Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The wifes off doing realtor/broker thing so I'm home alone hahah. Just finished a Don Carlos #2 torpedo enjoyed with one of my favorite rum concuctions and some good reading. Here the weathers not cold but not warm,a light jacket is adequate, sat on the deck, very peaceful,watching the squirrels and birds play with each other and just relaxing. The thing that comes to mind is these cigars should be smoked not horded as they are damn tasty, probably ranks in my top 3-5 I have thus far enjoyed haha. (It also comes to mind i'm starting to sound like Vince O.):). Yesterday was my sons 21st birthday so he and his wife will be over in about an hour and we'll go out and enjoy a great meal. He's not into cigars but maybe someday, I've given him a few but he's still not hooked yet, I would enjoy smoking them with him but as I said maybe someday.Anyways later tonight I'll probably knock out another one when everything calms down, just havn't decided on what yet. Anyone who has not tried a Don Carlos do yourself a huge favor....get one (or several) as soon as you can, These are a great great great smoke.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    gmill880:
    The wifes off doing realtor/broker thing so I'm home alone hahah. Just finished a Don Carlos #2 torpedo enjoyed with one of my favorite rum concuctions and some good reading. Here the weathers not cold but not warm,a light jacket is adequate, sat on the deck, very peaceful,watching the squirrels and birds play with each other and just relaxing. The thing that comes to mind is these cigars should be smoked not horded as they are damn tasty, probably ranks in my top 3-5 I have thus far enjoyed haha. (It also comes to mind i'm starting to sound like Vince O.):). Yesterday was my sons 21st birthday so he and his wife will be over in about an hour and we'll go out and enjoy a great meal. He's not into cigars but maybe someday, I've given him a few but he's still not hooked yet, I would enjoy smoking them with him but as I said maybe someday.Anyways later tonight I'll probably knock out another one when everything calms down, just havn't decided on what yet. Anyone who has not tried a Don Carlos do yourself a huge favor....get one (or several) as soon as you can, These are a great great great smoke.

You lucky ***.My wife is sick as a dog in bed right now.I went out got her flowers and a teddy bear.Did everything I could to make her comfy.Then I told her I was going outside to enjoy a CAO Brazilia the  longest one.Well she pitched a fit saying she will throw up if she smells it.How the hell is she going to smell it from outside.Geez women.Not only am I bored alone while she sleeps I cant even go smoke without avoiding a sh#t storm.Very frusturated at the moment.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    gmill880:

You lucky ***.My wife is sick as a dog in bed right now.I went out got her flowers and a teddy bear.Did everything I could to make her comfy.Then I told her I was going outside to enjoy a CAO Brazilia the  longest one.Well she pitched a fit saying she will throw up if she smells it.How the hell is she going to smell it from outside.Geez women.Not only am I bored alone while she sleeps I cant even go smoke without avoiding a sh#t storm.Very frusturated at the moment.
    Ahhhh.. Young Love, Give it another ten years and things will smooth out. Twenty and she really won't give a 5h!t The presents are nice too, but we can all learn a lesson from Duty, less is better when it comes to gift giving. Think of the nice cigars that could have been gotten with that forty bucks.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    AF hemingway signature...my first...me likey, me likey very much.
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    After breakfast I had a Torano Exodus Silver robusto. A few hours later, my friend and I found ourselves at the cigar lounge in the mall and they had just gotten in a box of Casa Magna Colorado robustos. I couldn't resist and sat in the lounge smoking it for a good hour. If you haven't tried this cigar - try it! There are some definite hints of raisin. Came home, had dinner and watched the shuttle go up. As I was watching it I decided to light up an Ashton aged maduro. It was a good day.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Smoked a 5 Vegas Shorty while I was grilling burgers and brats. Then after dinner had a Gurkha Nepalese Warrior. Good stuff.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    AF hemingway signature...my first...me likey, me likey very much.
    Would you say you likey muy muy? :)

Had a few today. Started out with a Fuente robusto, light and tasty, a great way to start. Literally on the heels of the Fuente, I had a Perdomo ESV '91 second, always an excellent cigar, and this one, being the last of my bundle, was the best of them all. I just finished up a little bit ago with an Ashton Benchmade made by Don Pepin, the idea is to make an affordable yet high quality mixed filler cigar, I think they've succeeded as the cigar was pretty good. A good day so far, and I might squeeze another in before all is said and done.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    gaberox:
    gmill880:

Thats a bummer gabe
  • Options
    Joe .. you know how to spent a lazy Sunday.. I've been eyeing the Perdomo Seconds that you sent , I may have to give one a burn this week.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Joe .. you know how to spent a lazy Sunday.. I've been eyeing the Perdomo Seconds that you sent , I may have to give one a burn this week.
    I had to make up for yesterday since I got stuck working, but yeah I pride myself on how good I am at doing nothing. :) Definitely try one of those Perdomos, they're in prime smoking condition and I think you will like them...have I steered you wrong yet?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    I had to make up for yesterday since I got stuck working, but yeah I pride myself on how good I am at doing nothing. :) Definitely try one of those Perdomos, they're in prime smoking condition and I think you will like them...have I steered you wrong yet?
    ...no, and I don't expect you ever will.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    today was a Diamond Crown day for me. This afternoon I had an Diamond Crown Robusto no. 5 that had several months on it. While a nice mild cigar, I would consider this to be a favorite connecticut wrapped cigar. Very flavorful.

Tonight after dinner, I had a Maximus No 4 Toro. This cigar is always a treat to smoke. Full flavor the whole way and the last 1/3 was just magnificent.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    today was a Diamond Crown day for me. This afternoon I had an Diamond Crown Robusto no. 5 that had several months on it. While a nice mild cigar, I would consider this to be a favorite connecticut wrapped cigar. Very flavorful.

Tonight after dinner, I had a Maximus No 4 Toro. This cigar is always a treat to smoke. Full flavor the whole way and the last 1/3 was just magnificent.
    That's good to hear, I picked up a Diamond Crown a few days ago out of curiosity more than anything, it is sitting in my humidor now.

Went out to the range with a buddy earlier today, shot his AK-47, 30/30, AR-15, .308, and 22 LR. Then we went and had a couple of smokes, he gave me my first Camacho, a Corojo. At first I wasn't sure, but man, that stick really livened up and when it finally went I was sad that there wasn't enough left to re-light. Great stick man. After dinner, we had another, this time I had a La Aurora Barrell Aged, awesome smoke again, I am really liking these. Might even buy a box of em sometime in the future.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive been on quite a dry spell as far as the smoking goes. my shifts at work have been crappy. never enough time. tomorrow i hope to change all of that. I have been eying that AVO in my humi.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I didn't smoke anything yesterday and probably will not today. I did place an order for a 5 pack of the 5 Vegas Limitada 2007, 5 pack of Gran Habana 3 Siglos and a box of the Upmann Demitasse. Also for a free ash tray. I haven't seen a box of the Demitasse so cheap so I figured I would order before prices went up. They are nice for a quick smoke. Now, I won't have to start a cigar on the way to work and then let it go out until I can light back up at lunch hours later. Was gonna pick up a 5 pack of 5 Vegas Relic but they were out of stock.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to try teh relic bt thats a pretty hard to find sob. I had my last La Aurora Barrel Aged last night. Really good cigar, aging the tobaco in oak really adds something to it.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Jetmech_63:
    I'd love to try teh relic bt thats a pretty hard to find sob. I had my last La Aurora Barrel Aged last night. Really good cigar, aging the tobaco in oak really adds something to it.
    I'll have to pick up a few of those soon.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    kaspera79:
    gaberox:
    gmill880:

Ahhhh.. Young Love, Give it another ten years and things will smooth out. Twenty and she really won't give a 5h!t The presents are nice too, but we can all learn a lesson from Duty, less is better when it comes to gift giving. Think of the nice cigars that could have been gotten with that forty bucks.

The lady finally came around last night.Once she was feeling better she was more than happy to let me light up and enjoy my brazilia.What a great smoke as well.Such a great burn,flavor and tight ash.I swear it got to about 4in before the ash broke.Wish I wouldve got a pick.Enjoying an Mx2 right now while the lady is at work.Delicious, not to much pepper just right.Great smoke.Im a happy man right now.
  • Options
    Today was a Cusano C10.. This cigar was great. The Ecuador wrapper and Sumatra binder are what I really enjoy in a cigar. It had spice and tons of flavor that ranged from toasty to woody. It was medium to full bodied and very pleasing. This one must have had some age on it because it was so much better than one I had last summer. I got this one in a PIF here from one of you fine gents, and was a real treat. ( Could this have been you Maddy?) I read they were a limited edition release so they may be harder to find.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Today I'm enjoying a Punch Segundo. Great full bodied flavor, almost as good as the Puro. These are a steal from CCOM at under thirty bucks for a bundle of 25! This would make a great daily smoke, or a nice hand-out stick.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    sitting outside enjoying a tatuaje havana VI angeles. powerful little fella.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had a gurkha ganghas kahn during lunch. A nice smoke but too big. Should be a bit smaller. I don't think I'll go out and search for them but I did like it.
  • Options
    bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    I'm smoking my very 1st 5vegas classic double carona. This thing is so good I'm thinking about ordering a box. Do the other sizes have this much flavor?
  • Options
    bwcarter54:
    I'm smoking my very 1st 5vegas classic double carona. This thing is so good I'm thinking about ordering a box. Do the other sizes have this much flavor?
    I think the Fifty-Five is better even than the DC. It is a box pressed 5.5x55, and I think it has more flavor than any of the other sizes.
  • Options
    Thanks joz-I'll try some of them. I know you wouldn't steer a fellow wire twister wrong. How's work out there?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Just canned a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet robusto, first bad stick. Construction felt way undefilled and it drew like....well....there wasnt any resistance at all to the draw. Tried smoking slow but it still got hot and rank. Oh well, others ive had were pretty kick ass.
  • Options
    bwcarter54:
    Thanks joz-I'll try some of them. I know you wouldn't steer a fellow wire twister wrong. How's work out there?
    Work is good...I've been fortunate enough to stay working and keep busier than I'd have hoped. I'm working on a 100+ room motel currently, interesting to say the least. How are things on your end work wise?
  • Options
    bwcarter54:
    5 Vegas have a way of doing that to people. They are all fine.. I like the Robusto best because of the time I usually like to spend on a cigar.. I have had all sizes and they are always stand up great. I have never heard someone say they did not enjoy the 5 Vegas Classic.. If they did I would suggest they get their tastebuds examined.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    bwcarter54:
    Work is good...I've been fortunate enough to stay working and keep busier than I'd have hoped. I'm working on a 100+ room motel currently, interesting to say the least. How are things on your end work wise?
    Is that a high rise? I hate those things. Last thing that gets done is the elevator. I just finished a bunch of banana ripining rooms for walmart. Fixing to start on a couple of cooling towers for walmart. We have a dental complex, a new sewer plant and a bunch of lift stations to start in a short while. Work is slow here but we seem to stay busy.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Well tonight I had my first DPG Blue Invicto. I was blown away by this cigar, I've had  most of his different cigars but this one imo is the best of them. I wish I was good at reviews, I highly recommend this Cigar.