Home General Discussion
Options

"Pick My Stick" Back today VOTING CLOSED LaAurora WINS!

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
Been way too busy lately but its back !

You know the deal....... you pick the stick, I smoke it and do my simple review with pics.

Here are the possible picks for today:

1. Berger & Argenti ENTUBAR QUAD MADURO® (the odd one with the nipple foot)
2. Undercrown
3. La Aurora Preferido Maduro

Smoke time starts when the market closes. THANKS !

Comments

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    2. love me some undercrown
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    B & A
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    How can any man say no to the nipple? B&A
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    undercrown
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    While Nipplefoot clearly makes the best band name, I vote for the La Aurora Preferido Maduro
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undercrown, if you've never had one. But, if you have, go La Aurora
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    While Nipplefoot clearly makes the best band name, I vote for the La Aurora Preferido Maduro

La Aurora!
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Nipple.
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    2. love me some undercrown
    +1
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    La Aurora
  • Options
    Y'all are making this hard...... score is 4 to 4 to 3 ..... no ties allowed !!!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the La Aurora Maddy...for my tastes that has a true cuban flavor profile.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterDemon:
    Nipple.
    +1
    Teet for sure

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Do yourself a favor and smoke the Aurora!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    B&A because I would like to see a review.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    aurora
  • Options
    Voting goes like this so far:

Aurora = 7
    B&A = 5
    Undercrown = 3

15 minutes to go !!
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Aurora
  • Options
    Aurora wins !!! Thanks for voting..... review will follow late tonight !
  • Options
    What a great smoke. La Aurora Maduro

Prelight look showed that this is one tight stick. Actually hard. Made me concerned about draw. Cut and draw was fine, maybe a little tight but OK. First few puffs were very smooth and pleasant.

Draw was not a problem and the stick softened a lot after about 15 minutes. Lots of smoke, and this is an extremely smooth cigar. Loving this so far. The beginning seemed to smoke very fast. Thinking this will be a short stick.

As i got to the mid point it sure slowed down. Still tons of smoke. Nice woodsy (cigar tobacco) flavors. Cant place specific tastes but nice ...... very nice. I am taken back by how smooth this thing is.

The longer this smokes the more I like it. Not as much smoke as an Undercrown but a nice big cloud. As I near the end I poured a little Woodford Reserve and the pairing was perfect. This was one of the most pleasant overall smokes I have had in a while. I cant get over how smooth this is. I now know why this is in my top 10 list. Overall my rating is 5 out of 5. Top pick. This smoke lasted about 1 hour 40 minutes. A lot longer than I thought at first. A great pick for today. Thanks to all for picking a great stick.

Thanks for making "Pick My Stick" a success.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice review Jim. Can't go wrong with the preferidos.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately I really haven't been into maduros. Over the superbowl weekend I had one of these and I fell in love again. This is an awesome stick. I definitely need more of these. Gotta keep an eye out on the DD.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Lately I really haven't been into maduros. Over the superbowl weekend I had one of these and I fell in love again. This is an awesome stick. I definitely need more of these. Gotta keep an eye out on the DD.
    I use the see Maddy's pop up on the SS. 5 for a pretty good price if I remember right. I'll have to keep an eye out now that I know you're looking for some.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Nice review Jim. Can't go wrong with the preferidos.
    Every Perfecto I have had just seem to be a better stick. The other one I like is the Padilla Miami OSC Limitado Perfecto. I like them both a lot. Somewhere I read that they are rolled by the better rollers since they are a little harder to roll. Might explain why it was so hard before I lit up. Whatever the reason these are great cigars (for my taste YMMV)
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Sorry I missed this but glad you liked it!