Home General Discussion
Options

Favorite cigar loving actor?

Who's your favorite cigar smoking actor?

Comments

• Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    For me: Stallone and Arnold, hands down. I'm a big fan of both.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Ron Perlman - awesome actor, and great in Sons of Anarchy. Hellboy 1 and 2 were pretty freaking epic too.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    I was about to mention Ron Perlman! Saw him in a God of Fire catalog smoking.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    For guys around today, Ron Perlman is pretty cool. James Coburn was the most badass of them all though. Love Hitchcock as well, but he was a writer/producer/director, not an actor (though he has cameos in most of his own films)
  • Options
    BeastcigarBeastcigar Posts: 44 ✭✭
    W.C. Fields, long gone, but a legend in his time.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    Mel Gibson
  • Options
    James Gandolfini.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    George Burns
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Beastcigar:
    Clint Eastwood.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'll second Clint.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    KCW:
    Beastcigar:
    Clint Eastwood.
    clint eastwood doesnt actually smoke anything. he bought some cheap cigars as a prop for characters. He said that he purposely sought out the vilest, nastiest things he could find and the cranky look on his face was largely due to how foul tasting and smelling they were. According to Clint, the cigars were strictly a device for those Sergio Leoni films and he does not smoke.

here is a link to an NPR interview with him where he discusses just this: CLICK
    the cigar parts are near the end at about 16:30

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I say I say I say jimmmy , Jimmy Stewert... just saw him smoking in Its a Wonderful life! LOL, Then there is Will Smith Popping that Monti Cristo Anniversary Tubo in Independence day, Stalone and Arnold are Gimmes...... The Govenator hasd a Special Tent outside the State House here in Sacramento just for SMoking ... it is said that Most of the REAL DEALS are done there ! LOL
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Arnold and Clint are tied but definitely NOT Jim Belushi. When they were in Chicago filming Red Heat, Arnold was real cool with the cops that were extras. Spending time with them between shoots and passing out cigars. Belushi was a jerk. Wouldn't talk to anyone and treated everyone like idiots.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Kid Rock! He was great in Joe Dirt.
  • Options
    hawgmauler:
    Kid Rock! He was great in Joe Dirt.
    ha ha ha!! he didnt even have to change his clothes to play his part. he was type cast.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Ron Perlman is great since alot of his roles he tries to incorporate cigars into it and Dennis Haysbert You know Pedro Ceranno from Major league and on the Unit and 24
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    Beastcigar:
    Clint Eastwood.
    clint eastwood doesnt actually smoke anything. he bought some cheap cigars as a prop for characters. He said that he purposely sought out the vilest, nastiest things he could find and the cranky look on his face was largely due to how foul tasting and smelling they were. According to Clint, the cigars were strictly a device for those Sergio Leoni films and he does not smoke.

He smokes a cigar with Jeff Bridges at the end of Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, of course they light 'em with the car's cigarette lighter lol.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    Beastcigar:
    Clint Eastwood.

He smokes a cigar with Jeff Bridges at the end of Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, of course they light 'em with the car's cigarette lighter lol.
    but he himself is not a smoker. some of the rolls he plays require him to smoke but he does not love cigars.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    bigharpoon:
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    Beastcigar:
    Clint Eastwood.

but he himself is not a smoker. some of the rolls he plays require him to smoke but he does not love cigars.
    In that case I'm changing my vote to Kurt Russell. He rocks out in his private life even more than he does in his movies, and he smokes cigars.

• Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Old Al.... Scarface himself
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    Beastcigar:
    Clint Eastwood.

OK then, Michael Richards (Kramer)
  • Options
    Hays:
    Ron Perlman - awesome actor, and great in Sons of Anarchy. Hellboy 1 and 2 were pretty freaking epic too.
    +1
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Sly... He's is smart enough to know the roles that people want to see him in.

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    George Peppard. Almost always had a cigar when he was on screen.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I would go with Jack Nicholson..
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Michael Douglas and James Gandolfini(sp) ... they both seem to enjoy them alot ...
    how could you be a gangsta and not smoke cigars ? Michael Douglas lights up a few in both Wall Street movies ...
  • Options
    And he's ripped at 62!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    undulac:
    George Burns
    first one I thought of
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I know the topic is ACTOR and not ACTRESS, but Demi Moore is not only a noted cigar fiend, she's pretty easy on the eyes as well... :-)
  • Options
    BeastcigarBeastcigar Posts: 44 ✭✭
    I agree Demi is definently better looking than george burns. Cameron Diaz is also into a good stick every now and then.