Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

People here are VERY generous - ANOTHER HIT ADDED!

we say it all the time, basically because it's true... we are quick to help each other out with just about anything... I'm trying to get my review website off the ground and you guys are constantly checking in and posting comments... Hayblet needed to get out of a situation and people jumped to help out... someone loses a job or is looking for a new one and the forum here comes together and posts links and helpful advice...

I've only met a couple of you guys in person, but I consider you guys my friends... it doesn't matter if our friendship is completely digital or not, we're there for each other no matter what... now I know this is a little sappy, but these are the things that come to mind when I receive packages like the following:

Doc was checking out the "Top 3 you want to try" list and saw that he could fulfill some of my wants there... that thread btw is awesome... so many people go there and try to help someone get some sticks that he can;t seem to get his hands on... Doc doesn't even have a list of his own posted... that's how EFFing awesome he is... he was just checking the thread to see who he could help out...

Now, I've been trying to get ahold of the Room 101 Connie for months now, Doc hooked it up... I've only had the Padron Anniversary (1964) and was looking to try more, so Doc hooked me up with a Family Reserve 45... and to round out the package he took a look at my bio and included a few more I've been wanting to try - San Lotano Habana (looks like a 6x60!) and a Casa Fernandez Miami... he did all this and never asked for anything in return...

2012-01-19_11-55-12_768

lonewolf2011 saw that I was looking to trade for a few Alec Bradely Fine & Rares... so we exchanged some PM's and decided on a semi blind trade... I knew the F&R's were coming and we agreed on a 5-7 stick deal... that was it... the F&R's weren't the only RARE stick he decided to send my way... Viaje C4, I've never even seen one in real life... Viaje TNT, I had to google to figure this out... I recognized the stick but had wasn't sure what it was exactly, so yeah, rare... Cohiba EV has been on my "smoke someday" list for about a year... The Le bijou is so good, I wish I was rich so it could be my everyday smoke... and, I just had my last 1844 a few weeks back... Matt, you're awesome and your package went out yesterday... luckily I included a few special things cuz you crushed me

2012-01-19_11-56-41_509

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Well that pretty much says it all about this place in digital world we call CCOM forum. It is a special place in deed. Very nice Doc and Lonewolf2011....

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    not just one, but two Fine and Rares. that's a really great gift
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Well that pretty much says it all about this place in digital world we call CCOM forum. It is a special place in deed. Very nice Doc and Lonewolf2011....

agreed
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    +1 yup total BORKitude (dunno who to pay royalties to for that)
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow, Rob those are some great sticks! Def a bunch of great BORKS on here. I love that Family Reserve 45s, I smoke 2 a year. The SL Habano is currently my favorite stick, hope you enjoy them!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Like I've said before, this place IS the most giving, helpful group of folks I've ever had the pleasure to know. Hoping I'll meet some personally one day.
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    well said Robby...and those are some wonderful smokes you've received there! Great job to both of you. This place never ceases to amaze with its generosity....nice to see in this day and age of "me me me me" attitudes.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    AJGARLETT:
    well said Robby...and those are some wonderful smokes you've received there! Great job to both of you. This place never ceases to amaze with its generosity....nice to see in this day and age of "me me me me" attitudes.
    +1 Exceptional work guys, WTG
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Once again, nice work guy's. We should give running the world a shot. Couldn't do any worse than those doing it now. Great sticks to a very deserving BOTL.
  • Options
    joshvoigtjoshvoigt Posts: 325
    Nice guys keep up the bombs. I'm still sifting through the ashes.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Nice work fellas! Rob YOU are one of the stand up guys on here and reading your reviews and helping out to keep your site active is a privilege to us. I don't think I'm speaking for myself when I say that we appreciate the hard work you put into maintaining a review site for us to enjoy.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    This is definitely a special place with some amazing people. Glad to be a part of it.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Oh! Thats some good smokes!!! I can't wait to see them in the reviews!!
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    OchoZacho:
    Nice work fellas! Rob YOU are one of the stand up guys on here and reading your reviews and helping out to keep your site active is a privilege to us. I don't think I'm speaking for myself when I say that we appreciate the hard work you put into maintaining a review site for us to enjoy.

+1!
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Thank you I will take the props for starting the "Top Three You Want to Try" thread. :-) One of my better posts.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    dowjr1:
    Thank you I will take the props for starting the "Top Three You Want to Try" thread. :-) One of my better posts.
    ha... a stoke of genius...
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    that is a really nice complaint and it means a lot coming from you guys... feelin the love here today
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    robbyras:
    OchoZacho:
    that is a really nice complaint and it means a lot coming from you guys... feelin the love here today
    I personally hate your site... that's why I never visit it... LMAO.

on a serious note, you've taken out my top 3... TWICE... and I love your site, brother. Keep up the great BORKism.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    You more than deserve it! That being said, I hope that mailbox still has a leg to stand on...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    robbyras:
    OchoZacho:
    I personally hate your site... that's why I never visit it... LMAO.

on a serious note, you've taken out my top 3... TWICE... and I love your site, brother. Keep up the great BORKism.
    HA! no wonder you leave all those hater comments... I appreciate your support Todd!
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    You more than deserve it! That being said, I hope that mailbox still has a leg to stand on...
    well, thanks to YOU, it's in utter shambles...

I had no idea this was a warning from Mr. Light, but it was... I just sent him a long thank you PM so I'll keep this short... Ken is awesome!

It's started like this:

2012-01-20_12-10-50_913

then there were these:

2012-01-20_12-11-09_917

Then I found this:

2012-01-20_12-11-28_437

which contained these:

2012-01-20_12-15-36_397
    2012-01-20_12-15-19_367
    2012-01-20_12-15-27_297

Ken included a note saying "Thank you for running the football league and everything else you do for the forum!" He included the books because about 8 months ago we exchanged a few messages about the Legend of Drizzt books. I was interested in reading them and he knew I'd put it off, so he sent the books s I have no excuses! The funny part is I just finished my most recent book (Separation of Power by Vince Flynn) last night and was looking for something new to read...

again I am touched and humbled by the thoughtfulness and generosity of the folks here... thanks Ken!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    100% pure awesome.
  • Options
    That is the hit of the week for me. Love R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    That is the hit of the week for me. Love R.A. Salvatore
    I've only read his Star Wars stuff and know NOTHING of the Forgotten Realms, so I'm PUMPED!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I have 4 or 6 forgotten realms books. Liked them all.
  • Options
    My work ready for this week
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Robby, glad you didn't get the hint, it makes it all that much more fun!

And Direworlf, brace yourself, Transitions is rough...worth it though. And take the 5-book diversion if you have the time, and read the Cleric Quintet before The Ghost King. Great reads and the deeper knowledge of Cadderly and company really add to the last book considerably.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thats Pretty cool stuff!!!, WTG Ken!!!!!