Home General Discussion
Options

This is the best lighter in the whole wide world

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
A so ca botl told me about these long time ago but I didnt listen. Performs better than any of the Xikars I've owned.
$4 at Walmart.
photo BA689C91-orig.jpg
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    With an endorsement like that, I will have to make the investment..
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Can't go wrong with $4! That's like the same price as a Bic. I like my JetFlame better than any of those expensive ones, but it wasn't $4 either.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Used this lighter----and abused the hell out of it-----for about 4 years until I dropped it off a hotel balcony. GREAT lighter
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Gotta disagree. great price and good while the first fill lasts but 3 diff ones stopped working after trying to refill. I tried everything people say to do but nothing works and my 'expensive' lighters refil fine.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Sent like 3-4 to Jiunn, got about 4 of them in golf bag great little lighters:-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    A so ca botl told me about these long time ago but I didnt listen. Performs better than any of the Xikars I've owned.
    $4 at Walmart.
    photo BA689C91-orig.jpg

Great minds do think alike. Been using the same lighter for years.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Gotta disagree. great price and good while the first fill lasts but 3 diff ones stopped working after trying to refill. I tried everything people say to do but nothing works and my 'expensive' lighters refil fine.
    This!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Ronson FTW!!!
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    +1
    A great lighter to use & lose
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Sent like 3-4 to Jiunn, got about 4 of them in golf bag great little lighters:-) :-)
    i'm still using 1 out of the four. works like a champ. put crap butane in it and still no problemo! thanks again roomie!
  • Options
    Hmmm. I think I'm gonna buy a bunch of them. For ya know ......... just cuz
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I'm down for a box split lol
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    I have that same lighter. It's the Prius of my lighters -- dependable and good on gas.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you tossed 'em in with a bomb or a care package would you have to empty it of fuel to make it USPS legal? (And what's the risk anyway? Would it explode on a usps plane in transit? Or what?)
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    If you tossed 'em in with a bomb or a care package would you have to empty it of fuel to make it USPS legal? (And what's the risk anyway? Would it explode on a usps plane in transit? Or what?)
    Yes, you empty them
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Had a couple. One used til it just wore out the piezo igniter . Second works still and is over 2 yrs old. For the buck its wonderful.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    That's a good idea. They're like the Gurkha of lighters, when they're good, they're great! But the next one? I've used them for a few years, got one that won't quit, one that won't refill right now. Well, sometimes it will, refill. Why? Why does one Gurhka Beast satisfy in a heavenly manner, and the next one blows up after a year of aging? One of those things.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I've got one. When others quit working.... I have to pull this out and bam... Lit. It's like a goat - feed it shoes, get milk.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Bob Luken:
    Yes, you empty them
    Awwww that sucks. I didn't even think about that. I didn't want to have to open them and waste the butane before I ship them out.
  • Options
    Great now I also used that one..
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Ahhhh......good ole Ronson lighters. Bought my first one for $2.37 at WM and it worked so well I went back and bought another dozen and that was 3 years ago. Since then I have used the same lighter over and over...had it thru the washer and dryer a few times and it still works. For the $$$ you won't get a better lighter...anywhere. For those who have bought this lighter and it didn't work just take it back and get another one but I gotta say for the dozen I bought...I tested every single one and they work perfectly. There is another Ronson lighter called "The Comet" and it's a soft flame that is refillable...I have a dozen of those as well and they cost $1 each. These are perfect for taking on trips or going through TSA at the airport.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    Ahhhh......good ole Ronson lighters. Bought my first one for $2.37 at WM and it worked so well I went back and bought another dozen and that was 3 years ago. Since then I have used the same lighter over and over...had it thru the washer and dryer a few times and it still works. For the $$$ you won't get a better lighter...anywhere. For those who have bought this lighter and it didn't work just take it back and get another one but I gotta say for the dozen I bought...I tested every single one and they work perfectly. There is another Ronson lighter called "The Comet" and it's a soft flame that is refillable...I have a dozen of those as well and they cost $1 each. These are perfect for taking on trips or going through TSA at the airport.
    Yo Gary. Where can I find the comet? Still wm? I am in the market for a reliable cheap one and this looks to fit the bill
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:

Didnt you just get a new one? hows that unit review for ya?

Aj
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    How'd you go through TSA with it?
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Cigary:
    Shoved in there real deep, huh? That's what I'm talking about!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    No_one21:
    Cigary:

Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha ha Ha Ha! break out the rubber gloves!

Aj
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    No_one21:
    Cigary:
    Had to store it in the old prison wallet huh??_
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Cigary:
    For serious, TSA is supposed to allow non-jet/torch lighters on planes now.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Martel:
    No_one21:
    Cigary:
    For serious, TSA is supposed to allow non-jet/torch lighters on planes now.
    The Comet is a soft flame lighter...looks exactly like a Bic so they allow them on planes...not the jetlite Ronsons. http://www.amazon.com/Ronson-2PK-Comet-Lighter/dp/B002JGX4DS I bought a dozen of these at CVS...$1 each and they work great.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I had two of these Ronson Jetlites sitting in a cigar box I had. I stopped using them because they were really just not dependable.

After seeing a few BOTL endorsements of this lighter, I hopped on the Youtubes to see if there was a quick mod you could do to make this lighter better (as is sometimes the case depending on the lighter). HUGE IMPROVEMENT!

First I bled the lighter of extra fuel and unscrewed the screw holding the metal casing on. Then after removing the unnecessary ignition spring, I popped off the brass washer that limits the butane flow and reassembled this bad boy. Piece of cake! A quick butane refill and it's working great every time I push the ignition.

Perfect for touch-ups, but I'm a slow toast kind of guy for light up.

Just youtube search "Ronson Jetlite Mod" there are a few videos on the subject. PM me if you have any questions. I can walk you through it.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico