Home General Discussion

Almost there...

bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
Contrary to popular opinion, I've often felt you COULD fit 100 cigars into a 100 count humi. (and not just coronas). I just counted my 100 count aging humi...97 sticks! Most of these are toro size and 50-54 ring gauge robustos, torpedos, etc., I even have six salomons in there. In my smoking humi (100 count)...95 sticks! Lots of toro, churchill and decent size ring gauges in there, too!

Both of these humis have a tiny amount of space left where I could probably get over 100 in there if I really felt like it, but that would make lifting the tray out a little sketchy. Dang, almost there!

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I have a 300 count El Diablo a little over half full and there's no way I'd ever get near having 300.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    skweekz:
    I have a 300 count El Diablo a little over half full and there's no way I'd ever get near having 300.
    I agree, I have the same humi and it is stocked full, but only has around 200 sticks.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    skweekz:
    I agree, I have the same humi and it is stocked full, but only has around 200 sticks.
    The only way to know is to buy more and start cramming!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can easily get 300 cigars into my 300 count humi. I just have to use my foot!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    bigharpoon:
    Contrary to popular opinion, I've often felt you COULD fit 100 cigars into a 100 count humi. (and not just coronas). I just counted my 100 count aging humi...97 sticks! Most of these are toro size and 50-54 ring gauge robustos, torpedos, etc., I even have six salomons in there. In my smoking humi (100 count)...95 sticks! Lots of toro, churchill and decent size ring gauges in there, too!

Both of these humis have a tiny amount of space left where I could probably get over 100 in there if I really felt like it, but that would make lifting the tray out a little sketchy. Dang, almost there!
    I'm blowing the BS whistle! There is NO WAY you got 97 cigars in a 100ct humi - unless most of them are pequenos! LOL PICTURES OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I once played this game, but it was with a cooler and cans of beer. The cooler supposedly only held 48 cans of beer and I managed to cram 54 in it, plus enough ice to keep them all cold for the entire day. I am a tetris master haha
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    This thread needs pics.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I think there are more than 20 cigars in my little desktop humi. I'll take a pic and post it when I get home.
    Light 'em up.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think many newer humidors have the "correct" count.
    in older ones they went off of traditional cuban sizes. many cubans use the carona size as the "standard"

the US market is clearly different.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

I got 101 in a 100 count!! Does this count? All of them are Fuentes mostly HTF stuff.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I gave up trying to get the listed amount in any of my humi's and just bought a cooler.

By the way lcpleel, nice pic
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Here you go, my very modest aging humidor:

aging humi

Bottom:

10 MOW Ruination (including 2 original)
    10 5 Vegas Miami
    9 AJ Coronas (mixed, the others are in the smoking humi and tupperdor)
    6 Forum Blend (3 each)
    5 MOW Original
    3 JdN Celebracion
    3 Oliva MBIII
    3 Padilla Miami
    3 Padilla 1932
    3 Padilla Dominus

Top:

5 CAO VR
    2 CAO Black
    3 Oliva V
    3 JdN Antano
    5 Pinar del Rio Sungrown
    4 Cu-Avana Intenso
    6 CAO MX2
    8 GH Vintage 2002
    4 LHC OF Salomon
    1 Padilla 1932 Salomon
    1 MOW Armada

TOTAL: 97 CIGARS!!!

The little white straps are so I can lift the tray out without having to get my fingers on the tray itself, very handy. I think I could cram a few more in there and get over 100!

lcpleel: that pic is HILARIOUS! Wanna trade humis???
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    The little white straps are so I can lift the tray out without having to get my fingers on the tray itself, very handy. I think I could cram a few more in there and get over 100!

BRILLIANT!

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I have a 130 count and a 150 count and I can't get more than 115 to 120 in my 130 count. My 150 only holds 133 right now. I'm pretty sure it's the ring size for me. Ihave mostly robusto's and perfecto's. Hey lcpleel, can I borrow your picture. I want to send it to my wife. So, I can get a cabinet, lol.....
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    cooch36:
    ShotgunJohn:
    skweekz:
    The only way to know is to buy more and start cramming!
    I have 6 humi's all full and overflow in ziplocs with water pillows.
    I have tried the cramming, but I agree you can never buy too many. :)... just don't tell the wife.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Wow Bigharpoon, that organization looks mighty impressive. Perhaps it is just me, but I my humi does not look nearly that good. I always enjoy looking at other people's 'systems' also, so as to see what might work better than the method I am using. My system is more so influenced by date/age, rather than size, but a few pictures quickly show how much more efficient your method is over mine. Thanks for sharing.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Wow Bigharpoon, that organization looks mighty impressive. Perhaps it is just me, but I my humi does not look nearly that good. I always enjoy looking at other people's 'systems' also, so as to see what might work better than the method I am using. My system is more so influenced by date/age, rather than size, but a few pictures quickly show how much more efficient your method is over mine. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks. The date and age thing are easy for me and my system of storing by size. All the cigars you see from the overhead picture go all the way to the bottom of the tray or the bottom of the humi. (more or less), same brand of cigars from the same order. When I get down to only one or two of something they all go to the smoking humi and a brand new batch of cigars go in the ager, piled in a way so they also go from bottom to top. Nothing ever gets lost or mixed up.