Home General Discussion
Options

cigar band lamp

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
been working on a glass lamp i got from my grandmother.figured it might be cool to fill it with cigar bands i liked.almost 3/4 full. cigar lamp 2 cigar lamp 3 need to arrange them a little better but thuoght it would look good in the den
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Baller!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Nice lamp,, have ya thought bout doin the shade too?? just an idea,, Maybe a firehazard IDK,, guess one could use a flourescent bulb
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet!!! Wife let me fill a clear (flower vase?) with some of mine, put it on bookshelf in living room - similar but yours is way cooler!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    Sweet!!! Wife let me fill a clear (flower vase?) with some of mine, put it on bookshelf in living room - similar but yours is way cooler!
    sounds cool .i showed you mine so now you show me yours...lol

• Options
    The Kid:
    Nice lamp,, have ya thought bout doin the shade too?? just an idea,, Maybe a firehazard IDK,, guess one could use a flourescent bulb
    actually sounds cool.the lamp would be decorative only.now just have to figure out how..

• Options
    twistedstem:
    jgibv:
    LOL -- maybe.
    I just emptied it out before we moved, and put the bands in a ziploc bag. It's only about 1/4 full right now, doesn't look too great. Guess I need to smoke more so I can fill it back up and snap a pic :-D

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    That's cool man - looks nice. I have one full of wine corks and have been wondering what it would look like with cigar bands.
  • Options
    Gino USMCGino USMC Posts: 127
    Very nice and cool idea. I have a cork board that I am putting my bands on.
  • Options
    jgibv:
    twistedstem:
    jgibv:
    LOL -- maybe.
    I just emptied it out before we moved, and put the bands in a ziploc bag. It's only about 1/4 full right now, doesn't look too great. Guess I need to smoke more so I can fill it back up and snap a pic :-D
    Here ya go....but it looks much better when it's full and the bands are "rearranged" so they're facing outwards.

(Wine cork vase and cigar band vase)

Bonus: cigar band ashtray.
    (Cut a piece of cardstock to fit the bottom of ashtray. Glued bands to cardstock and cut off excess/overhang. Used clear packaging tape to secure cardstock to bottom of ashtray.)

• Options
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    twistedstem:
    jgibv:
    LOL -- maybe.
    Here ya go....but it looks much better when it's full and the bands are "rearranged" so they're facing outwards.

(Wine cork vase and cigar band vase)

Bonus: cigar band ashtray.
    (Cut a piece of cardstock to fit the bottom of ashtray. Glued bands to cardstock and cut off excess/overhang. Used clear packaging tape to secure cardstock to bottom of ashtray.)
    very nice like the ashtray pretty cool.i need to work mine alittle better so you can see the labels but im takin my time no rush.

• Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Yeah, that ashtray is awesome! I am inspired. I want to make one now. I guess I better get to smoking some more and remembering to save the bands. Snow is melting and supposedly it is supposed to warm up a little bit this week.
  • Options
    well rudy(the kid)decided to make a contribution to my lamp project,very much appreciated trade 3

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need anymore bro? I can send a bunch your way/
  • Options
    sjmdavesjmdave Posts: 12
    ive got mine taped to a file cabinet right now cant do much but it helps me escape reality of work lol
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Haha... wait till mine get there too... you'll have enough for a street lamp at that point. lol
  • Options
    ok so the lamp base is full thank you borthers.will work on the shade later.think it came out good. band lamp photo IMG_0513_zpsb284d0c8.jpg lamp photo IMG_0514_zps3e69bf07.jpg photo IMG_0515_zps746be5b1.jpg

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Lookin Good!!
    Gotta love the OSOK label,, Saw some OSok's the other day and it looked like the labels were different, IDK.
  • Options
    I am a fan!!!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Looking good! Glad to see you put the bands to good use :)