Home General Discussion
Options

opus x maduro?

so i know nothing, im not sure if i read something wrong but is there an opus x maduro out there that is super rare? Anyone know anything?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yes. They have been released a few times in Prometheus humidor releases. Best source of info on these that I know of now that vitolas.net is gone would be Brooks at www.smokingstogie.com . he has a small collection of Opus Maddys, and I'm sure could tell you all about them. I've been bugging him to review them for a while now.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Yes. They have been released a few times in Prometheus humidor releases. Best source of info on these that I know of now that vitolas.net is gone would be Brooks at www.smokingstogie.com . he has a small collection of Opus Maddys, and I'm sure could tell you all about them. I've been bugging him to review them for a while now.
    Hey, Brooks lives here in Dallas and I know the guy... I could always go sneak into his humi and maybe send out a few bombs... Hmmmm... LMAO
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I believe the BBMF is released in Maduro...
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    That guy has one of the best reviews/site!! I love reading his reviews on cigars!!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Man, I've never heard of a maduro Opus. Now I'm depressed I don't have one. :(
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

bbmf

robusto
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a bbmf maduro on my honeymoon. I enjoyed it but would never pay 60 plus for it.
  • Options
    lcpleel:

bbmf

robusto
    Tease....lol
  • Options
    Aside from the bbmfm there are some other, far rarer, one off type Opus X maduro releases, in regular sizes. I assumed those were what OP was talking about.
  • Options
    Opus X Maduro Lancero - Opus X Maduro Super Belicoso - Opus X Maduro **** - are the ones that im looking for.
  • Options
    I should note, I prefer the natural more. Sure the maduro is nice but I prefer the anejo over the opus x maduro. Yeah I've only had one and while I wasn't in the most relaxing and quite moments that I try to be in while enjoying a special cigar. If I ever get a chance to pick these up for under 20 or so i'll do so but like I said I won't pay extra for them. I do wish they would be more accesible.
  • Options
    lcpleel:

bbmf

robusto
    damn i want these now, im guessing they are like impossible to find?
  • Options
    Christian_Sapp:
    lcpleel:

bbmf

robusto
    bbmfs are not as hard to find. but the robusto took me some time to get a hold of.
  • Options
    NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    Speaking of rare opus x's, anyone ever smoke one of these?? http://www.cigaraficionado.com/blogs/show/id/166
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Christian_Sapp:
    lcpleel:

bbmf

robusto
    bbmfs are not as hard to find. but the robusto took me some time to get a hold of.
    where should i start to try to find these?
  • Options
    Christian_Sapp:
    lcpleel:
    Christian_Sapp:
    lcpleel:

bbmf

robusto
    what are you looking for?
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Christian_Sapp:
    lcpleel:
    Christian_Sapp:
    lcpleel:

bbmf

robusto
    any opus x maduro or any rare opus x, pretty much anything
  • Options
    NightHawk:
    Speaking of rare opus x's, anyone ever smoke one of these?? http://www.cigaraficionado.com/blogs/show/id/166
    Ridiculous smokes, WOW...
  • Options
    Christian_Sapp:
    lcpleel:
    Christian_Sapp:
    lcpleel:
    Christian_Sapp:
    lcpleel:

bbmf

robusto
    any opus x maduro or any rare opus x, pretty much anything
    Good luck. Trade forums are pretty much the only place you're going to find that stuff, aside from the regular Casa Fuente releases, and whatever Prometheus has put out in the last year or so.

Vitolas.net used to have a TON of rare Fuente stuff cataloged in a huge database (with photos), sadly, that is all gone now. Using archive.org, you can bring up the text still, but the images are gone until he gets the site back up and running (which is not seemingly going to happen any time soon...)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I would love to get my hands on some of these. I would probably pay more than $20. Just to try them...
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I would love to get my hands on some of these. I would probably pay more than $20. Just to try them...
    lol... you would have to pay significantly more than $20 for one...
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    you could always get one of them charity boxes, and you'll have some extras.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    you could always get one of them charity boxes, and you'll have some extras.
    I actually thought about getting one each year but I buy too many other cigars! Plus the $200 price increase isn't justified in my opinion and each year they are offering fewer and fewer maduros. I think the 2009 only had 1 - 2.
  • Options
    good point.
  • Options
    what comes in the charity box?
  • Options
    lol i think it was the begining of this month when i was looking for people to make a group buy on the cf22 2009 and the 2010. it was alot lower than the msrp too.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    lol i think it was the begining of this month when i was looking for people to make a group buy on the cf22 2009 and the 2010. it was alot lower than the msrp too.
    how much per person and how many cigars would we each get?
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    was it under 800?
  • Options
    Under 800 for 22
  • Options
    Oh, totally forgot about this, but just remembered. The regular, old Opus Maduros have a different wrapper from the BBMF Maddy. The BBMF maddy is just the Anejo wrapper, minus the cognac barrel aging. The OR Opus Maduros have a regular Opus wrapper that has been maduro processed. Big difference from what I hear. Never smoked either though, so it's all hear-say.