Home Non Cigar Related

sandy

Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
thoughts and prayers out to the folks in sandy's path. This looks like it is going to be the mother of all storms!

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    The last map I looked at showed the storm sitting over deejmeemix. Hope he and his family, along with everyone else in the area are ok. Locally, they're giving the possibility of snow within the next week.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Looks like we are right on the edge in Mass. Second Halloween in a row with a massive storm...WTF?
    Just heard from Shane. Minimal breeze and a great day to smoke on the front stoop.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm ready for her arrival tomorrow!!Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Money can't buy taste
    If I leave now I can be there around 3AM, will you wait up for me and rub cocoa butter on my feet when I stagger in? Excellent stash, Lee!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Don't forget something to wash it down with.
    Well so far sandy is a drizzle and some good wind gusts...not much and I'd go out fishing in this weather lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah guys b safe, looks like a bad storm. Cold and raining here in Ohio.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Well so far sandy is a drizzle and some good wind gusts...not much and I'd go out fishing in this weather lol
    I'm in Baltimore in a highrise... The rain had been going sideways , the wind is howling and the bulk of the storm hasn't hit us yet. Stay inside unless you want to start flying...
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Being near Pittsburgh, Sandy is on a direct path to hit me. Unfortunately there are Mountains between me and her and NOAA says she won't mess with that. It'll be insane to see a hurricane take a 90 degree turn. I hope everyone here and not here will be safe.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I feel for you guys. been there, done that. If you haven't left, be prepared to live without power for a few days. That means no lights, TV, computer, water (pumps need electricity), cell phones (towers have about 8 hours of battery life and your cell phone will run out very quickly searching for a signal) sewerage, traffic controls, etc. The fuel stations will be out of power = no gasoline. Stock up on water and food that wont spoil. Also,, if you live in a metro area, watch out for looters. They're just waiting for the fog. Our energy trucks are already headed your way. Good luck!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a rainy day in Dull-Aware is all. A bit breezy; no big deal. So far, we've gotten more wind from the weather geeks than from Sandy.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    Being near Pittsburgh, Sandy is on a direct path to hit me. Unfortunately there are Mountains between me and her and NOAA says she won't mess with that. It'll be insane to see a hurricane take a 90 degree turn. I hope everyone here and not here will be safe.
    I am on the east side of these mountains in which you speak. So far it's not been too bad. The wind is starting to pick up though.
    Yup yup windy with mold rain...holy crap wawa is closing lol that never happens!!
    Money can't buy taste
    allsmokedup:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I'm in Baltimore in a highrise... The rain had been going sideways , the wind is howling and the bulk of the storm hasn't hit us yet. Stay inside unless you want to start flying...
    Hahaha I fly every day!! But yeah it's starting to get bad but not disastress
    Money can't buy taste
    Wind picking up here in MA. Just got new generator put together, smoking a Gurkha Beauty in honor of my mother who passed away at 57 years old. Her name was Sandy, and being a typical Italian mother would raise holy hell if us kids got out of line. We called her "Hurricane Sandy" and it stuck. I guess she's back...I just hope I didn't piss her off too much.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts are with ya all, be safe!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    Wonder how the people of Ccom are doing??
    Money can't buy taste
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Not to be dirspectful here.....but isnt this the same thing us in Florida, S.C., Bama, and Mississippi deal with every year? This wouldnt even get us a school closure.
    Vulchor:
    Not to be dirspectful here.....but isnt this the same thing us in Florida, S.C., Bama, and Mississippi deal with every year? This wouldnt even get us a school closure.
    Yes but you shut everything down for a inch of snow...we are prepared for certain thing and you are prepared for certain things!! We get a few feet of snow a year so we are use to that!! You guys get this crap every year so your use to it.
    Money can't buy taste
    No doubt. We say the same thing when you get an inch of snow :)
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Vulchor:
    Yes but you shut everything down for a inch of snow...we are prepared for certain thing and you are prepared for certain things!! We get a few feet of snow a year so we are use to that!! You guys get this crap every year so your use to it.
    Plus it doesn't help that NYC and NJ are right at sea level. Plus imagine a hurricane with 40 degree weather spitting out snow.
    scarlin:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Vulchor:
    Plus it doesn't help that NYC and NJ are right at sea level. Plus imagine a hurricane with 40 degree weather spitting out snow.
    Yeah Atlantic city is starting to look like catrina...it's not good at all!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    scarlin:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Vulchor:
    Yeah Atlantic city is starting to look like catrina...it's not good at all!!
    And West Virginia is getting pounded with two feet of snow instead of rain to go with the winds
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Vulchor:
    i was gunna same the same thing. I drive through feet of snow every year but i dont think i would know what to do with a hurricane. its all about what you are ready for.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to everyone on the East coast.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope everyone's doing ok. We're getting snow here but so far only lost power once for a few seconds. Glad we had all that wind a few days ago. Knocked down most of the leaves.Going out later to donate some blood.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    So guess I was wrong on the prior comment huh? Wowsers.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/full_loop.php

This storm is almost the size of Alaska.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Hope everyone is ok. We only lost power a few times and it was for at most a few seconds each time. My parents in the next town loast power for 2 1/2 hours. My sister in the next town (other side of me) is without power. Last year she was without power for ~10 days.