in Westborough. Their prices might be slightly higher, but last time I was in there, I remember picking up some Opus Lost City cigars for reasonable money - check out their website or call in and ask if they're having any sales on cigars - that's how I got a good deal.

And Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.....REALLY?!?!?!
    I will thanks! Ya longes lake name in the world !
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've had lots of opus's and the **** is my favorite. I would put the perfection x, and robusto in the running up. Most opus's I have had I enjoyed them fresh (lit them within a day or week or so of getting it). Some not so much. Most my opus's have over 3 years on them with some more than 4. I really like the opus line, though I wouldn't pay double msrp for them. But for 12-14 a stick is decent. Sometimes less.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    if I had one today would have been the day I smoked it, as is settled for an Unbanded ISOM and a DC #3 here after a couple
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I think everyday is a perfect occasion to smoke an Opus X, Just like today.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Pefect Occasion for Opus ****: "Honey... It's not yours"