Home General Discussion
Options

Gurkha go BOOM!!

VisionVision Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
This was a Gurkha Vintage 2001. Had about 7 months rest on it at 70/70 (ish, Never too high or too low). This is the first cigar I have ever seen grow a MOHAWK while smoking then blow up. I like Gurkha and I know I am one of very few. This thing had bad news rolled up in it when it left the factory. I did dry box it for about a half hour before smoking it and it wasn't to humid nor to hot out. You can see it was just the worst roll job!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    that suxs what causes that. to dry?
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    I like Gurkha and I know I am one of very few.

No you're not. Gurkha's have issues all the time. I personally have had the best luck with the Legend Perfectos & Black Dragon Robustos
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I never had any problems with the 2001's, those and the beasts. Some beautys as well. But I can say a lot of them did the same thing to me^. I thought it may of been my humidors, so I did the salt test and all the meters were within +-1 of each other, even the analogs. I tried another Ghurka and a few other cigars from the same humidor, no problems. They are hit or miss cigar, I rather them do that^ then have it on the other end.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KCW:
    Vision:

No you're not. Gurkha's have issues all the time. I personally have had the best luck with the Legend Perfectos & Black Dragon Robustos

I know... Just a lot of people haten on Gurkha and stuff.
    Where in Mass are you?
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Ah yes.... ALL HAIL GURKHA, THE ROLLS ROYCE OF THE CIGAR WORLD!!!

What they fail to mention in their advertising campaigns is said Rolls Royces come with two flat tires and a complimentary crack in the block of the engine. ;-)

When it comes to Gurkha's, the best advice I can give anyone is this...

ONLY FUENTE IS FUENTE! :-)

• Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha............yes......fond memories.............
    They do make some decent to good cigars imo.........but the CONSISTENCY is woefully lacking....
    then...........pile on out-of-this-world MSRPs.............many lines that are simply turds......... hype bordering on ridunkulous...................I think 2,342 different cigars at last count............. it's no wonder Gurkha receives the scorn it does.........

Rocky's not far behind...........
    and Ernesto is headed down the wrong path as well................

• Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    This was a Gurkha Vintage 2001. Had about 7 months rest on it at 70/70 (ish, Never too high or too low). This is the first cigar I have ever seen grow a MOHAWK while smoking then blow up. I like Gurkha and I know I am one of very few. This thing had bad news rolled up in it when it left the factory. I did dry box it for about a half hour before smoking it and it wasn't to humid nor to hot out. You can see it was just the worst roll job!

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    That looks like a **** on fire lol
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    KCW:
    Vision:

I know... Just a lot of people haten on Gurkha and stuff.
    Where in Mass are you?
    Needham
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only cigar I have ever had split on me was a Gurkha status. Not that bad though!!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    It lloks to me like smoking that CGAR from any end would be a bad everything, feel for ya bro
  • Options
    josiahcoljosiahcol Posts: 70
    i have had the same problem...i got a CCOM Ghurka sampler about 7 months ago and ive kept them in my humi sitting about 68/70 to 70/70 the whole time and the first 2 that i tried did the exact same thing your's did. It was the Blue Steel torpedo and the Symphony, both split and did the same thing. Now the beauty and the Titan ive had since have been perfectly fine. From everything i have heard (and now experinced) they are really inconsistant when it comes to how they smoke.
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    I have this problem with the c.com house blends all of them every time, they don't blow up but they come unraveled (did I spell that right)
  • Options
    josiahcoljosiahcol Posts: 70
    seagarlover:
    I have this problem with the c.com house blends all of them every time, they don't blow up but they come unraveled (did I spell that right)
    same here...hit or miss with them also. I do like the cuban label and the brazilian label tho, taste and smoke were really good now if the construction was consistent it would be nice.