Home Ratings & Reviews

MOW Side Projects

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Anybody smoke any of these yet? Can't wait to hear what everybody thinks. I am antsy to fire one up. I Featured one of the new MOW Side Projects, the Phalanx, on the blog today.

http://thedailycigar.blogspot.com/2012/03/mar-6th-2012-man-o-war-phalanx.html

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I had the 52-c.
    Was telling Iceman its like a MoW lite.
    All the flavor with a touch more sweetness and almost half the strength.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    So is this a good or a bad thing? It sounds quite delicious by your description Steve-O but that's me lol
    Dude I loved it. Actually I wish it was a regular thing cause I loath vitamin N.
    I get nic-sick so quickly it's not even funny.

stephen_hannibal:
    Dude I loved it. Actually I wish it was a regular thing cause I loath vitamin N.

No really?! lol Glad to hear its a winner. What was the box date on yours?
  • bigmatt72bigmatt72 Posts: 89
    ENFIDL:
    Anybody smoke any of these yet? Can't wait to hear what everybody thinks. I am antsy to fire one up. I Featured one of the new MOW Side Projects, the Phalanx, on the blog today.

So I saw the blog but you didn't say what you thought of the smoke. How is it?
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

No really?! lol Glad to hear its a winner. What was the box date on yours?
    Have to look it up when I get home. Can't recall off the top of my head.

bigmatt72:
    ENFIDL:

So I saw the blog but you didn't say what you thought of the smoke. How is it?
    Haven't had it. That's why I started the thread and had to quote ccom on today's blog lol Just got these in last night
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    This hit my wallet, thanks stephen. At least I just received tax returns, so with that logic I just placed my order for a 12ct box of the 52c's. Can't wait, I've loved all other MoW stuff so I had to jump.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a box monday coming but somehow a screw up , they were shipped ups instead of usps so they wont be here till atleast monday
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    So my Side Projects were supposed to take an additional day because of the transfer to UPS, but they were happily waiting at my USPS post office 2 days after my order was placed. Its going to be hard waiting the week to settle and acclimate, but I stick to my tried & true waiting period. These things for real smell so strong almost like sweet damp earthiness. I'm not palate trained enough to name scents but I'm in awe smelling the box.
    Love the chisel shape, this makes me tempted to just grab a box of the Little Devils also, but the wife may have me sleeping on the couch if I do.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    What is the appropriate way to smoke the chisel tip? Squeeze together or what?
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    scarlin:
    Yeah, just pinch it open.
    Russ55:
    scarlin:
    that has never worked for me.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    scarlin:
    Or you can cut or punch it. As long as the foot is lit and the smoke goes in the general direction of your mouth, you're set.

So far I've tried the Phalanx. Being 6.5" x 56, the naming seems unfortunate to me as Phalanx is too damn close in sounds to phallus. Sure, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but sometimes... I thought it was pretty good, wasn't taking notes so that's about as in-depth as I can get.
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    scarlin:
    Or you can cut or punch it. As long as the foot is lit and the smoke goes in the general direction of your mouth, you're set.

So far I've tried the Phalanx. Being 6.5" x 56, the naming seems unfortunate to me as Phalanx is too damn close in sounds to phallus. Sure, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but sometimes... I thought it was pretty good, wasn't taking notes so that's about as in-depth as I can get.
    yeah terrible name for that one.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I get it, but...

Phalanx
    pha·lanx/'falaNGks/
    Noun:
    1. A group of people or things of a similar type forming a compact body or brought together for a common purpose.
    2. A body of troops or police officers, standing or moving in close formation.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Got my MOW PAM's coming and also a sampler of the side project sticks.
    You guy's need to talk about something else. LMAO
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Got my 52C's today =)
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    catfishbluezz:
    Got my 52C's today =)
    they sound great! enjoy - I've been tossing around the idea of the Phalanx
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    catfishbluezz:
    Got my 52C's today =)
    they sound great! enjoy - I've been tossing around the idea of the Phalanx
    AJ plus habano and I'm all over It
    smoking my 1st Phalanx rott and aj has hit another homerun on these, yeaya
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoked one of each of them at our last group meeting. IMHO:

52-c: Very similar to a MOW SE but in a chisel shape. Which of course is totally amazing and badass. Great draw, great flavor, great stick.

Phalanx: The maduro of the group. Some sweetness from the maduro wrapper, great flavor. Unique flavor from any MOW cigar that I have ever had. very yummy.

Little Devil: The name pretty much sums this little guy up. Good flavor, and some good power to it. definately a kicker. Enjoyed the hell out of this one. Amazing cigar!

" trident "Phalanx: The maduro of the group. Some sweetness from the maduro wrapper, great flavor. Unique flavor from any MOW cigar that I have ever had. very yummy.

x10, last night rott, ash fell off after a few draws after this picture image
    Yeah the sweetness was one of the things I noticed too. I rarely get that with maduros.

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    I get it, but...

Phalanx
    pha·lanx/'falaNGks/
    Noun:
    1. A group of people or things of a similar type forming a compact body or brought together for a common purpose.
    The name came from a joke by wwhwang a couple of years ago on the "Kuzi check pm" thread if I'm not mistaken. Just thought I'd add a bit to it....
    Ken Light:
    I get it, but...

Phalanx
    pha·lanx/'falaNGks/
    Noun:
    And? Not seeing the point here.
    are these mows a limited thing or a regular production now?
    j0z3r:
    Ken Light:
    I get it, but...

Phalanx
    pha·lanx/'falaNGks/
    Noun:
    i think #1, all the borks coming together for the common purpose of smoking, loving and talking and comparing cigars etc
    jj20030:
    j0z3r:
    Ken Light:
    I get it, but...

Phalanx
    pha·lanx/'falaNGks/
    Noun:
    i think #1, all the borks coming together for the common purpose of smoking, loving and talking and comparing cigars etc
    Ok then, I can dig that.
    j0z3r:
    jj20030:
    j0z3r:
    Ken Light:
    I get it, but...

Phalanx
    pha·lanx/'falaNGks/
    Noun:
    Ok then, I can dig that.
    lol, video CLICKHERE