Home General Discussion
Options

The best drink with a Gurkha Beauty?

I think I will smoke the Gurkha Beauty I have today. It will take awhile, because it is huge! This cigar was a gift to me from my adoptive brother RCY Cigars (thanks Rick). I want to drink something with it, so what nonalcoholic drink would be good with it? Water, Coke, Pepsi, sweet tea, or just what? I want something that will compliment the cigar because I have found that this is an extra special, high quality cigar and I don't want anything to be off. Will sit on my back steps and enjoy the back yard!!

PS: I'm off work this week and chatty......please excuse. :)

Comments

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I'm moving towards water lately. If I smoke something that tastes too similar I worry it overshadows the taste from the cigar. There's probably a way to drink something with complementary flavors that wouldn't overshadow but enhance, but that's just way over my head.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to Connecticut cigars, I like coffee. (people may think Im nuts, but I also like Diet Dr. Pepper with milder cigars.)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    If you wanna really focus on the cigar, drink cold water.

if you wanna compliment the cigar, drink a light, sweetened, coffee (I prefer cold coffee with cigars... I don't like the drink to be warm when smoking, because it seems to linger more when it's warm. When it's cold, it just washes over the palate and goes away)
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I have become a big fan of club soda with cigars. I am not much of a coffee drinker. Never have a cigar in the morning. All of my cigars are afternoon or evening.

The club soda gives a little cleaning of the mouth with some settling of the stomach on stronger cigars.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Marker:
    I have become a big fan of club soda with cigars. I am not much of a coffee drinker. Never have a cigar in the morning. All of my cigars are afternoon or evening.

The club soda gives a little cleaning of the mouth with some settling of the stomach on stronger cigars.
    I'm thinking after lunch.......
  • Options
    MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    When it comes to Connecticut cigars, I like coffee. (people may think Im nuts, but I also like Diet Dr. Pepper with milder cigars.)
    I am with you on the Dr Pepper.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Nothing against the good people at Pepsi, but I don't think it pairs as well with a cigar as Coke does. I don't often have water with a cigar unless I am drinking it because I am hot and thirsty. Sweet tea works well but sometimes is too sweet, overwhelming the cigar. I do like coffee hot or cold with many cigars and I can determine how sweet I want it. And strangely, a little chocolate syrup in milk works for me too.
  • Options
    mwebermweber Posts: 157
    I agree with water. And its good for you, And it helps hydrate yourself, AND most importantly, by drinking lots of fluids, it helps with "cigar mouth". The more fluids you drink, (beer, water, etc.) the less $hit taste youll have later on because the fluids help bleed everything out.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Water all the way with me. I don't like to add any flavors, especially sweet, when I'm enjoying A cigar. I prefer to savor only the taste of the cigar at hand.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    If I could make a suggestion, it would be to try it with water first and then part way through switch to a Coke or whatever soda you like. By doing this you may find out what you prefer, which of course is what matters.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Marker:

I agree. Had a club soda this evening with a RP Decade. Keeps the throat moist and the palate clean.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Dr Pepper with cigars is at the top of my list.
    Second is an iced quad espresso with a caramel and vanilla shot.
    When I'm not in an alcohol-free country, I prefer Speyside single-malts or a lighter-bodied lager such as Stella Artois.

Dubai, Dec 16 2011

Dubai, Dec 17 2011

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 others agreeing on Dr. Pepper. I knew I wasn't crazy.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR