Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

1 for 1 and it is a strange offer. (Edited)

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Back on.....read further down. Edited.

Comments

• Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    They will be sent un-banded and safely numbered. Let them rest for a week or two and then smoke them at your own pace. Pick out the 1 you like the most and I will tell you what all 3 are. Of course you do the same.

Hope this isn't too off the wall.....

Just checked my humidor and I can do 3 trades.

I think "off the wall" would be something like "tell me what you think and I'll tell you where they've been..."
  • Options
    back and it is now a 1 for 1....read further down
  • Options
    No. I thought it was cool. Like a blind taste test. But sounds like work. ;-)
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a dumb idea, kinda cool. Think we had one thread around for one stick. Three could be hard, though.:-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    The reason I deleted it is because after so many hits no one replied and thought it best to remove it

I think I might re-introduce it with, as suggested, 1 cigar.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's an awesome idea! Open it back up!!!! That would be super fun! Not knowing what your are smoking or what to really expect....
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    I think it's an awesome idea! Open it back up!!!! That would be super fun! Not knowing what your are smoking or what to really expect....

All righty then.

1 for 1. No bands or ID. Exchange and smoke when you are ready. Give and honest opinion about the cigar..like, dislike or indifferent...and why. And then, and only then, tell each other what it is.

The original post was 3 for 3 and I could do 3 exchanges, but (quick math (and no help from allsmokedup)) and now I am open to 9 exchanges.

Who has game..? PM me with your addy if you are in.
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    LiquidChaos66:

All righty then.

1 for 1. No bands or ID. Exchange and smoke when you are ready. Give and honest opinion about the cigar..like, dislike or indifferent...and why. And then, and only then, tell each other what it is.

The original post was 3 for 3 and I could do 3 exchanges, but (quick math (and no help from allsmokedup)) and now I am open to 9 exchanges.

I'm currently on the broke side of the month. I would totally be up for this in January! Would you still be up for it next month???
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    jd50ae:
    LiquidChaos66:

All righty then.

I'm currently on the broke side of the month. I would totally be up for this in January! Would you still be up for it next month???

So am I. I have however, put 1 aside with your name (ID) on it.
  • Options
    Awesome! I have just the stick for you as well!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I started a game a ways back called "mystery stick", it was a slight spin on Camachos Black Band project. It was similar to PIF in that i send you 3 cigars, no bands, labeled a,b and c. You smoke them within a week, post thoughts and guesses and i reveal what they were, you then do the same for someone else. It was cool because it removes and assumption or pretention about the cigar and focuses on flavor. We had people hating opus X and loving perdomo seconds...it was fun but the thread went cold earlier this year.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    I started a game a ways back called "mystery stick", it was a slight spin on Camachos Black Band project. It was similar to PIF in that i send you 3 cigars, no bands, labeled a,b and c. You smoke them within a week, post thoughts and guesses and i reveal what they were, you then do the same for someone else. It was cool because it removes and assumption or pretention about the cigar and focuses on flavor. We had people hating opus X and loving perdomo seconds...it was fun but the thread went cold earlier this year.

I looked for a post because I could not believe a newb would be the first to think of it. Hope it finds some success again.
  • Options
    I'll be your huckleberry.