Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Pinar del Rio Oscuro. De-lish-eeeooouuusss.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    It's hard to get wrong with a Padron family Reserve 45 years. The cigar is well balanced, leather, cedar, almond, bitter chocolate flavor with pepper through the nose aroma. This cigar got full two years of aging in my humidor. Padron says that they used ten years of aged tobacco. However, I can still feel that the cigar has notible harshness hidden in the mix. It is hard to believe all tobaccos are ten years aged because after 10+2 = 12 years age, there shouldn't be any bitter harshness in the cigar. Anyway I am not an expert but I believe the blend must have some new tobacco. Another reason can also be from the medio tiempo(top small leaf in a plant with lots of sun light). It is a great full flavored cigar. Photobucket
  • Options
    Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    jj20030:
    finishing up my johhny o, with a dogfish head ipa 60 image
    I love this, Been there!!
  • Options
    Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    The Kid:
    Katt68:
    OSOK at the Cigarmagedon with Matt Booth at the Tobacco Shoppe in Midland. image
    I see your nail polish has changed,,lol Enjoy,,
    GIGGLES well now, someone is paying attention to details! :)
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    y2pascoe:
    90+ Irishman:
    Now having a Padilla Signature 1932 Robusto with a Jameson on the rocks... A little late but in remembrance of Rburke's father, rest in peace.
    What do you think of that '32 in comparison to the other Padilla blends? Me, I'm a Dominus/Miami guy. The '32 is mighty tasty, but I like the punch of the Dominus and Miami.
    The 32 is my preference out of the Padilla line, best balance with the right profile for my palate. It's complex enough to really keep my interest but it has enough body and fullness that it hits my preference for full body sticks nicely. The pricepoint is spit on as well and that goes a long way with me too. Lots of leather and creamy coffee is great with the spice and cocoa. Solid stick by all means. I also really enjoy the Habano a lot too, but I need to revisit the Miami. Dennis hooked me up with one that has some age on it so really excited about that!

Mike, have you tried the 1932 in the Lancero vitola? If not that's a must... Trust me ;)
    Not the lancero, no. If I ever come across one, I'll keep your recommendation in mind.
  • Options
    chemforever:
    y2pascoe:
    Finally decided to smoke this Reconquista I've had since October. Gonna smoke it with some bourbons. image
    about the same story here. Recon from august with some whistle pig.
    Kind of disappointed honestly. It was my first. Between hype, price, presentation I think my expectations were a little too high, as this was my first. Long story short, not too broken up over missing the March Madness sampler that included these last week.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    It's hard to get wrong with a Padron family Reserve 45 years. The cigar is well balanced, leather, cedar, almond, bitter chocolate flavor with pepper through the nose aroma. This cigar got full two years of aging in my humidor. Padron says that they used ten years of aged tobacco. However, I can still feel that the cigar has notible harshness hidden in the mix. It is hard to believe all tobaccos are ten years aged because after 10+2 = 12 years age, there shouldn't be any bitter harshness in the cigar. Anyway I am not an expert but I believe the blend must have some new tobacco. Another reason can also be from the medio tiempo(top small leaf in a plant with lots of sun light). It is a great full flavored cigar. Photobucket
    You're kind of just showing off at this point, rzaman. You know that, right?
  • Options
    nah..I am just expressing my personal opinion. Don,t you think this cigar should be smooth as butter with ten years of age?
    y2pascoe:
    rzaman:
  • Options
    rzaman:
    nah..I am just expressing my personal opinion. Don,t you think this cigar should be smooth as butter with ten years of age?
    y2pascoe:
    rzaman:
    I wouldn't know, because I can't afford a Padron Family Reserve 45 or any other of the high end *** you flaunt on here.

Oldsoulrevival's got a Friday night review thing going on. This week's the Drew Estate Undercrown, as voted on by forum members. Check it out and maybe share a review with something a lot of guys smoke.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Cheapy day for me 1844 and Fuente 8 5 8.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Had a Thunder by Nimish, pretty good with some definate aging potential and finished up with a RP Maduro of Costa Rica. Awesome costa rican maduro flavor as always. Very rich and smooth with a sweet-ish finish and a medium body of leather and smoky woody flavors.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Dirty Rat and it was fantastic!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Smoked a Hammer + Sickle, followed by a Gran Habano Vintage 2002 and finished with an LP T52 a good night in general.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    JHewey:
    Johnny-O from todd to celebrate enrolling in school.
    So... what did you think about it? I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do!
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    After dinner:

• Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    my first lp undercrown. lets just say a five pack wasnt enough.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    viaje summerfest
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Enjoying a MOW torpedo tonight.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    about to light up my first Illusione Eperney Le Petit
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    La Traviatta now and a Diesel Unlimited later
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    601 green
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    pbchevo:
    601 green
    Nice havent had one of those in a long while. Another 1844 today good smoke but already tired of em. Being on a budget kinda sucks lol.
  • Options
    Alec Bradly's Prensado...it is a ok smoke.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Gurkha Titan. Decent flavor but trying to suffer through the finish/ aftertaste.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Had a few puffs of my brother's liga privada uf-4 and it was probably the strongest smoke I have ever sampled.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    J fuego Origen....needed age but a Cool smoke. Ruination, then a black market. Good night visiting old friends with some Deschutes pale ale and a weird newcastle pale ale I'd never seen.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Alec Bradly's Prensado...it is a ok smoke.
    They really need age... Fresh...they blow, 2 years they come alive
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Started out with a Griffin's perfecto and it reminded me of a less bodied MOW Virtue or a LPH Cobre, an enjoyable smoke all the same, the followed with 1/2 of a Double Happiness MOW with 2+ years on it, then a Gurkha Empire Series IV with a Year on it and finished with EP Carillo Elencos great night of smokes.