Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Gauging interest for a pass idea.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
This type of pass may have been done before but I'd like to propose this idea and see if there is any interest in it. So, I'll just ask and find out if there's enough who want to have a go at it.

Here's the idea. A Bargain Hunter Pass. I have purchased cigars from the sprint sale and other auctions by the box and by the bundle and I often get great deals on good cigars for less than $3 a stick. I realize that some low dollar sticks are considered dog rockets but as long as you LIKE them and think they are worth recommending and they were bought for less than $3, please share with us your favorite budget smokes. Any interest?

Comments

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea. There are plenty I would like to try, but I'm scared. I've purchased bundles like that to see if I like them. This would be a cheaper way of trying those yard gars without forking over the $20 for a mazo.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Sounds like a good idea for some of the newer guys who may not have a humi full of premipremi's
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. I have some that I really enjoy with a little age and a couple fingers of bourbon
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it turns out we have only a handful of guys interested we can each list a menu of our bargain sticks and we can pick out the ones each of us wants to try and turn it into a trade-pass type of thing. I'll see how many more guys want to get on board before I make that call.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    I could probably get in this simple thingy , but can't post list till back from Thailand.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like just my kinda meat. A good example might be the Aurora 1495s now on weekend blitz, sixrty bucks for twenty five. Not all bargains are bad by a long shot. Keep me in the loop.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    Sounds like just my kinda meat. A good example might be the Aurora 1495s now on weekend blitz, sixrty bucks for twenty five. Not all bargains are bad by a long shot. Keep me in the loop.

Yes. Well said. That's exactly what I hope this pass is about. I got a box of those. In fact I'm proud to include those Aurora 1495s with any bomb because they're good. And as a bonus they don't cost a bunch. Hopefully I can expose a BOTL to a great value.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Bob, I would be down for this as money doesn't always equal a good cigar. I too have been hesitant in the past about dropping $30 on a bundle and not liking them. If you're okay with a cigar that's just a tad more expensive going back in, sign me up.
    james40:
    Bob, I would be down for this as money doesn't always equal a good cigar. I too have been hesitant in the past about dropping $30 on a bundle and not liking them. If you're okay with a cigar that's just a tad more expensive going back in, sign me up.
    My pass, my rules. But I can't stop you from breakin' 'em. LOL. Just kidding. I'd love to have input on the price point as well. If some of you think it should be a tad bit higher than three dollars I'm open to suggestions. This pass idea is very much open for discussion.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't keep track of the prices of whats in the humi, but I have an idea of the sub 4-5 dollar price range sticks. As long as no one is offended if I put a $4 cigar back in the pass if the sticks I have are already in there, I would be fine. Most of us probably shop on the sprint sale, so we might have a lot of the same inventory.