Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Ccom NFL Pick'Em 2011!

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
We usually have a football pick every NFL season, I think Vulchor ran it last year and I suppose I will run it this year. So I decided to create a Pick'Em Yahoo League. It's called "Ccom NFL Pick'Em 2011!" and the PW is: ccom. We usually have cigars for 1st and 2nd winners as the prize. Each of us send in cigars to the winners at the end of the season. This league will run all through the play offs. I know it's short notice, but hey...busy busy...fun as hell though. So if you're interested, feel free to sign up. Here is the link

pw: ccom

Group ID# 64186

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    robbyras is very much in... and yes, i referred to myself in screen name third person
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    hey Krieg, do you have a group ID number. Yahoo indicates there is a difference between name and group ID.
  • Options
    Bombay:
    hey Krieg, do you have a group ID number. Yahoo indicates there is a difference between name and group ID.
    Group ID# 64186

pw: ccom

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Swami Bombay is in!!!!
  • Options
    yes... the Champ has chosen
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I'm in!! BTW, picks due in today since first game starts at 7pm CST. Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Ready to rock!
  • Options
    Sweet, got mine in, I look forward to this contest every year, fun as hell!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    robbyras:
    robbyras is very much in... and yes, i referred to myself in screen name third person
    Now you just have to start throwing "The" in front of it when you do that & you will be the KING of COOL!

"The Robbyras does not SMOKE the Swisher, because The Robbyras does not LIKE the Swisher. Now fetch The Robbyras a Cohiba before The Robbyras loses his temper."

Try it out on the wife tonight and let me know how that works out for ya! LOL :-D

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Signed up.
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    robbyras:
    Now you just have to start throwing "The" in front of it when you do that & you will be the KING of COOL!

"The Robbyras does not SMOKE the Swisher, because The Robbyras does not LIKE the Swisher. Now fetch The Robbyras a Cohiba before The Robbyras loses his temper."

Try it out on the wife tonight and let me know how that works out for ya! LOL :-D

"Jimmy likes Elaine!" lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Marker:
    Signed up.
    That makes 6 so far! Still open till game time tonight!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    We did it differently last year Krieg----but I much prefer the year long deal. How many sticks are we buying in for??? Lucky 7? 10?
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    If I had my say, I would suggest 4-5 cigars but all of those would be mid+ end cigars. We get 10 people in here all of the sudden someone gets 70 cigars. Would rather have 50 for space concerns and know I would smoke them.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    We did it differently last year Krieg----but I much prefer the year long deal. How many sticks are we buying in for??? Lucky 7? 10?
    was gonna see how many people sign up, but I'd say have a buy in at 5. I think that's manageable, we could go more, I just don't want to chase people away, but I do want to make it worth it. So if 6 stay in that will be 30 cigars total. As for how many first place gets vs 2nd place, not sure yet...suggestions? Guess it will be easier to figure that out once we get the final tally of players.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    The Sniper:

That might be the best use of 127 characters in the history of typing
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. I think I missed the deadline though. GB game started already. Only able to get 15 of 16 picks.
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    I'm in. I think I missed the deadline though. GB game started already. Only able to get 15 of 16 picks.
    I see it let you join, I assumed it would have locked itself down where no one else could join, no big deal I guess, so if no one else has a problem with it, I don't. Looks like it just automatically makes you 0-1. If that's the case if someone joins late, how does everyone feel letting people join up till sunday?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    As for 1st and 2nd prizes, here is my idea. Currently 7 people in the league, buy in is 5 cigars = 35cigars total.

1st place - 20 cigars

2nd Place - 15 cigars

How does that sound to everyone?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Forgot to get in for first game----oh well, a good underdog story for me:)---------------5 sticks is ok, but consider its an entire season here I would like to see the reward a little larger. When we did the weight contest we said it was a $50 package from everyone (using reason since we all know A LOT of sticks are well below MSRP). I would like something more like this since we will be going to January----makes a nice prize. If not 50, maybe like 35-40 package. Up to the person who sends it-----you could send 3 Opus's and be done, or you can send 8 Ruinations.....whatever as long as they are about in that specific range and no poop sticks of course......just an idea.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Forgot to get in for first game----oh well, a good underdog story for me:)---------------5 sticks is ok, but consider its an entire season here I would like to see the reward a little larger. When we did the weight contest we said it was a $50 package from everyone (using reason since we all know A LOT of sticks are well below MSRP). I would like something more like this since we will be going to January----makes a nice prize. If not 50, maybe like 35-40 package. Up to the person who sends it-----you could send 3 Opus's and be done, or you can send 8 Ruinations.....whatever as long as they are about in that specific range and no poop sticks of course......just an idea.
    I like this idea since the season is quite long, its very cheap if you start setting sticks aside now. $30 package for the winner and $20 package for 2nd or something similar...and then whoever does the worst we should bomb with all of the eye-pokers, 4-5 sticks a piece
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Vulchor:
    I like this idea since the season is quite long, its very cheap if you start setting sticks aside now. $30 package for the winner and $20 package for 2nd or something similar...and then whoever does the worst we should bomb with all of the eye-pokers, 4-5 sticks a piece
    NOTHING for those who finish last, because then it starts to be a race to who can do the worst-----nothing personal man, but we did this in a league I was in once and it was a freakin disagrace

Glad you like the 50 or so idea for the first two though. The way we did it before was like if there were 7 of us then 3 people would send to the winner and 2 to the person in 2nd. The winner and 2nd place send to no one---this way it splits the sticks to make the winner get more and you only have to pay shipping to one person.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Vulchor:
    NOTHING for those who finish last, because then it starts to be a race to who can do the worst-----nothing personal man, but we did this in a league I was in once and it was a freakin disagrace

Glad you like the 50 or so idea for the first two though. The way we did it before was like if there were 7 of us then 3 people would send to the winner and 2 to the person in 2nd. The winner and 2nd place send to no one---this way it splits the sticks to make the winner get more and you only have to pay shipping to one person.
    True, it could get out of hand in a hurry.

That makes a lot of sense the way you shipped it the way before...very good idea
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Vulchor:

I'm gonna keep it to prizes for 1st and 2nd only. I really liked doing the split idea. As in certain number send sticks to 1st player and certain number send to 2nd place.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    I'm gonna keep it to prizes for 1st and 2nd only. I really liked doing the split idea. As in certain number send sticks to 1st player and certain number send to 2nd place.
    That is exactly how we are paying out the BORK baseball league...
  • Options
    A little less than 1/3 of a stick per week-------I guess Im in
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I'm just sitting back waiting to find out what the final verdict is for the winner/second place. Not too sure how I feel about the $50 stuff but well see.
  • Options
    Not gonna be that-----5 stick buy in is all.
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    I'm just sitting back waiting to find out what the final verdict is for the winner/second place. Not too sure how I feel about the $50 stuff but well see.
    I want this to be fun and have as many people to feel like they can join and not feel like they're gonna break the bank so to speak. In no way was I referring to sending cash or anything. As it stands right now: Each player who signs up has a 5 stick buy in. Certain number of people will send cigars to 1st place, and the rest of the people will send to 2nd place. That's it, and that's how it's gonna stay. You can send whatever sticks you want, I would recommend sticks in the $7-$10 range. I do want to make the contest worth playing. And if you win at the end, the winners get some decent stuff. If anyone doesn't want to play with this setup, now is the time to exit.
    -Krieg

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ****the gavel sounds****