Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Future Lottery Drawings....

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone, I would like to relinquish my duty of running the monthly lottery. Seeing how it has grown every month for the past 6 months, I imagine the forum in general would like to continue doing some sort of lottery. Perhaps within this post, we can decide who will organize it and in what form it will be. I know this will be a pain in the a$$ since someone (not me), will have to ultimately decide what happens from here and who is going to do it. The easiest solution would be for another vet to take over and continue the current system, but since there is going to be a change, I thought this would be a good time to implement any modifications to it. I would like to thank all of the participants for trusting me to perform a fair drawing and provide this little bit of fun on the forum.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    well i dont participate in it to often, but i dont think it would matter,actually i think thats not bad either ,
    if no ne wants to do it i'll do it, we are still using the online NO# genertor correct?
    http://www.random.org/
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're too young to retire Shafty and don't you have to name a replacement?
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Only if I can name you...
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I am no vet, but I would be happy to. The lotto must live on.
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    If Puffy doesn't respond all sticks go to you
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Bigshizza:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:

Just need an addy to send to... and for some reason I am sure that Shizz has it.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    macs-smokes:
    Bigshizza:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:

Just need an addy to send to... and for some reason I am sure that Shizz has it.
    how long does puff have to respond
    The buffalonian:
    macs-smokes:
    Bigshizza:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:

I'm sure he or someone who knows him will give out his address. It's only been a day, give him a chance. Now back to the point of this point of this post.
    SleevePlz:
    The buffalonian:
    macs-smokes:
    Bigshizza:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:

I'm sure he or someone who knows him will give out his address. It's only been a day, give him a chance. Now back to the point of this point of this post.
    ddubridge:
    I am no vet, but I would be happy to. The lotto must live on.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I'm not big on the lotto, but maybe the winner could run it every month and have it change hands so it doesn't bog one guy down? Just my two cents, that would give some structure to who runs it. Maybe agree in a number generator or some kind of consensus to pick the winners.
    I think the number generator is a great idea. Not sure how well the "winner runs the lotto" thing will work. There is a few guys every month that enter the lotto and aren't terribly active. Someone has to keep track of lotto "payments", entries, and lotto participants. Non-active forum members might find this kinda hard to do. I think this is why Tony is retiring. It's a bit of work when you think about it.
    ddubridge:
    I think the number generator is a great idea. Not sure how well the "winner runs the lotto" thing will work. There is a few guys every month the enter the lotto and aren't terribly active. Someone has to keep track of lotto "payments", entries, and lotto participants. Non-active forum members might find this kinda hard to do. I think this is why Tony is retiring. It's a bit of work when you think about it.
    yeah I know, kind of figured if Id won, I'd be willing to put in the work right? That's a ton of work, and 100 smokes??? That's a lot of folks to keep track of. Almost need an email list instead of PM's.
    Maybe get a list of vets willing to run it and take turns? I don't mid running it once in a while to help out.
    catfishbluezz:
    Maybe get a list of vets willing to run it and take turns? I don't mid running it once in a while to help out.
    Taking turns is tough since you couldn't use the same thread each time by editing the original post. Drew, I love your enthusiasm and avid participation on the forums. I honestly think you would be a great replacement if you were willing to do it for awhile. Obviously though, it isn't for me to decide, but I would endorse you.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Go for it Drew !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    i think drew would be a fine choice! now send me those sticks for nominating you!!..did i print that out loud?
    seriously tho drews got this!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    are we holding a lotto for July?
    brianetz1:
    Personally, I think we should use July to bomb the military...4th of July fireworks!! Then get back to our business in August. Just a suggestion for the new lottery administrator...Drewski!! Plus, Puffy won't get done collecting and posting until early July. Just my 0.2 cents
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    brianetz1:
    Personally, I think we should use July to bomb the military...4th of July fireworks!! Then get back to our business in August. Just a suggestion for the new lottery administrator...Drewski!! Plus, Puffy won't get done collecting and posting until early July. Just my 0.2 cents
    +1
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Bigshizza:
    brianetz1:
    +1
    While you're at it --- Mars has issued red white and blue peanut M&Ms for the holiday. Throw some in.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)