Home General Discussion
Options

Best Cigar experience

Another one of those blah blah blah fluff type posts. This time I figured that I would ask something a bit different though! This is not so much what was the best cigar you smoked etc, and more about your best cigar experience. For example A few nights back me and Rob had a little herf session at the place we work. It was on a rare night the club was closed. We sat out on the veranda an enjoyed a cigar. I must say it was a very relaxing time. I did enjoy being at work smoking a Alec Bradly Tempus while not having anything going on. Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best times I had smoking was the night before my wedding. My dad had just bought me a box of Fuente hemingways the day before and he, my uncle, and my (now wife's) grandfather all had one while we stood around outside the hotel and talked. That was tons of fun and a great cigar.

Most of the time I am smoking alone, so when I get to have company I really enjoy it. Although, having a Liga #9 all alone about a week after graduating college (right before the wedding) was a great time too. It was just a big sign of relief after 4 years of hard work! of course now, I am looking at four more years starting next fall!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Sitting around a bonfire with friends and family; talking, smoking, drinking. Enjoying life, not worrying about tomorrow or the coming night. Sometimes, just saying nothing at all, listening to the world as it turns. Simple and yet free. Conan was wrong. This is what is best in life.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Watching the Sun set behind my ever-shrinking pond on a cool Fall evening.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early morning weekend cigars are the best.

Get up at 630-700ish, brew a cup of coffee or espresso, grab a stogie and head outside.
    No distant hum of highway traffic, no planes roaring overhead on their way to CMH, no screaming neighborhood children, no barking neighbor dogs, no hum of A/C units, no golfers/ground maintenance people out yet ... just peace, quiet, and sounds of the natural world.

I'll take the dog outside with me (she'll fall back asleep) and I'll sit puffing away, free of distractions and intrusions, as I enjoy my stogie and listen to the songbirds' begin their day.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I would say at a pool party my ol ladies boss had. It had ok food ok beer and ok scotch but I brought avo maduros some opus x and preferidos. All in all a nice laid back night talking bs and smoking some good sticks and not giving a ****! Plus I got the ladies to smoke some so they wouldn't complain about how our breath smelled later lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Best? When amongst friends. No specific one sticks out, herfing with the guys is the best experience and every time we get to do so, it's awesome.
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    This is a great day for postings, and this is another great question, I have to say I had a great smoke experience recent as last week, 1] No one was home 2] The phone was turned off 3] it was 76F by the pool 4] The pool was crystal clear 5] Most important my wife was sleeping. I lit up one of my RAMON BUESO THE PROJECT and I smoked for over an hour at it was a great day. Photobucket
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:

Get up at 630-700ish, brew a cup of coffee or espresso, grab a stogie and head outside.
    No distant hum of highway traffic, no planes roaring overhead on their way to CMH, no screaming neighborhood children, no barking neighbor dogs, no hum of A/C units, no golfers/ground maintenance people out yet ... just peace, quiet, and sounds of the natural world.

I'll take the dog outside with me (she'll fall back asleep) and I'll sit puffing away, free of distractions and intrusions, as I enjoy my stogie and listen to the songbirds' begin their day.
    This one sums up a perfect experience to me. But I like to watch the rabbits eat breakfast from my garden, I don't mind sharing.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    seagarlover:
    1] No one was home 5] Most important my wife was sleeping.
    I'll ask the obvious. If she wasn't home where was she sleeping?
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    skweekz:
    seagarlover:
    Haha!
  • Options
    insomnniapb:
    skweekz:
    seagarlover:
    Haha!
    You know what I ment my kids were at school my step daughter was at work and U know the rest, yes she was at home sleeping thanks for helping me clear that up haha
  • Options
    insomnniapb:
    skweekz:
    seagarlover:
    Haha!
    You know what I ment my kids were at school my step daughter was at work and U know the rest, yes she was at home sleeping thanks for helping me clear that up haha
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    I thought you didn't have kids
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    jgibv:

This one sums up a perfect experience to me. But I like to watch the rabbits eat breakfast from my garden, I don't mind sharing.
    I looooove this time of the day. A nice mild Avo, ISOM, conny, and some coffee to start the day.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with this. I got up early one morning before work a few weeks back and had a smoke with my coffee. It was really nice to sit out back and listen to/watch the town wake up. It definitely makes going to work less of a drag.
  • Options
    pelirrojo:
    I have to agree with this. I got up early one morning before work a few weeks back and had a smoke with my coffee. It was really nice to sit out back and listen to/watch the town wake up. It definitely makes going to work less of a drag.
    Which is why I love small ISOM corona's. They are perfect for this and give you a nice buzz too lol. I'm still trying to find a NC that is small and does it for me, since typically finding an hour in the morning is a bit long
  • Options
    That seems to be the deciding factor for me too. I'm not going to get up an hour earlier so I can smoke anything robusto or bigger. Coronas and petite coronas are about all I have time for. I wish the Angelenos came in smaller vitolas. I need to find some connie coronas that I like.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pelirrojo:
    That seems to be the deciding factor for me too. I'm not going to get up an hour earlier so I can smoke anything robusto or bigger. Coronas and petite coronas are about all I have time for. I wish the Angelenos came in smaller vitolas. I need to find some connie coronas that I like.
    Have you tried Cabaiguan? Ive only had 1 - but will be ordering more in the future. This was a great morning cigar for me and they're available in a 4.5x32 vitola.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    I have not, but I'll look into it. Thanks.
  • Options
    Best cigar experience I've ever had was last year at our little garden party (we don't have a garden, just a beat up lawn and a patio, but we call it our "garden party" to feel classy!). I smoked one of the Count's #2s for the first time, and it blew my mind. The evening was a ton of fun, and the cigar was unforgettable. The evening memory is bittersweet, as later in the evening I received a call that my grandmother was passing away, but now whenever I light up a #2, it reminds me of her as well.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    pelirrojo:
    Which is why I love small ISOM corona's. They are perfect for this and give you a nice buzz too lol. I'm still trying to find a NC that is small and does it for me, since typically finding an hour in the morning is a bit long
    Namakubi papi chulo...is that small enough? Combine that with espresso and you're off and running.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    best cigar experience... hmmm...

either kuzipaluza way back in 08 with some of the old school members here (sandman, Tatuaje, bbc022, etc. we miss you and you are always welcome round my way)
    or
    In Nicaragua at Drew Estates with my wife, JD, Matt Booth, Colin Ganley and a few other friends lounging around the DE pool smoking Dirty Rats that were on the rolling table not an hour before.
    that was a GOOD day.
  • Options
    Nice calm afternoon with an aged Cuban....
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Nice calm afternoon with an aged Cuban....
    id like to have a nice calm afternoon with any cuban lol