Home General Discussion
Options

New C.Com American Blend

Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
Anyone try one of these yet? I'm just curious what your thoughts are. I may blind box this in a corona to get the highest wrapper/filler ratio and see what it yields.

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    Anyone try one of these yet? I'm just curious what your thoughts are. I may blind box this in a corona to get the highest wrapper/filler ratio and see what it yields.
    Smokey how the hell have you been? Good to see you around.

I bought a 5er of these the other day ... in the corona vitola. It is a rather long corona, I've had lanceros that were about the same size. I thought it was a decent smoke, kinda hay and grassy flavors.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    It is a rather long corona, I've had lanceros that were about the same size.
    ^^^Agreed. I don't think it's a bad thing but I was expecting them to be a little shorter.

I haven't smoked one in a little while but I too picked up some hay and grassy flavors. I also got cream and a slight peppery taste.
    For the price they're a good cigar. I'd also put them as my #2 favorite house blend (blue label being #1)....for what that's worth.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    madurofan:

I bought a 5er of these the other day ... in the corona vitola. It is a rather long corona, I've had lanceros that were about the same size. I thought it was a decent smoke, kinda hay and grassy flavors.
    Nice to see you're still kicking too, bud. :D Life's been decent. Just got back from a fire assignment down to Virginia of all places. Long haul from Montana, but hey, they were on fire, we were not. ;)

I may do the same and add 5er to my next order and see how they go. I'm too big a fan of the Brazilian's, though it has been a long time since I got a box of the Maduros as well. So many cigars...but I'm married. :P
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    madurofan:

Nice to see you're still kicking too, bud. :D Life's been decent. Just got back from a fire assignment down to Virginia of all places. Long haul from Montana, but hey, they were on fire, we were not. ;)

I may do the same and add 5er to my next order and see how they go. I'm too big a fan of the Brazilian's, though it has been a long time since I got a box of the Maduros as well. So many cigars...but I'm married. :P
    Well Damn. I know where it was burning too, not far from where I'm living. Wish I could shook your hand and burned one with ya.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    madurofan:

+1 on this! Good to see some familiar names popping in here again after some time away - we're getting the band back together! LOL

madurofan:
    That description reminds me a lot of what I got from the CCom sun grown Maddy. Have you had one of those, and could you compare and contrast the two if so? Thanks!

• Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Pm to you Smoke=Fire!
  • Options
    And back at you! Sorry for the delay, but I've been busy. Looks like fire season is going to be early this year. o.O
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Smoke=Fire:
    madurofan:

Well Damn. I know where it was burning too, not far from where I'm living. Wish I could shook your hand and burned one with ya.
    Well crap! I was based out of Woodstock VA, and according to Google map we were not all that far apart! :( Next time! :D