Home General Discussion
Options

Winter Storm

To all BOTL being effected by the winter blast, stay bundled up and stay safe.

Comments

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    JMartinez10:
    To all BOTL being effected by the winter blast, stay bundled up and stay safe.
    trying, but it is freaking cold man. -8 right now in STL....the only nice thing is that I got an extended holiday break with 2 snow days!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's far more cold and dangerous up north but what we've got going on here in dixieland is pretty drastic compared to what were used to. I haven't felt the burning pain of sub zero wind chill on my face like this in a LOOOONG time. I feel for all the guys and gals that have to work outside.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    -11 F right now, -33 with windchill....dropping to -14 and -40 WC...so hopefully a snow day tomorrow, like today. We have been under 'Wind Chill warning' and 'Snow Squall' Alerts since 10 last night, when the temps dropped quickly and the winds picked up. Combined with a few feet of snow, it was treacherous today. Cant see my shop from the kitchen window right now, and it is only 150 feet away....it's not like it is a small one or anything, as it is 2 story, 3 bay garage, 25' x 40. :)

Crazy part is, by Saturday it is expected to be back up to 30F...same as it was yesterday afternoon here! Temps and winds are up, down, up down...but over the last 2 weeks...mainly down :(

Anyway, i do as well hope that everyone stays safe and warm.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    i just decided to stay home from work today-13 and a -36 wind chill screw that
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    -10 right now. wind chills around -30. fun fun fun.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm only at 2 degrees with -17 windchills so I guess I'm lucky lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Here in southeast PA it's 0ºF according to the weather channel. It went up to almost 60ºF on Sunday and all the snow and ice melted but now the frigid, super-dry air is back. Circle the humidors, we're under attack!!!
  • Options
    PAtoNH:
    Here in southeast PA it's 0ºF according to the weather channel. It went up to almost 60ºF on Sunday and all the snow and ice melted but now the frigid, super-dry air is back. Circle the humidors, we're under attack!!!
    where in pa are you??
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't imagine the cold you guys up north have. Stay safe and warm!
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    In PA as well. Local news said it was -2, and my truck said -7 on the way to work. Not sure how acurate the truck thermometer is, but its too damn cold.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    PAtoNH:
    In PA as well. Local news said it was -2, and my truck said -7 on the way to work. Not sure how acurate the truck thermometer is, but its too damn cold.
    Here in Latrobe, PA it's -6 and -36 with the windchill. BRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr... So glad the furnace guy was able to get the boiler back up and running yesterday! Cancelled appointments. Hunkering down and working from home today. Stay safe and warm BOTLs.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    PAtoNH:
    where in pa are you??
    I'm west of Philly in the Valley Forge area.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6.7 here and I am not going outside other then to check on the dogs. Most school systems are shut down. All space heaters at max. Sun is coming into play, should warm up the house.

But we have it easier then a lot of you guys, and I hope you all are OK.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look another frigid morning, yesterday -19, -40 with wind chill, today from the local weather -15, -32 with wind chill!!!! Heat wave tomorrow though high of ZERO!!! YEAH!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Wet paper towel I put out on the back porch for one minute. Dang!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Oh look another frigid morning, yesterday -19, -40 with wind chill, today from the local weather -15, -32 with wind chill!!!! Heat wave tomorrow though high of ZERO!!! YEAH!!!
    LOL....heat wave.

Record of -7 after midnight. -1 now. Wind still blowing pretty strong though, I bet the windchills closer to -20.
    A warm and balmy 28 tomorrow. And time to get out the shorts and flip flops for this weekend with a high in the upper 40s. LOL

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
  • Options
    Straight brutal guys. Feel bad for you all. My wife's complaining about it being 29/19 with windchill. Stay warm my friends.
  • Options
    PAtoNH:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    PAtoNH:
    where in pa are you??
    nice I'm in the suburbs right outside of west Philly...we should meet up and smoke some day
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    PAtoNH:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    PAtoNH:
    where in pa are you??
    nice I'm in the suburbs right outside of west Philly...we should meet up and smoke some day
    It's a plan! :) ... shoot me a message some time.
  • Options
    Pm sent
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Our heat wave doesnt come til Saturday...rain and up to 37F...so a 60 degree warming! I am sick of winter.