Home General Discussion
Options

My Father Event

So today I went to my local b&m's My Father Event it was great. While there i bought eight cigars but dont know to much about what i got if you guys have any knowable about these cigars could you let me know. They were the Vegas Cubanas by Don Pepin Garcia, La Reloba Seleccion Sumatra, Tabacos Baez Serie SF, Jaime Garcia Reserve Especial, My Father le Bijou 1922, My Father cedar wrap, My Father Limited Edition 2010, and Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Maduro which i smoked there. If you guys know anything that would be great

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Of the ones you've mentioned I've had the:

Vegas Cubanas - More mild blend from Pepin that is still very flavorful.
    My Father Le Bijou 1922 - Full bodied oscuro wrapped smokes with TONS of flavor!
    My Father cedar wrap - Same as the regular My Father
    and the JJ Maduro which you already tried.
    All damn good smokes and I wish I had been there! lol
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I know there was one coming up in Walnut Creek... Is that the one you went to? It's right down the street from me...
  • Options
    Ive have the Jamie Garcia which is a great smoke and the La Reloba in Habano and Sumatra and they are pretty good for the price point. THe My Father cigars are awesome too, but I have only had the regular. DPG has some great blends out there.
  • Options
    yeah in walnut creek, me and my body use to go to o sulavins but we showed up there and they were closed do you know anything about that? so then we went to Bellicose and there were having an event the only turn off is there is a 10 buck smoking fee even if you buy there sticks.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    PuroFreak:
    Of the ones you've mentioned I've had the:

Vegas Cubanas - More mild blend from Pepin that is still very flavorful.
    My Father Le Bijou 1922 - Full bodied oscuro wrapped smokes with TONS of flavor!
    My Father cedar wrap - Same as the regular My Father
    and the JJ Maduro which you already tried.
    All damn good smokes and I wish I had been there! lol
    +1 on teh Vegas Cubanas - EXCELLENT stick, think you're gonna love it!

• Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Christian_Sapp:
    yeah in walnut creek, me and my body use to go to o sulavins but we showed up there and they were closed do you know anything about that? so then we went to Bellicose and there were having an event the only turn off is there is a 10 buck smoking fee even if you buy there sticks.
    Geez, that sounds just like our first get together huh Rob? Sullivans was closed so we went to Casa Bellicoso and sure enough they were having a CAO event.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    Christian_Sapp:
    Geez, that sounds just like our first get together huh Rob? Sullivans was closed so we went to Casa Bellicoso and sure enough they were having a CAO event.
    man thats so weird, yeah do you know what happened to sulavins? i liked that place but bellicoso is nice
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Christian_Sapp:
    So today I went to my local b&m's My Father Event it was great. While there i bought eight cigars but dont know to much about what i got if you guys have any knowable about these cigars could you let me know. They were the Vegas Cubanas by Don Pepin Garcia, La Reloba Seleccion Sumatra, Tabacos Baez Serie SF, Jaime Garcia Reserve Especial, My Father le Bijou 1922, My Father cedar wrap, My Father Limited Edition 2010, and Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Maduro which i smoked there. If you guys know anything that would be great

-La Reloba is Pepin's "value" line. Less expensive, but still, in my limited experience, a great blend. Medium full.
    -Jaime's Reserva Especial blend is an awesome Connecticut Broadleaf stick. Similar to the BL Reservas Pepin has done in the past for Pete/Tat. Lots of sweet, dark flavors. Good body as well. One of my favorites.
    -My Father Cedros Deluxe is just a special vitola that isn't readily available (there are actually two sizes, a Corona Gorda, and a Lonsdale, with a cedar wrap. Same blend as the regular MF line though. Have never smoked one. Have one of each though.
    -MF LB 1922 is a stronger version of the MF blend, this time, done by Pepin instead of Jaime. Has an Oscuro wrapper. The 1922 Petite Robusto is one of my favorite smokes.
    -The MF Limited 2010 is a really special stick. Blended by Pepin and Jaime, uses Pelo D'Oro tobacco (some of their best), and was actually rolled (every one they produced) by Jaime and Pepin themselves. Jaime bunched the filler, and Pepin rolled the wrappers. I think they did it in their spare time, and did it on their days off and what not. Pretty awesome that the Master and son did it themselves. Let it get some really good rest though. The reviews leaned towards these needing a lot of age, but they seem like they will turn into something amazing.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Jdorais:
    Christian_Sapp:
    ha... to the T... that's exactly what happened... Sullivans had some note on the door saying they'd be right back... I've never been back, so I don't know what their deal is... Bellicoso is pretty nice though... I have a few buddies who are members there so I roll with them from time to time...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i recently had a vegas cubanas that joe sent me. solid cigar. even in the small size it lasted a good hour and a half or more
    i didnt find it quite as complex as other DPGs but it was still good and im looking forward to more
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    i recently had a vegas cubanas that joe sent me. solid cigar. even in the small size it lasted a good hour and a half or more
    i didnt find it quite as complex as other DPGs but it was still good and im looking forward to more
    From what I understand, you are a slow ass smoker though, Kuz (It's okay, I am too. The little Tatuaje minutos (4x40s) last me well over an hour) :P