Home General Discussion
Options

Newbie needs a reccomendation

Hi guys, just getting into cigars pretty heavily after having smoked the occasional stogie for a few years now.

I've got a custom sampler arriving any day now with:
1 x ACID by Drew Estate, Kuba Kuba, Habano
1 x Diesel, Shorty (Torpedo), Maduro
1 x Diesel, Unholy Cocktail (Belicoso), Maduro
1 x Graycliff 1666, Double Espresso, Maduro
1 x Graycliff Platinum Edicion Limitada, Gordo, Habano
1 x Gurkha Beauty, Toro, Connecticut
1 x Gurkha Crest, Toro, Maduro
1 x Man O' War Ruination, Robusto No. 2, Habano
1 x Nub, 466, Habano
1 x Padilla Signature 1932, Robusto, Habano

The Kuba Kuba is the only one I've ever had and I really like it. Any suggestions on which one I should smoke first?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'm still new to cigars but my personal preference would be to light up that Diesel U.C. - i love that stick. Welcome btw.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Smoke the kuba kuba unless you can store apart from the others.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    Smoke the kuba kuba unless you can store apart from the others.
    +1, good call!

I was also thinking maybe the Beauty next...you ordered yourself some pretty heavy hitters there, you might want to start a lil' slower.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    If you like the kuba kuba, you're probably gonna like the other cigars in the Acid line or other infused cigars
  • Options
    Is there any specific reason I don't want to store the Kuba with other cigars?
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    The infused flavor will "leak" into other cigars. Normal practice is to store infused cigars in a humi and "normal" cigars in another.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Graycliffs and the Gurkhas are likely to need the most rest. Actually, I'd rest the whole shipment for about a month, separating the Kuba Kuba as already suggested. After that, well, you've got a handful of pretty good cigars there, no way to go wrong, really. The 1932 is pretty peppery, the Ruination is just all around great, but considering your fondness for the Kuba Kuba, you might try the Gurkha Beauty first, a very rich and flavorful cigar that's not overpowering. I'd give that 1666 the longest, just what's worked best in my experience.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    brizzzinebrizzzine Posts: 92
    The Ruination #2 is one of my top smokes...but you might want to work up to it. If you can smoke the Diesel UHC all the way through, you're probably ready for the Ruination.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Yes as the boys suggested, start with the milder ones and work up. There are some full bodied smokes in that line up and you don't want to get slapped too hard when you're not ready for it.
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    The Graycliff Platinum Edition Limitada, The Diesel Shorty, and the MOW Ruination are three of my favorite cigars. Good choices!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    First and for most, welcome. I'm new here too. If you don't want to smoke that KUBA KUBA first, go with the Gurkha Beauty. That's my suggestion.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Man o War, I and my mouse AJ go to them first. Got some aging now as well. But it's all good, just enjoy. Usually buy the doubles samplers, or 2 samplers, to get a couple of smokes to try.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    So I'll do my best to give advice. First of all, if you are newer to cigars, like people have said, starting mild and working your way up is great because it allows you to build p to a stronger cigar and not get kicked in the stomach by an intense cigar right off the bat. I thing if you were to order them most mild to most full flavored, the order will go something like:

Gurkha Beauty, Graycliff Platinum, Gurkha Crest, Graycliff 1666, Nub Habano, Diesel Unholy Cocktail, Diesel Shorty, Man o' War Ruination, Padilla 1932. The last four are all pretty powerful though.

Of those, the Padilla 1932 is probably my favorite, which is saying a lot since I love many of those cigars.