Home Non Cigar Related
Options

New Machine

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Built it on Saturday, tuned it in today. The coil wraps are AB Sungrown bands. You can't see in the picture, but I didn't wire this one with a rear binder at all, just went straight RCA. Once you go RCA, clipcords seem gay.

The one on the left, is my go-to liner, built it a while back. Those are Intenso bands on the coils.

Comments

• Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Sweet!...how long you been doing tats?
  • Options
    For about two years professionally, little more than that prior to starting here at Year of the Monkey. I've been getting tattooed for about twelve and a half years now though.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I am getting a sleeve done when I get home. Email me as I have questions about the design. I'm not above coming out there to get it done if the design/work is good. I've still got friends in that area I can bum a room off of.
  • Options
    You can check out my work on my website, link is in my signature. I'll shoot you a PM with my email, where are you stationed at? Georgia, right? There are a few really sick artists around Atlanta, mainly almost all the cats over at All or Nothing Tattoo and Deano Cook's crew. Just saying, you are closer to some world-famous artists than you are to me. Oh, and All or Nothing are super-supportive of the military and Brandon Bond (the owner) does alot of charity work for pitbull rescue. Dunno if that matters to you or not, but the character of my artist is a deciding factor for me.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Are those pics on the site of the tats you have done? You charge by the hour or piece? One more question how far are you from Houston?
  • Options
    1. Yes
    2. $100 an hour
    3. 3 hours
  • Options
    I am also obliged to tell you that there are some ridiculously great artists in the Houston area. Check out Nate Beavers, he owns Epoch Tattoo in Houston. He did the Predator on my leg, seen here:

image He charged $150 an hour back then, that was in October of 2008. He may be more now, but I wouldn't expect him to be more than $200 an hour, if he has increased his hourly at all.