Home General Discussion

...and then the pot called the kettle black.

R_M_GR_M_G Posts: 41 ✭✭
So I went golfing last week over the Holiday break and I took a FANTASTIC Tabak Especial cafe con leche along (I love those things!). Hole 5, about 150 from the green, right on the edge of the rough... I'v got a dramatic slope toward water on the far side of the green and a small bunker to the left, just short of it... slight tail wind... I'm taking a couple practice swings and this rich dude from the adjacent fairway walks right up to me, points at me and says, "Put out that cigar. Show some respect for other peoples rights.", did an about-face in his (waaaay too tight) purple-plaid trousers and marched back to his cart without even giving me the chance to respond. The cigar nearly fell out of my mouth as I stood there, staring... until his little blue Mercedes cart bopped away. I was so flustered I nailed a double bogie on that... and the next two holes... ...Do people even think when they say things like that? P.S. - I smoked that stogie all the way down til it burned my fingers! HAHAHA
"...and in the evenings the men would be men. We would sit round the fire and share a drink, a smoke and old war stories that oft dealt more with women than war it's self. There were no fathers or sons, bosses nor hands, we were just men sitting round a fire."

Comments

• TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    I think you should of said if you wouldn't mind pulling your pants down and turning around ill be happy to shove it up your @$$!

Jerks shouldn't be allowed to play golf and everyone needs to mind their own business. I have to give you kudos for not doing anything. Todd and I both love golf and we have had our moments with jerks so far none about cigars but we normally don't take it to well. Usually it ends in us either hitting into them from then on or over them if they are rookies lol. The best thing is when they talk smack far enough away from you that they can't really see you and then they decide to grow a pair and drive up to us until they notice 2 250lb guys one with two full sleves of tats and they usually just turn around and pretend they were looking for a club or something :)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    F Him!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    rwheelwright:
    F Him!
    Totally agree with this, he's an a-hole, don't even let it bother you.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    As much as I personally woulda liked to put the stick out on his forhead , you did the right thing .
  • spokspok Posts: 35
    I hate self righteous pompous asshats. I have a small problem in that when somebody pisses me off, my common sense gets disconnected from my subconscious and then I hear words (usually bad words) coming out of my mouth that I would not normally say in polite conversation. Sorry it affected your game.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Too bad you didn't tell him they need him over at NASA, because they've been looking for the center of the universe.
  • spokspok Posts: 35
    JDH:
    Too bad you didn't tell him they need him over at NASA, because they've been looking for the center of the universe.
    I like that...thats funny right there!
    ...or you could have asked him how he got so impotent...
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    F Him!
    x2
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did you lose YOUR rights?
  • Poker Slob:
    THIS!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    As much as I personally woulda liked to put the stick out on his forhead , you did the right thing .
    lmao
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    What an F'n douche. This is when I tell someone, "I don't believe in abortion, but you would have been a great candidate."
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    in the past when someone tells me to put my cigar out and i am standing outside i usually just respond in a calm relaxed voice: "no"
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    "Your wife never tells me to put it out."
  • I didn't know you can play golf without a cigar !
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    in the past when someone tells me to put my cigar out and i am standing outside i usually just respond in a calm relaxed voice: "no"
    Perfect reply.
  • R_M_GR_M_G Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    Apparently as soon as this dude wriggled into those pants... I should have said something about his balls having a right to breathe, but my wit was still in shock. ...I actually wish I would have pulled a Happy Gilmore and pulled his shirt over his head and knocked him out... I hate having regrets...
    "...and in the evenings the men would be men. We would sit round the fire and share a drink, a smoke and old war stories that oft dealt more with women than war it's self. There were no fathers or sons, bosses nor hands, we were just men sitting round a fire."
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    That guy was a vag. The only time I will ask someone if they mind if I smoke on the golf course is if they're riding in the cart with me. And I can't fathom anyone complaining otherwise.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    I've never, ever had anyone say anything to me about smoking on the course. Can't believe that guy had enough balls to come over and say something like that. Would've took about 1/2 a second for the shock to wear off and I'd been chasing him down. Aint no way he's running away without hearing what I gotta say.

On the course, come on man.
    It is too bad that the anti-tobacco crowd, like the Temperance crowd before them (who brought us the utter failure of Prohibition), has either completely forgotten, or completely dismisses this simple statement from the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

As long as I am not harming anyone else, I should have the right (according to our Deleclaration of Independence) to determine for myself what happiness is, and how best to persue it.

"...Aint nobody's business but my own..."
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    That's terrible! Why should anyone have the nerve to say that and you're smoking in the great outdoors? I can see if you're inside, but outdoors? If it bothered him, all he would have to do is take a few steps away from you.