Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    77 aston martin v8 vantage
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Time for another hint. While the companies split several decades prior, the car bears the same marquee as my motorcycle.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Triumph TR7?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    77 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante
  • Options
    All the older bond cars have been named, so if one hasn't made it I'm at a loss...
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    1972 Triumph Stag
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Well, since my Spitfire guess wasn't it. Urbi already said TR7 even though I don't think that qualifies as vintage. I'll go ahead and say the ...TR6.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    1972 Triumph Stag
    Nailed it! I do indeed have A 1972 Triumph Stag.

The Stag was the first car Triumph produced with a V-8. One was driven by Bond (Connery), while posing as Peter Franks in Diamonds are Forever. A Stag was also used by Charles & Diana on their honeymoon.

I got mine from a guy at my dad's work that had kept it parked in a storage facility since 1981. The car hasn't moved under its own power since before I was born. It had a blown head gasket, which I replaced and got the engine fired up, but then the power steering unit started pouring out fluid. I decided that driving the car without tearing the engine completely down after that many years was too risky, so I'm trying to save up enough money to do a complete engine overhaul, then repair the steering, update the suspension, then get it painted. Since the car has always been parked inside, the body is clean, and the interior is nearly perfect.
  • Options
    wow, looking at the list of bond cars in the films that guy wasn't there, must have been looking at a crap list.. Anyway, lovely car and I'm sure you can't wait to give that puppy a nice drive!
  • Options
    bbc, I'm not sure where I put your address. If you don't mind, PM it to me and I'll get something on its way.
  • Options
    no problem. you got pm. now I have to think of a challenge.
  • Options
    Ok....so, I'm beginning to understand that the tougher challenges are usually based on a personal experience/circumstance in the challengers life, that being said my challenge will be about the first college I attended, but not solely that, but also a certain reference to those exact years I was attending....I don't think this will be too hard to figure out, but It should take some guessing....here goes

I'll need 2 things for a winner and a third for a bonus

1. What college did I attend
    2. Who was the coach of the Mens Basketball team
    bonus - Who was the star of the team my first two years of school - hint he had a pretty good year in the pros

Ok, so I think this will be tough, so google fu away and get the guessing going(one guess per 24 hours)...I will drop a hint sometime late Monday evening if there is not a winner by then.

ok a hint to start off with - the coach is coaching a different team now and I only attended the college for 2 years
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Ohio University Tim O'Shea Brandon Hunter
  • Options
    that's funny, I had a lot of friend only attend OU for two years...but I did not go there.
  • Options
    is this that hard...or is it that slow on here today...either way, there will be a valuable hint later tonight.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Marquette. Tom Crean. Dwayne Wade.
  • Options
    To make it worth the guesses. If someone gets this with this next hint(s), there will be an Opus X in it for them(if they get the bonus)...It's supposed to be fun isn't it?

While the college I attended has had 19 appearances in NCAA tournaments, they have never gotten past the Elite Eight.
  • Options
    dagnabbit.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    To make it worth the guesses. If someone gets this with this next hint(s), there will be an Opus X in it for them(if they get the bonus)...
    Ooh, damn. Now I wanna guess. It technically has been 2 weeks since I won (but I don't think that was really the intent of the rule). I need to break this string of winning almost every other time anyway.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    oh man... Might just have to jump on this

EDIT: Never mind.... I've pulled my (correct?) answer... I just don't have the inventory for the games at the moment.

EDIT AGAIN: I can't resist.. I gotta try

Gah!! EDIT ONE MORE TIME: What am I doing? I'm headed out of town until Sunday... I can't be playing games! I've pulled my answer again... sheesh
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Alabama, David Hobbs, Antonio McDyess
  • Options
    btmisles:
    Alabama, David Hobbs, Antonio McDyess
    hmm.. wasn't my guess
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    I think it is probably too long ago but bama (as far as I can tell) is the only school to have been there 19 time w/out getting past the elite 8 and the current coach has been there for almost 10 years. I don't know. Pretty sure it isn't correct but what the hell.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Tulsa, Coach John Phillips
  • Options
    Alright, I can't take it... if I'm right, y'all might have to wait a bit for a question, because I'll be out of town 'til Sunday evening. But this is killing me.

Alabama
    Mark Gottfried
    Gerald Wallace

Now watch... I'm wrong and all this fuss was about nothing :)
  • Options
    I'll be dropping another hint later this evening...until then...keep guessing
  • Options
    wow... I was 100% sure I'd had it! ha! Just as well, I'm headed up north and the laptop is staying here.. probably won't talk to y'all until next week.. Happy holidays, everyone!
  • Options
    3 hours and 19 minutes until I can guess again...
  • Options
    OK...challenge rolls on...no opus X in the picture now, but I can promise some excellent sticks to the winner

In the past 8 years, the coach in question has produced 20 wins each year while coaching for three different schools

If someone doesn't get it after this, I would be surprised.
  • Options
    Xavier. Skip Prosser. David West?