Home General Discussion
Options

The @#@ hit the fan APRIL FOOLS!

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Well me and the wife had a big argument last night...about my cigar smoking. Man, it was bad. I'm sorry to report that my wonderful cigar hobby is no more. I am giving all my smokes to JZ (my neighbor) and basically have to "live a better and healthier life for my kids..." I am so pissed off right now I can barely type this. I will probably still pop in on the forums every once in awhile, but for the most part this is it. I enjoyed the friendships I made here and hope everyone has a great weekend and please smoke one for me.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i call shenanigans

...there is one every year
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    kuzi16:
    i call shenanigans

...there is one every year
    +1
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Dont do it----fight the good fight.....as a wise man once said, "Women are women, but cigars are forever"------sadly that mad died of a self inflicted cigar in his notril and left earhole while singing Im So Lonesome I Could Cry-----but you get the idea

Best of luck my man, hopefully with time this shall too pass, or at least her sense of smell for you to "go to the store for a minute".
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Krieg. Buddy. Take a moment. Relax. These things happen. I'm sure both of you are "fuming". You seem like a smart guy (from what I can tell from your posts). I'm sure your wife is a lovely gal. Let cooler heads prevail. Compromise. Reason. Everything in moderation. Its about quality of life. I lost my nearest and dearest friend a couple of years ago suddenly. He was way too young to die. We used to have dinner together every wednesday night. If we were having Baked Potato w/ dinner or some nice bread he never would put Butter on it. He felt it was "unhealthy". It drove me crazy. He was the type of guy that was in the Gym every morning at 5:00 AM. Used #1000 Sun Block, never smoked, etc. etc. You get the picture. This may sound silly but the fact he would never use Butter bugged the hell out of me. For this reason exactly. Life is too short. One day he was over my house laughing and joking as always. The next he was gone from my life forever. You'll work this out with your wife. You may have to compromise a little. It will make the cigars that much more special when you do have one. Put it in perspective. I'm not sure how much/often you smoke. But, when you have kids, you are then "second". Everything you do must be with them in mind. But you have a life to live as well. You deserve to treat yourself once in a while also. I have kids too. Respect what your wife is saying to you and hopefully she can respect what you say to her. Have a cigar as often as your kids have McDonalds or something like that. Hopefully you can work it out and enjoy a nice smoke from time to time. Good luck & butter your bread and Baked Potatoes.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    4/1/2011
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I'm not really going to chime in on this other than to say 'good luck'.....to everybody....

Dennis - come on man...let it ride a little longer....
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    I'm not really going to chime in on this other than to say 'good luck'.....to everybody....

no one pays attention to me..... Smile [:)]
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    KCW:
    Krieg. Buddy. Take a moment. Relax. These things happen. I'm sure both of you are "fuming". You seem like a smart guy (from what I can tell from your posts). I'm sure your wife is a lovely gal. Let cooler heads prevail. Compromise. Reason. Everything in moderation. Its about quality of life. I lost my nearest and dearest friend a couple of years ago suddenly. He was way too young to die. We used to have dinner together every wednesday night. If we were having Baked Potato w/ dinner or some nice bread he never would put Butter on it. He felt it was "unhealthy". It drove me crazy. He was the type of guy that was in the Gym every morning at 5:00 AM. Used #1000 Sun Block, never smoked, etc. etc. You get the picture. This may sound silly but the fact he would never use Butter bugged the hell out of me. For this reason exactly. Life is too short. One day he was over my house laughing and joking as always. The next he was gone from my life forever. You'll work this out with your wife. You may have to compromise a little. It will make the cigars that much more special when you do have one. Put it in perspective. I'm not sure how much/often you smoke. But, when you have kids, you are then "second". Everything you do must be with them in mind. But you have a life to live as well. You deserve to treat yourself once in a while also. I have kids too. Respect what your wife is saying to you and hopefully she can respect what you say to her. Have a cigar as often as your kids have McDonalds or something like that. Hopefully you can work it out and enjoy a nice smoke from time to time. Good luck & butter your bread and Baked Potatoes.

"Butter your bread and baked potatoes..." A great line. And great advice all around, even if this IS an April Fool's joke.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing "HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!"
    (I will edit in case this is not the case byt he end of the day or tomorrow).

Rob
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    KCW:

If health is the full reason by this, than you have no choice my friend. You have a wife who cares and children, enough said. But if there's a tolerance gone because your smoking cigars, then +1 what KCW said. No matter what happens I'm pretty sure these fellow BOTL's and myself will be here whenever you check in...

P.S. This will be a bad April Fool's joke....
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Heavy:

no one pays attention to me..... Smile [:)]
    LOL - well that's something you and i both have in common! My wife hasn't listened to a word I've said since I said "I Do". At least she didn't make me give up my smokes like poor Kreig. By the way, I think you should at least divide them up amongst everyone on this thread. Esp the first few posters.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    why am I so gulliable!
  • Options

Hehe. Happy April Fool's Day to you too! Gonna be a looooong day across the internet...

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Ya got me Krieg; good one Smile [:)]
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Nice try Krieg! April Freaking FOOLS ! FOOL!
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Well played krieg...well played
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    +1...Happy April Fools...!!!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I hope this an April Fool's day joke, or Krieg better be sending that package enroute to him right now back to sender. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    I have a sense of humor. It is my own fault for not realizing this is an April's Fools Day joke however, what I said was sincere. I put a little bit effort into my words and brought up some personal feelings. I am disappointed that this was a joke (not for Krieg's sake). Again my own fault. I was just trying to help a BOTL feel a little better. Good joke (I guess). You got me.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    I think this might be appropriate at this time, Note: I have absolutely no permission from Duke to copy a chunk of his banter from the other night, but I am sure he won't mind, Ateup! A mans fairy tale: Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess "Will you marry me"? The Princess said "NO" And the Prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and fcked skinny big t!tted broads and hunted and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank Crown, vodka, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard b!tching and never paid child support or alimony and ate p***ies and fcked cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was fckin cool as hell and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up ... The end!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this coming, but even knowing it was a prank, I still got chills!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping this is just a bad April Fool's joke, Krieg.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I can attest that it is legit. His wife has always hated and complained about cigars and I guess she's had enough. Hopefully they can come up with a good resolution where he doesnt have to give up his hobby. He's pretty bummed right now and pretty mad. Even so, I hope he stays on the forums although that would be hard for me personally.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I actually believed it for the first few lines. Deff a good one. Give me Cigars, or give me Death.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I know the timing is bad, and being skeptical at first myself I inquired further. Apparently his wife blew her gasket because his 3 year old son was pretent smoking a cigar by using a lego. Believe it or not, time will only confirm. It's unfortunate.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna hedge my bets here.....

If this is an April Fools joke, then "Good one!"

If this is for real, then sorry, bro. That really blows. But hey, family first. Try and work out your issues first. This hobby will always be here for you when you return.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    No reply yet at to whether or not this in fact an April Fool's joke...hmmm. I tell my wife, if my cigar smoking is her biggest complaint with me as a husband...she is a lucky woman! I'm not out chasing women or drinking in the bars. I'm not in strip clubs or gambling our money away! She can probably find me by a local lake with my two sons, fishing. The boys hitting each other with sticks and not paying attention to thier fishing rods and me watching them smack each other while smoking my stogie. As long as they don't get mean or malicious and its just joking fun...I'll keep quit and enjoy my smoke. Now...if my cigar is her problem...she is doing pretty darn good in my book! How ever, I am respectful with my smoking around her and would never smoke inside my home. I go to the local grotto or enjoy my backyard time.
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    If this is an April fools then – well played. If not, then some of us BOTL need to get together and rotate bomb you continuously for a few weeks. With a random ordinance taking out your mail box every day or two she’ll have to wave the white flag!
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    KCW:
    I have a sense of humor. It is my own fault for not realizing this is an April's Fools Day joke however, what I said was sincere. I put a little bit effort into my words and brought up some personal feelings. I am disappointed that this was a joke (not for Krieg's sake). Again my own fault. I was just trying to help a BOTL feel a little better. Good joke (I guess). You got me.
    Your effort was not wasted. I actually have a friend that is going through exactly what Krieg was talking about (joke or not) I sent em a link to your post. I told em the same thing.
  • Options
    Stryker808:
    KCW:
    Your effort was not wasted. I actually have a friend that is going through exactly what Krieg was talking about (joke or not) I sent em a link to your post. I told em the same thing.
    Thank you.