Home General Discussion
Options

I'm doing the MS Muckruckus.....pick my post race smoke

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
This was a LONG time ago and i just brought back the thread because SHizz asked me to bump it to see the photo on last nights vherf......go to the second page to see the photos

My wife has had MS for 8 years, and on Saturday my 5'11" 260lb fat *** is going to do the MS Muckruckus 5 mile mudrun in her honor. I have done very little training, but for being 260 i am still in decent cardio shape, but i am still worried that my heart is going to explode.

If i don't die, i feel as though i deserve something a little nicer to smoke to celebrate the fact that i am still alive.

So here are my 5 rarest cigars......you pick my post race smoke:

Opus X (from shizz)
Flying Feral Pig
Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997 (from RCY)
tat Frank Jr. (from shizz)
Viaje Oro (fron shizz)

shizz is really generous isn't he?

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTG Brian...well done sir but they won't let you have a cigar in the hospital. Now, I think before and after the race your desires might differ but a picture to document your efforts is required! Great cause and I hope it all goes well.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoke the Opus. You will have earned it!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    WTG Brian...well done sir but they won't let you have a cigar in the hospital. Now, I think before and after the race your desires might differ but a picture to document your efforts is required! Great cause and I hope it all goes well.
    there will be plenty of pictures of the event. I honestly can't wait. I was scheduled to run it last year, but i had to have meniscus surgery after jacking up my knee playing basketball. Now i am back and can't wait!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viaje Oro -- cause if you can complete that journey, you will be golden
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    The pig of course!!
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Brian the shizz is generous however I vote for the pig. Especially if you haven't had one yet!!
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Well, you probably shouldn't be smoking around that oxygen you're gonna be huffin after the race there big guy ;-)

Once the O2 tank is put up, I say go with the Tat.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do ya thing bro! Smoke that opus when your done!
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    oro
  • Options
    tight battle here....still a few days:

Opus x - 2
    pig - 2
    Oro - 2
  • Options
    Go Opus.. You deserve it
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Opus...the FFP will be a bit much after that.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mom has MS. Thank you for running and helping to put an end to this disease. Anyone you smoke my man will feel like $100 cigar knowing that you did something amazing that day.
  • Options
    Vision:
    My mom has MS. Thank you for running and helping to put an end to this disease. Anyone you smoke my man will feel like $100 cigar knowing that you did something amazing that day.
    Yep, it will be amazing to have run it and our team has over 2500 in donations, so that is awesome.
  • Options
    Finished in 1 hour 24 minutes....not bad for a fat guy....
    The team and my wife
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

my son and me

the team
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Nice! Wish they had one up here in the northwest. I love seeing how creative organizations are getting with their fundraisers.
  • Options
    i also made the St. Louis Post Dispatch's website....

• Options
    brianetz1:

OMG you're famous! Great effort looks like you're swallowing a gallon of e-coli
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:

LMAO, That is an awesome pic!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    brianetz1:

OMG you're famous! Great effort looks like you're swallowing a gallon of e-coli
    yeah, it was not my favorite experience of the day.
  • Options
    I forgot......i was in no shape to smoke a cigar after the race, but later on that night at the pool, i was all over the Opus X.

Really liked it, but wasn't bowled over by it......guess i am just not at the point where my palate can really discern the different complex flavors.

photo null_zps57aecd40.jpg
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool, Congrats on finishing! Don't worry I can replace that Opus...........:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Very cool, Congrats on finishing! Don't worry I can replace that Opus...........:-)
    ...........grrrrrr. Don't do it. I already have too many people on my radar to hit back, don't make me add you too.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    MVW67:
    ...........grrrrrr. Don't do it. I already have too many people on my radar to hit back, don't make me add you too.
    Never expect to get hit back, I don't want no more sticks......very simple......LOL
  • Options
    MVW67:
    brianetz1:
    MVW67:
    Never expect to get hit back, I don't want no more sticks......very simple......LOL
    Yeah, but I cant just let a shot across my bow go without return fire.....I got a rep to build.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    MVW67:
    brianetz1:
    MVW67:
    Yeah, but I cant just let a shot across my bow go without return fire.....I got a rep to build.
    Just turn the other cheek........lol:-)
  • Options
    this came up on the vherf last night and Shizza wanted me to bump it so you can all see the awesome pictures.....i will be doing it again this year, but hopefully i'll be about 45-50lbs lighter
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics. Looked like fun.
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    lol didn't read at all. Anyway looks fun.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Cochise sweat band ... cause you wouldn't wanna get your forehead all sweaty.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)