Home General Discussion
Options

Autoweek Cigar/Car matchups

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
Anyone here get Autoweek? They had a cool article on cigar and car matchup on pg 16. Short but interesting. Here are the selections:

2012 Audi A8 / Litto Gomez Diez 2012
2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500/ Tatuaje Fausto Avion 11
2012 Volkwagen Passat/ Gurkha Royal Challenge
2013 Mini Paceman/ La Palina El Dario
2012 Mercedes-Benz C-class Coupe/ Partagas 1845
2013 Porsche 911 Carrera/ Romeo by Romeo y Julieta
2012 Acura NSX Concept/ Room 101 Namakubi Edition
2013 Rolls-Royce Phantom Series II
1956 Chevrolet Bel Air/ Cohiba Esplendido
1958 Cadillac 60 Special/ H. Upmann No. 2
1959 Plymouth Fury
Punch Punch Tubo

What do you guys think? I agree with the rolls

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    haha nice. looks about right to me
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how Gurkha wasn't the Rolls Royce.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have put the Porsche a Partagas Serie D #4. But what do I know.
    What Series II are the referring to on the Rolls? I must be missing something.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Powerful statement
  • Options
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Wonder what they would suggest for the Bugatti Veyron, the Mercedes Mclaren SLR, and the Pagani Zonda... I think the Davidoff Royal Salute or something of that nature would be a fine choice for any of those Hypercars... tho the Zonda is still Supercar status
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I would put the SLR Mclaren with a Litto Gomez Diez Chisel. Smooth, powerful, and able to knock you on your butt if you arent careful. The A8L is more like a My Father Lancero. Its smooth and defined but not a heavyweight in the performance department.
  • Options
    And for those who don't follow me on Instagram:
  • Options
    dennisking:
    And for those who don't follow me on Instagram:
    oh man. beautiful. beastly. powerful. DPG shut yo mouf pepper. LG sit your *** down strength. what a car. what a car
  • Options
    No way man. The DPG was elegant, floral, and medium. That LG punches you in the sack like a short Asian man. And yea, the car is kinda cool too.
  • Options
    I meant to say. elegant, floral, and medium like chinese oo long tea. know what that is dennys? do you know what that is from my people? it ain't no oregon peking duck I tell you
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    hahaha, stuff like this is fun, thanks for posting Scarlin.

Although I gotta ask, how'd they pick their cars though? Seems like a random assortment, with the exception tha they all range from really nice to movie star nice and then 3 old school finned classics. I gotta say, there is only 1 car on that list I would ever have any interes in and its the bel air. I even prefer the 56 to the 57 becuase it just has a meaner stance with the more subtle fins.

We need an everyman section here,
  • Options
    *Petey*:

Although I gotta ask, how'd they pick their cars though? Seems like a random assortment, with the exception tha they all range from really nice to movie star nice and then 3 old school finned classics. I gotta say, there is only 1 car on that list I would ever have any interes in and its the bel air. I even prefer the 56 to the 57 becuase it just has a meaner stance with the more subtle fins.

ok I'll start it off.

Ford Edge
    Ford F150
    Toyota Camry
    Honda Accord
  • Options
    jliu:
    I meant to say. elegant, floral, and medium like chinese oo long tea. know what that is dennys? do you know what that is from my people? it ain't no oregon peking duck I tell you
    Isn't oolong just a different cut of the same black tea that is grown everywhere in the world?
  • Options
    *Petey*:
    jliu:
    Isn't oolong just a different cut of the same black tea that is grown everywhere in the world?
    umm Boyd. I'm from Missouri. I have no idea haha
  • Options
    jliu:
    *Petey*:

ok I'll start it off.

Ford Edge
    Ford F150
    Toyota Camry
    Honda Accord
    RP The Edge
    Partagas 150
    Nub Camryroon
    Anything Honduran Puro......lol
  • Options
    Oolong tea, black rice, and Peking duck are where its at short round
  • Options
    jliu:
    *Petey*:
    jliu:
    umm Boyd. I'm from Missouri. I have no idea haha
    LOL best line in a while.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Pu-erh is a treat as well. Try it if you like a really earthy tea.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Funny how Gurkha wasn't the Rolls Royce.
    This made me lmao...no lie
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨