Home General Discussion
Options

The help me decide what to smoke tonight thread...

Comments

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Had to use the search function to find this thread >.< so I needs some help deciding what to smoke today/tonight :)
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Had to use the search function to find this thread >.
    Gurkha Centurian. Nuff said.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Hayblet:
    Had to use the search function to find this thread >.
    Gurkha Centurian. Nuff said.

Wow that's exactly what I am planning on smoking tonight!!!!!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm planning to have a VSG that I just got. I forget what they are like right off the truck.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    I'm planning to have a VSG that I just got. I forget what they are like right off the truck.
    I smoked one fresh when I was in Afghanistan, after 6 days of travel, and it was great! These are good fresh, but with a bit of rest they really come to life. The B&M had a box that was about 6-8 months old a while ago and I smoked one there and it was fantastic.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    rwheelwright:
    I smoked one fresh when I was in Afghanistan, after 6 days of travel, and it was great! These are good fresh, but with a bit of rest they really come to life. The B&M had a box that was about 6-8 months old a while ago and I smoked one there and it was fantastic.
    you can't go wrong with a VSG. they are just so damn good.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    can someone delete this post please?
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Wow...just seeing the interest in the VSG makes me kinda want to go in that direction tonite. I have been holding off on going to this stick as I have a number of them and they are getting to be quite old. I have some from way back in January. That may not be long for some brothers, but for me it is getting there. May have to burn one of these tonite.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Hawk55:
    Wow...just seeing the interest in the VSG makes me kinda want to go in that direction tonite. I have been holding off on going to this stick as I have a number of them and they are getting to be quite old. I have some from way back in January. That may not be long for some brothers, but for me it is getting there. May have to burn one of these tonite.
    I've got a few resting as well. I think some will finally have a year on them this coming March. I will be sure to check tonight and figure out if that is the case. I really wanted to wait on these a year before I smoked them. They were ok ROTT but I felt that they would be fantastic with some age on them.
  • Options
    well, after day one of what looks to be the worst idea I have ever had (read - starting to workout again) I think I deserve a smoke! Any suggestions? I have plenty to choose from and it doesn't need to be anything special. I'm in the mood for something, I just don't know what. What say ye?
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I think you need a triple ligero to replace all that nicotine you just sweated out.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    mow armada :P
  • Options
    beatnic:
    I think you need a triple ligero to replace all that nicotine you just sweated out.
    I do have some Gurkha Triple Ligero that have been resting for a good long while! That sounds like a pretty good idea actually. I might take something else out with me, just in case the curse of Gurkha strikes again and I get a plugged draw...
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Reviving this thread. Trying to decide what to smoke in the morning after work. I'm leaning towards a maduro, although I'm not stuck on it. Here's the one's I was debating on:
    Partagas Black (with about a year on it)
    5 Vegas Cask Strength II
    Graycliff 1666
    Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo
    Oliveros King Havano Maduro Fuerte

Any input on what to go with is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    At first I was like OMG he's smoking these in the a.m. Then I realized you said after work.. I'm going to say the Partagas Black,, Purely for selfish reasons. I heavent ever smoked one, I had two and I gifted one..Im wanting to know what you think. I heard when theyre on theyre fantastic..I also heard some have had draw issues..Anyway thats my vote. I smoked a JDN 1970 consul the other night it was pretty good..From what I hear those are all great sticks.. Im also interested in the Oliveros I got a couple of those resting too.. The only ones Ive had are the 5 vegas and the 1666. So not those..lol
  • Options
    Well I have smoked some pretty stout ones in the am...lol Thanks man if I go with it I'll def let you know. Although the Partagas Black is leading the race. I heard they really come into their own after 6-12 months so I tucked it away and haven't touched it since I got it about a year ago.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Reviving this thread. Trying to decide what to smoke in the morning after work. I'm leaning towards a maduro, although I'm not stuck on it. Here's the one's I was debating on:
    5 Vegas Cask Strength II
    Graycliff 1666

Also considering Liga Privada No 9 and My Uzi Weighs a Ton
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    ENFIDL:
    ENFIDL:
    5 Vegas Cask Strength II
    Graycliff 1666

Also considering Liga Privada No 9 and My Uzi Weighs a Ton
    No. 9 all the way!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    ENFIDL:
    5 Vegas Cask Strength II
    Graycliff 1666

Def the JdN Antano DC! What a great cigar. I too work nights, and the JdN is one of my favorite night caps. -personal recommendation... enjoy a glass of sweet tea with it. compliments great.
  • Options
    I went Partagas Black and honestly it was terrible. Made it half way before I finally quit. Draw was horrendous. The humidity was fine on it but the amount of tobacco was insane. Waayyy too much for the stick so overall not a great experience. I did go fishing while I had it though and caught 8, it's a catch and release only spot, so I atleast had that lol.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Keep in mind it could get windy when helping make my choice. LP9 beli, Kristoff maduro toro or cubao toro are frontrunners so far tonight. Random suggestions welcome.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LP9
    only because i dont like the way they age
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    kuzi16:
    LP9
    only because i dont like the way they age

Already an inch in and wow is it good. My 1st LP9. I know its pretty fresh. 1st out of a box at a bnm that didnt have any 2 months ago. If it gets any more windy though Im in trouble.
  • Options
    Ok so need some help in trying to decide what to smoke after work in the morning. I'm gonna stop on my way home and get a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte so I'm trying to figure out what to pair it with. Suggestions anyone?
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright guys, I will put this into your hands. I own a few cigars that I have never tried and will light one up tonight based on what you guys say. Here they are:

Liga Privada
    T52
    Dirty Rat

Casa Fuente Lancero

Tatuaje Red Tubo

Torano Exodus 50 Years

Quesada Tribute

AF King B

Also, let me think I should pair it with, here's the choices:

Havana Club 7 Years
    Plantation 20 Year Old
    Ron Zacapa 23
    Jamison Gold Reserve
    Jamison Distillery Reserve (only available in Ireland)

Looking forward to seeing what you guys think
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Alright guys, I will put this into your hands. I own a few cigars that I have never tried and will light one up tonight based on what you guys say. Here they are:

Liga Privada
    T52
    Dirty Rat

Casa Fuente Lancero

Tatuaje Red Tubo

Torano Exodus 50 Years

Quesada Tribute

AF King B

Havana Club 7 Years
    Plantation 20 Year Old
    Ron Zacapa 23
    Jamison Gold Reserve

I would go with the Tatuaje Red Tubo and the Ron Zacapa 23
    That just sounds really good right now... I hate you Todd. I do...
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    casa fuente lancero or the tatuaje red tubo
    and i have no idea how it would pair but to drink i would go with hc7 or either of the jamisons
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    tat with the jam
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    bandyt09:

Liga Privada
    T52
    Dirty Rat

Casa Fuente Lancero

Tatuaje Red Tubo

Torano Exodus 50 Years

Quesada Tribute

AF King B

Havana Club 7 Years
    Plantation 20 Year Old
    Ron Zacapa 23
    Jamison Gold Reserve

I would go with the Tatuaje Red Tubo and the Ron Zacapa 23
    That just sounds really good right now... I hate you Todd. I do...
    It does sound good right now but I will have to wait until later this afternoon or evening.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    bandyt09:

Liga Privada
    T52
    Dirty Rat

Casa Fuente Lancero

Tatuaje Red Tubo

Torano Exodus 50 Years

Quesada Tribute

AF King B

Havana Club 7 Years
    Plantation 20 Year Old
    Ron Zacapa 23
    Jamison Gold Reserve

Avo LE10 with some Zacappa 23... Wink [;)]