Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    plaidbanana1:
    Lasabar:
    Nothing for me the past two night, in a nice little town of Lake Geneva for a wedding... I set my alarm early tomorrow morning so I can get up and smoke a Perdomo Champagne (the one in the orange cello) kind of a celebratory smoke before I stand up in my cousins wedding!!!

P.s. my cousin is AWESOME for he got all the groomsmen "Crystal Head Vodka" Look it up if you haven't heard of it and the bottle alone is super sweet!
    How was the perdomo? I'm curious because ive got a 5-pack waiting for me at home and I really want to try them.
    The Perdomo Champagne is one of the best cigars I have ever had. It is fantastic.
  • Options
    Right now, a 3 siglos. Tastes just like what a nice prepared thick steak should taste like. Just fantastic
  • Options
    bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    jlmarta:
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 and a Fire by Indian /tabac - robusto. Life is good.

Marty

i had an RP vintage 1992. it was ok
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    After a great day in Shreveport (awesome little town by the way) I got back and relaxed with one of my trusty go-to's, a Padilla '68. Ahhh, the good life.
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Smoked an Edge by Rp. It about knocked me on my butt. :-)
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    A friend of mine has been over a few time for cigars, so he came back from Minneapolis with some treats for me. I had him smoke the RP Olde World as I had some of those at home, and I tried the Camacho triple maduro. I wouldn't mind adding some of those to my collection....but I'm full up.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday was a RP ITC 10Th Anniversary.. I have had this one for probably a year on more, it was part of a COTM package. I planned on just burning this one without much high expectations and ended up really liking it. The Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper gave this one a great flavor profile. It was medium to mild in body, very smooth with a nice woody and toasty taste, Just a bit of spice kept this one consistently interesting. Construction was good, draw a bit tight, but it worked on this one. Burn was as straight as I have ever seen. The hour and a half past quickly with this cigar, Another winner from Rocky.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Cuban Montecristo #3
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Nothing for me the last few days, been busy and working OT but I think I'm going to break the streak tonight. I went and visited my grandfathers grave yesterday for the first time since he dies 5 years ago and he is really the person who first introduced me to cigars. I think I need to have one for him tonight...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The 68 I had last night was so good, I figured I would have another on today. I ended up smoking one of the Salomons, not a bad smoke. Flavor wise, I think it is a little better than the robusto or toro, but the burn was a pain in the ass. Had to keep doing touch-ups and I couldn't put it down for more than a minute without it trying to go out. Maybe some age will fix those issues, I hope so.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I just came back from my local B&M, and it was first time I actually stayed and enjoyed a cigar in house.

I went in there without any real idea on what I wanted, but to my surprise I found they had two boxes of NUB Maduros. I have been aching to try one so I did. It was pretty good, but didn't knock my socks off. It had rich, creamy smoke, a nice firm draw, and a perfect burn all the way through.

I like maduros and this one was OK, but it didn't impress me as much as i would have hoped. I think I still prefer the cammy if I'm going with a NUB.

Either way, it was a nice surprise and very relaxing while I watched Saving Privite Ryan....one of my favorite movies!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    plaidbanana1:
    Lasabar:
    Nothing for me the past two night, in a nice little town of Lake Geneva for a wedding... I set my alarm early tomorrow morning so I can get up and smoke a Perdomo Champagne (the one in the orange cello) kind of a celebratory smoke before I stand up in my cousins wedding!!!

P.s. my cousin is AWESOME for he got all the groomsmen "Crystal Head Vodka" Look it up if you haven't heard of it and the bottle alone is super sweet!
    How was the perdomo? I'm curious because ive got a 5-pack waiting for me at home and I really want to try them.
    Well I did not get to smoke the Perdomo... Woke up well before everyon and opened the hotel window and got wet......... It was raining, ****!

The wedding was awesome though, 95*F and felt like 90% humidity
  • Options
    Had a CAO 'VR' Fine smoke smooooth and refined...like may other moaduros but a little had a little somethan somethan that put it above the others.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Had a tubed El Rey del Mundo Conmemoracion - 6.12 X 50 - A tasty slowburner that lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes. First one I had of this size but wont be the last. A very good spicey pepper woodsy combo that burned flawlessly ...all the way down to a little too close for comfort to the fingers !!!
  • Options
    Just had a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle....good peppery smoke
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night I got to smoke a couple great sticks! I started off with my first Nica Libre Churchill and I thought it was a good smoke. Amazing for the price these things are and it did remind me a bit of the Padron. Next I had my first Ashtong Heritage and WOW! That was a great smoke! Perfect burn and draw all the way. Smoked it down to nothing and it never got hot or bitter. I will be getting some more of these!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Saturday night I had a Shaggy Torpedo. It was not as good as the first one I ha dbut was not bad at all. This one has been aging since December so maybe it is mellowing out to much since it is a connie wrapper.

Yesterday, I had a Hemingway Signature while sitting in my truck by the lake listening to some Zep. Zep I, II and III to be exact. Oh, and I had a McDonalds choc shake with it. Yum...........
  • Options
    bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    it was my day off so...gurkha centurian, always good
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Had a Fuente Signature this afternoon. Followed by a Casa Magna that I just finished.
    I liked the first Casa I had but this one wasn't as good.
    Now the Signature is as always one of my top 3 sticks. This one had almost a year on it.
  • Options
    Gurkha shaggy, very unique smoke.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Too hot and humid tonight.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was an illusione 888.. On the recomendation of Maddie about a year ago, I bought six various illusione sticks, and this one was over the top. It is a cigar that really got my attention and held it throughout. With a medium/full body, and bold flavors of leather, coffee, hints of fruit, and occasionally earthy it was an hour and a half of unbelievable smoking pleasure. I heard it said that these should be smoked fresh, but age really improved this one. I don't hear much about this one on the forums, but am glad I found this one.
  • Options
    nothing today was hammered at work ...
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    They let you work hammered? Six years ago that woulda been a fine job for me :-)
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    gmill880:
    They let you work hammered? Six years ago that woulda been a fine job for me :-)

Days like this being hammered sounds pretty good ;) ...and would have probably been helpful ...
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    I had a La Finca that somebody gave to me sitting in my humidor for over a year. Never had one so decided to smoke it. 1/3 of it and nothing special. Hopefully more flavours develop.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kaspera79:
    Today was an illusione 888.. On the recomendation of Maddie about a year ago, I bought six various illusione sticks, and this one was over the top. It is a cigar that really got my attention and held it throughout. With a medium/full body, and bold flavors of leather, coffee, hints of fruit, and occasionally earthy it was an hour and a half of unbelievable smoking pleasure. I heard it said that these should be smoked fresh, but age really improved this one. I don't hear much about this one on the forums, but am glad I found this one.
    I'll speak up for these. I had an Illusione CG 4 today that had some months on it. It was fantastic. On the same note, I have tried nearly all the sizes and have to say that I enjoy the larger sizes just as much, if not more than the smaller ring gauged sticks they offer. The difference between sizes makes just enough difference in flavor profile to make each one unique and enjoyable. I picked up a couple MJ 12s yesterday. Those, the 2/3 (culebra) and the I (huge 9 1/2") are the only sizes I haven't tried. I think my favorite lately has been the 4/2 g. Illusiones have a place in my regular rotation.

I also had a Padron 26 no 2. Maduro this afternoon. Great cigar to celebrate the end of a long work day. Can't say I could do it everyday, but I was made to feel very welcome at a shop I stopped at in Columbus, OH and decided to sit and smoke it with some very nice guys there in the shop.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had my last Montecristo Media Noche Churchill... with about a year on it...

I know some of you are wondering about my Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-Der but I have a whole box of Edmundos waiting for me... so no worries!
  • Options
    bigbgballz:
    I had a La Finca that somebody gave to me sitting in my humidor for over a year. Never had one so decided to smoke it. 1/3 of it and nothing special. Hopefully more flavours develop.
    I found them to be pretty bland
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I wasn't planning on smoking last night but I went to a softball game and there were some cigars there. So, I grabbed a Monti Vintage 1999 Torpedo. It was ok. Decent flavor when I could get some good smoke out of it. It went out a couple f times. The filler was burning more than the wrapper after the first ash which help on for about 2 inches. I gave up around the last 2 inches. One of the guys on the softball team works for Altadis so he brings stuff all the time.