Home Non Cigar Related

Greetings from Canada!

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
Hey guys! I'm in Kitchener, Ontario already. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Glad to hear you made it safe brother! Hope you enjoy ol Canada and have a great holiday season up there eh!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Hey guys! I'm in Kitchener, Ontario already. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Glad to hear you made it safely..i cant wait for Christmas..im such a big kid!
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Now you can go watch the good ol Kitchner Rangers. Get used to it hockey will be a big part of life now.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Wait . . . do Canadians celebrate Christmas, or do they just sing the lumberjack song? And what's this talk of hockey all aboot, I thought the national pastime was curling?

I joke, I joke - glad to see you made it ok; Merry Christmas and I hope you enjoy your new digs.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome to Canada Wayne. When you want to see God's country... treck on out here to BC, we can catch a few Salmon.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Glad to hear you got through safely, I was really hoping you weren't going to get tied up in Atlanta.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Who the h3ll moves to Canada in the winter ? If I ever move it will be where there is never a flake of snow. Well, enjoy your new home bro.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Welcome to Canada......where you can NO LONGER GET YOUR STICKS FROM CCOM!

Honestly, I hope you brought enough with you. I have been busy with college, and just finished my first semester exams. I was going to celebrate by getting some Opus Lost City sticks, but was told that ccom no longer caters to the northern botl. What a shame.

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:

Honestly, I hope you brought enough with you. I have been busy with college, and just finished my first semester exams. I was going to celebrate by getting some Opus Lost City sticks, but was told that ccom no longer caters to the northern botl. What a shame.

Try asking someone to be your middle man. Have all your sticks shipped to him, then have him ship to you. CCom does allow that and will allow free shipping to the middle man.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    wwhwang:
    camgfs:

Try asking someone to be your middle man. Have all your sticks shipped to him, then have him ship to you. CCom does allow that and will allow free shipping to the middle man.

I guess that could be a possibility... I am in no rush, but I am going to miss the ease of picking up the phone and expecting my orderin one easy step.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I have offered a few peeps the service of being a middle man ... I live in Buffalo 10 minutes from the border . Hit me up with a pm if needed.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    I have offered a few peeps the service of being a middle man ... I live in Buffalo 10 minutes from the border . Hit me up with a pm if needed.
    ///the weird circles are closing again....thanks again for offering to be the depo for me, looking to do an order early in the week... wayne if you need/want in pm me, now that you are only 10 minutes from me in kitchener :)
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Glad you made safely bro, try to acclimate and stay in touch with us.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    fla-gypsy:
    Glad you made safely bro, try to acclimate and stay in touch with us.
    +1. Hopefully, this is the beginning of an EXCELLENT chapter in your life bro!

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Damn, I can barely stand it below 40 F...Hope you brought a tuque. Glad you got there safe!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the move. I hope you and your lady are together for a long, long time.
    cabinetmaker:
    Damn, I can barely stand it below 40 F...Hope you brought a tuque. Glad you got there safe!
    You don't want to go to Alberta in the winter then. When I worked there as a younger man back in the 80's, the coldest we worked in (or tried to ) was minus 43 below zero. Exposed skin will freeze in seconds.

That is the biggest reason for me now living on Vancouver Island. This is as tropical as it get's in Canada.
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:
    You don't want to go to Alberta in the winter then. When I worked there as a younger man back in the 80's, the coldest we worked in (or tried to ) was minus 43 below zero. Exposed skin will freeze in seconds.

That is the biggest reason for me now living on Vancouver Island. This is as tropical as it get's in Canada.
    Damn, that's waaayyy too cold. How does anyone even do anything in that much cold?
    cabinetmaker:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

Damn, that's waaayyy too cold. How does anyone even do anything in that much cold?
    Very, very slowly, and with a LOT of cursing !
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:
    laker1963:
    cabinetmaker:

Very, very slowly, and with a LOT of cursing !
    That's so cold the words would freeze and drop to the ground...
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Glad you made it Safe! Merry Christmas to you Bro!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Best of luck Wayne. I hope you find yourself a wonderful new life up there in the great white north.
    Thanks for the encouragement and well wishes, guys. Enjoying time with my fiancee, but reeling from all the prices on tobacco. Ever seen a 5 dollar Padron 3000 be tagged at 24 bucks? Or AF Curly Head (2 dollars) be charged 9 to 12?

Also too cold to smoke anything outside.
    wwhwang:
    Thanks for the encouragement and well wishes, guys. Enjoying time with my fiancee, but reeling from all the prices on tobacco. Ever seen a 5 dollar Padron 3000 be tagged at 24 bucks? Or AF Curly Head (2 dollars) be charged 9 to 12?

Yup ! It gives a whole new meaning to "sticker shock" don't it? LMAO
    Man, I hate shipping my humidors. So far, a bunch of ISOM Montecristo minis, Camacho Liberty 2010, Gurkha Warlord, and Tatuaje Black are completely destroyed. And the seal on one of my humis is probably gone.
    wwhwang:
    Man, I hate shipping my humidors. So far, a bunch of ISOM Montecristo minis, Camacho Liberty 2010, Gurkha Warlord, and Tatuaje Black are completely destroyed. And the seal on one of my humis is probably gone.
    What. How did you pack them? That really sucks whang, sorry to hear that. Guess you should have packaged them up as though you were sending them to a BOTL and used that packaging protocol. In reality you were sending them to a BOTL even if it was yourself, so how was your packaging?
    laker1963:
    wwhwang:
    What. How did you pack them? That really sucks whang, sorry to hear that. Guess you should have packaged them up as though you were sending them to a BOTL and used that packaging protocol. In reality you were sending them to a BOTL even if it was yourself, so how was your packaging?
    I packed everything with lots of those air pillows and clothes as filler cushions. Even so, the rare cigars (and not my everyday smokes) somehow got completely shredded and the inside lining was knocked out of kilter. I guess all I need is a bit of wood glue for the inside lining. But the wrapper on the cigars are completely ruined.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Hope the rest of em arrive ok Wayne. Glad to here you are safely relocated though.
    wwhwang:
    laker1963:
    wwhwang:
    I packed everything with lots of those air pillows and clothes as filler cushions. Even so, the rare cigars (and not my everyday smokes) somehow got completely shredded and the inside lining was knocked out of kilter. I guess all I need is a bit of wood glue for the inside lining. But the wrapper on the cigars are completely ruined.
    OH man I feel for you brother. That does suck.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    wwhwang:

Now you see why the uproar on ccom not shipping to Canada...although I have made a couple orders since for redirection by another brother...get yourself a mailbox close to the border....