Home Non Cigar Related

Five more days to my disability hearing.

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
It has been a long and depressing road since I first walked into the Social Security Office.
Two years ago almost to the day.
Still, I am fortunate.
Too many times people are forced to loose everything they managed to accumulate over the span of a lifetime.
We too have lost much but are fortunate in the respect that we still have our home.
Not grand mind you, but comfortable.
It is funny to think about.........
Your very future is in the hands of a man you have not met and will only know for less than an hour!
I guess this is the way of it, it just doesn't seem right to me somehow.
But I digress, onward I push.

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to you, Rodney. Maybe we should organize a herf for those of us with debilitating injuries and medical conditions. We'll call it The Great Gimp Smokefest!!!
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Good luck to you, Rodney. Maybe we should organize a herf for those of us with debilitating injuries and medical conditions. We'll call it The Great Gimp Smokefest!!!

Sounds light a great plan........
    Except that it may take a while for some of us to limp to it.
    :-)
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Good luck Rodney!
    Rain:
    Good luck Rodney!

Thank you.
    RBeckom:
    Rain:
    Good luck Rodney!

Thank you.
    You are welcome. I'm sorry that all I can offer you are words, but I pray that everything works out for you. A disability is a horrible thing to deal with, I'm sure that by the time my Army gig is over I'll be paying for it, I just hope not too much.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to you brother. I pray things turn out in your favor.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    It has been a long and depressing road since I first walked into the Social Security Office.
    Two years ago almost to the day.
    Still, I am fortunate.
    Too many times people are forced to loose everything they managed to accumulate over the span of a lifetime.
    We too have lost much but are fortunate in the respect that we still have our home.
    Not grand mind you, but comfortable.
    It is funny to think about.........
    Your very future is in the hands of a man you have not met and will only know for less than an hour!
    I guess this is the way of it, it just doesn't seem right to me somehow.
    But I digress, onward I push.
    I know how u feel RBeckom, back in feburary, i was diagnosed with addision's disease and a edernal disorder, i was in hospital for a week, and have crazy headaches, and muscle cramps, on all kids of meds. I have to take testosterone shots once a week, and have been off work since. Never had a health problem in my life , except some broken bones and acl,i'm on disability since then and no doctor will release me to return to work at the prision or the state, to much liability. And now when i have been off a year next feburary they may force me to file permanant disabilty seperation. I t sucks, have to battle every week with disablity to fix my checks and have several dr.s snd and fax paperwork every week, very frustaing and stuck at home most days with our newborn, not that i'm complaining, i get to spend all this time with him, but i have always had a job, since college, and i love my job, just don't know what to do if i can't work, or if they say my disability is denied and no dr. will realse me to return, what i will do about a paycheck, may b forced to find a different job that will allow me to work with my conditions. Who knows. That's why i have all this time on my hands and i am on this forum all the time. So i guess it's 1 postive i have found.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to you, hope whoever's in charge of your case has some kind of understanding of your condition.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Hope everything goes well.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you Rodney - I hope it all works out for you. You too Glock.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Good luck and Godspeed to you Rodney, I hope you get a Halloween Treat when you meet with your caseworker.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you brother
    Now three and my nerves are fried.
    Thanks for the support.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it Beck. What's going to happen, is going to happen. But I am hoping for a favorable outcome on your behalf. Enjoy your weekend, and have an extra cigar this month.
    kaspera79:
    Don't worry about it Beck. What's going to happen, is going to happen. But I am hoping for a favorable outcome on your behalf. Enjoy your weekend, and have an extra cigar this month.

My nerves have gotten the best of me lately.
    I have been smoking every day, sometimes two in a day.
    I do not plan on telling my doctor that tidbit of information though!
    RBeckom:
    kaspera79:

Yeah, some things are better left unsaid. Hang in there buddy...
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Good luck brother. Hope everything works out for you!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    RBeckom:
    kaspera79:

Yeah, some things are better left unsaid. Hang in there buddy...

Guess I'm lucky ... my heart doc is a cigar smoker .
    Bump this up.. So Beck, how did it go ?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah brother hope all went well.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    +1
    We're thinking about you brother - keep us updated when you get the time.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Rhamlin:
    +1
    We're thinking about you brother - keep us updated when you get the time.
    +2 We are praying for you.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw this thread and thought I'd update everyone. Rodney's hearing went well and his disability was approved. Luckily for him, they've improved the system since I applied in 2006.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    cool!
    dbeckom:
    I just saw this thread and thought I'd update everyone. Rodney's hearing went well and his disability was approved. Luckily for him, they've improved the system since I applied in 2006.
    Ah, some good news! This made my night.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    dbeckom:
    Excellent!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Rain:
    dbeckom:
    Excellent!
    +1
    Glad to hear it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Good to hear.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Glad to hear that about Rodney. Thanks for the update
    Tick tock, time goes forth.
    As stated by my brother, the hearing went well but as usual, when dealing with our generous government, time seems to move at a slower pace than in real time.
    :-)
    The slowness of answering can only be blamed on myself as my Internet has been off for a spell.
    Thanks for all the kind words my friends.