Home General Discussion
Options

Beverages with your smokes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Coffee and McDonald's chocolate shakes. Try it. Trust me!
    Do you mix them together or just each separately ? Actually sounds kind of good mixed.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    jadelt:
    rwheelwright:
    Coffee and McDonald's chocolate shakes. Try it. Trust me!
    Do you mix them together or just each separately ? Actually sounds kind of good mixed.
    Separately! I should have made that distinction.
  • Options
    brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    Heavy:
    Ginger beer is definitely different than ginger ale - you can taste the ginger in the ginger beer, so it might not be for everyone. I discovered it in Bermuda (they make a rum cocktail with it, but I like it on it's own as well). I can only find it at specialty places (Total Wine in my area). Beware, I've had a Jamaican style ginger beer before which is very different and I thought was disgusting!
    Thanks for the info... I will definitley try to locate some in my area.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    My pleasure bro! My wife doesn't drink either, but I have majorly turned her on to the ginger beer. Whenever I have a regular beer or a cocktail she always grabs a ginger beer.
  • Options
    brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    I just paired a rootbeer with a vegas 5 Gold Maduro... went great with the maduro the sugar in the drink blocked some of the nicotine but all in all it went well together...
  • Options
    jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    For well over 10 years if anyone that knows me sees Me, they know I drink mello yellow. Goes decent with cigars, but I've found that the best with a cigar is Dr pepper. I know alot of people don't like sweet, but I like a little sweetness with the cigar, but not infused sweet.....my favorite oliva 0 cigars are AMAZING to take pair together...if I'm "tasting" then I drink nothing. If I am just enjoying, then Dr pepper.........Pepsi sucks for cigars. Personal preference, try and see what u like.....u would suggest Dr pepper to try, it just works.
  • Options
    I either have a Mountain Dew or a Root Beer with mine. It works for me.
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    I didn't think I would, but I prefer coffee or soda vice beer or hard liquor. I am definitely going to try root beer, haven't tried that but it sounds pretty good.
  • Options
    ah! what to drink with what to smoke..... coffee is good I try to stay away from pop with a cigar.... red or moscato wine amaretto & frangelca w/ice, pretty good stuff occasionally a mixed drink
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    9/10 it's water. If not water it'll be tea, or something with Sam Adams or Guinness on the label
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    brettdub33:
    I know there may be a few out there but I am a recovering alcaholic and still love my cigars but other than a nice stout cup of cofee, does anyone have any suggestions on good non alcaholic beverages to accompany my fine cigars? And please don't say O'douls :-) (this is also a good discusion for you younger smokers out there)
    a good cup of coffee, I prefer 100% Kona Peabody, or just filtered water that is cool, but not ice cold. I find ice cold beverages shock the palate too much and takes away from the cigar's flavor profile.
  • Options
    blindyblindy Posts: 23
    I love my sticks with a cup of strong coffee with some brown sugar and half/half. My buddy did turn me on to high end rum and a stick but I'll drink his high end rum because I'm not buying anything at $120 a bottle!

-big lindy
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    The Mocha Starbucks coffee (or Kirkland equivalent) in a bottle (Costco)....not cold......mixed 50% with 2% milk.......becomming one of my favorites.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    9/10 it's water. If not water it'll be tea, or something with Sam Adams or Guinness on the label
    Guinness when I'm home, but if I'm smoking at work it's plain water or club soda. You're my kinda BoTL, E!
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy a good bourbon pairing. My local LQ got a case (11 bottles) each of Pappy VanWinkle 15 and 23. They had a lottery drawing where you had to put your name in a hat to be drawn just for the privilege to buy one. 300+ guys put their names in and somehow my name drew out for both. I have had both before but never my own bottle. I cracked them and had a taste of each for new years. Man were they smoooooootttthhhhh. I actually preferred the 15 over the 23. I smoked an Oliva V and San Lotano Habano. Both paired excellently but no surprise I find both these cigars to have a lot in common.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    ENFIDL:
    Guinness when I'm home, but if I'm smoking at work it's plain water or club soda. You're my kinda BoTL, E!
    I enjoy Guinness as well with a full bodied cigar. Something about how the brew seems to not overpower the cigar and almost bring out some different flavors.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Smoking San Lotano Habano right now with a Casillero del Diablo Cabernet and some habanero white cheddar cheese. The cheese is a little over powering in the mix but the wine and cigar are a nice pair.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Just finished a PDR Oscuro. Tonight I am going to light up a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet with a pour of either Eagle Rare 17 or Thomas H. Handy. Will be a nice way to end the evening.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I like the idea of discussing drink pairing with cigars, but just a reminder of the original question in the first post of this thread.....
    I think it went 'off topic' just a little?
    brettdub33:
    I know there may be a few out there but I am a recovering alcaholic and still love my cigars but other than a nice stout cup of cofee, does anyone have any suggestions on good non alcaholic beverages to accompany my fine cigars? And please don't say O'douls :-) (this is also a good discusion for you younger smokers out there)
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    i have tried sangria and with some cigars its pretty good and yea theres some that are like wtf
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I really gotta try the rootbeer/cigar combo.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Other than coffee I like Polar Seltzer. Mostly water, bubbles and fairly mild flavors of raspberry lime, lemon, black cherry or whatever flavor you buy. I don't find the flavors overpowering at all and I feel the carbonation helps keep my palate fresh.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Coffee drinks work well for me , as well as Dr.Pepper, and Pibb Xtra. And I bet I would like a nice Cherry Coke as well. That and water too.