Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Fun and Games

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Crap, I posted that before I saw you latest clue. Skip Prosser is dead, god rest his soul. He coached Xavier and then Wake in the last eight years. He may be coaching in the sweet hereafter, but you couldn't know that...could you?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    God rest his soul...it was not Mr. Prosser
  • Options
    I was sad to hear of his passing last year though! This may be unfair, but I feel like you deserve another guess....hrmph integrity
  • Options
    This challenge has to get cracked open soon. I'm itchin' to send out some sticks!
  • Options
    I gots it...I'll wait my 24 hours and hopefully get to guess again.
  • Options
    Seriously? No guesses in 17 hours? New hint:

Basketball is a big deal at this school. It makes sense. When I was there they hadn't had a football team since 1973.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    drexel university / bruiser flint
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    This challenge has to get cracked open soon. I'm itchin' to send out some sticks!
    If that's the case, want my addy? lol..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    bbc020:
    If that's the case, want my addy? lol..

With this next clue, It will be solved..

Since leaving the the school I attended, this coach has been to the championship game and has won the NIT tournament.

guess away...I'm pretty sure there is only one that fits that description...remember I need the first two parts of the challenge for the win and the third part is for a bonus
  • Options
    Xavier...Thad Matta...David West?
  • Options
    He did just win the NIT and before that the championship game. right? right?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    DAMNIT, DAMNIT, DAMNIT!!!!!
    My wife and i have been tag team googling this for like 2 hours, i log in with THAT ANSWER and you posted! Dude you ought to see my note pad about this.....
    Damn Brandon that was rough, props Luko, your google-fu is strong.
    Jeez....i need a cigar lol
  • Options
    Google-fu? Not familiar. What's that. I will say, I got to X without google. Love that coach they got now (stared at Pitt, you know). I knew it was them or Drexel that hadn't had football. Couldn't think of any very good NBA players of recent vintage from Drexel. Just got messed up on Prosser and Matta. Google did help me figure out how many games Matta won. Man, that dude wins. A lot.
  • Options
    Google Kung Fu!

The last name i was loking at was Steve Seymour, but that was out in left field. I googled "no football team 1973" and xavier popped up. But memphis, who has won the nit has been football independent since that year too. All good, nothing a Rocky 92 wont fix
  • Options
    Luko:
    Xavier...Thad Matta...David West?

I'm glad it all came out this time, I was somewhat heartbroken when the first Xavier answer was thrown out. Skip was a hell of a coach and did excellent things at X, but I didn't get to see any of it. I came to XU in the fall of 01' and found myself with an on campus job at the Cintas Center as a A/V technician. I got to run sound and set up things for conferences, special classes, corporate meetings, and best of all sporting events. When winter hit I got to work every home basketball game.

I first met Mr. Matta after his first season with Xavier. I remember seeing him in the building, coaching and working out with the team, sometimes before 6am. That's what came across, he seemed very enthusiastic and an incredibly hard worker. I was impressed.

Being born into Buckeye fan hood, I was glad to see him move to Ohio State in 04'. I could only hope he would do as well at OSU. Sure enough, it seems like things have gone OK for him there.

I still follow XU basketball. I remember feeling down when Thad left and they named one of his Assistant coaches to the job. Yet Sean Miller has had an incredible coaching career, just like Matta's. He has taken Xavier to it's best season, including it's second appearance in the Elite Eight. Not to mention they are 5-0 with a win over the Memphis Tigers last week.

David West was definitely the star there, yet I remember thinking he was not going to do much in the NBA. Didn't have the stature of a typical center or power forward. Guess I was wrong.

congrats luko, I'll need your addy to get these sticks out to you!
  • Options
    OK, my turn for a question. I got married in 2000. Where? (hint #1, it was a non-traditional wedding)
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Are you asking for a city and state, or a type of place like a church or bar?
  • Options
    sorry, should have been more specific. Municipality, state and type of place. Bonus stick if you can give the denonimation of the pastor who married us. Another hint - it's a relativly popular vacation destination here on the right coast.
  • Options
    horry co./s,c./beach/presby.
  • Options
    myrtle beach
  • Options
    getting warmer...
  • Options
    savannah ga. beach front/now your a baptist/lol
  • Options
    uh ohh did i post too soon? is there a limit per day
  • Options
    Kitty Hawk, NC/ beach, Lutheran
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    uh ohh did i post too soon? is there a limit per day
    One post per day..Don't give out to many ideas or someone else may sniper your game.
  • Options
    Very close...if someone fires off another "x," they'll probably get it.
  • Options
    charleston,sc,beach,baptist
  • Options
    gmill880:
    charleston,sc,beach,baptist
    Off target...use the hint in my last post.
  • Options
    Augusta, GA.....plantation or river boat, aaaand baptist for the bonus.....
  • Options
    fort sumpter,sc,ocean front,baptist