Home General Discussion
Options

How often do you smoke?

I hope this isn't a strange question. I was wondering how often you get a chance to light it up? I know some smoke 1 or 2 a day, some a couple a week or month. Lately I have been collecting more than smoking. Not that thats a bad thing I guess. So how often do you get a chance to enjoy one of your favorite smokes?

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Honestly I would smoke 2-3 a day everyday if I could, but just don't have the time with working 12 hour shifts and a wife and 1 year old at home. But I still make time to have 3-4 smokes a week usually. Sometimes more and sometimes less. When I'm on vacation I try to have one after breakfast, one after lunch, one in the afternoon while I'm doing what ever, then a couple that night after dinner... I can see what I'll be doing when I retire! lol
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    I only smoke about 1 cigar a week. and that's averaged. I may go 3 weeks without smoking one and then have 3 in a day. I just don't find the time to light up the way I would like to.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually smoke 4 or 5 a week. I teach two days a week and get home too late to go outside and smoke. My patio is not screened in and we live in the mosquito northeast and we've had a wet summer.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Usually 2 a day during the week, weekends are more like 3 a day, occasionally 4. Then there are days (not many) when I just don't smoke at all.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Well, during the summer, I'm averaging three a day. That comes out to... 21 a week. But there are days I don't smoke at all. So make it like 18 a week. Or 15. That's a nice, round number. Once my school year starts in earnest, I'll probably be cut down to 2-3 a week.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭

Usually during the week not at all because of lack of time but during the weekends its normaly once a day.

• Options
    casmangcasmang Posts: 31
    I keep it to about once a day. Makes the experience better if I am not slamming 'em down :)
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    no less than 3 a day, up to 8 or 9..
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Almost everyday.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I usually get a smoke in about every other day... no more than one a day though... not by choice, by time
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I average at least one cigar every 2 days... I am moving towards smaller vitolas though because of time constraints... My favorite shape now is the mini-belicoso of the Oliva G that alienmisprint sent me :)

betasynn:
    Well, during the summer, I'm averaging three a day. That comes out to... 21 a week. But there are days I don't smoke at all. So make it like 18 a week. Or 15. That's a nice, round number. Once my school year starts in earnest, I'll probably be cut down to 2-3 a week.
    You think so ;)! With everybody back and my grill in the back, I think we will be smoking one a day prolly lol... After all - you know you can always come and enjoy my sun room! Plus, we can get Ditta hooked too ;) haahah
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    When I'm in school, I usually smoke when I'm studying, so I always find time for 1 a day at least. When it gets cold I cut that back, but I found a lounge for this winter...kinda pumped. During the summer, when I'm working more I try for one a day, but sometimes I work a late shift and the little lady doesn't like me leavin her to sneak in a stick before bed...(she rather me hang around to do the same! ZING!)
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    1 or 2 a week at this point. Would be more... but... I just had 2 sinus operations in the last year... and smoking isnt exactly the best on me. I usually feel it the next morning. I would have 1 a day if they didnt wreck my sinuses.
  • Options
    T. GervaisT. Gervais Posts: 239
    I usually smoke an average of 3-4 cigars a week
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    1 or 2 a week at this point. Would be more... but... I just had 2 sinus operations in the last year... and smoking isnt exactly the best on me. I usually feel it the next morning. I would have 1 a day if they didnt wreck my sinuses.
    Funny - I have found they kind of help my sinus problems... Weird...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I was smoking 2-4 a day, but since I have moved here I am down to 1-2 a day (more often than not just 1), 2-3 on the weekends. Once we get moved into our own place it will probably go back up to like 2-3 a day during work days.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Once a day whether I need it or not.
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    2-3 times a week. It keeps me always looking forward to something
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    In the warm weather usually one a day...In the winter maybe three a week. Rarely do I get two or three, and only once or twice have I smoked more than three... And I love cigars. I select cigars that I know I like and savor that time. Like andrew I am always looking forward to the next cigar.
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I used to partake in five or six a week but my accident in January took me out of the game for several months. Now that my sense of taste and smell are almost back to normal I have been shooting for a couple of cigars a week.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I may have 3 a week... and oddly enough I never smoke on the weekends.
  • Options
    I only smoke once per week at the most - sometimes more if I am going to a dinner party, golf, etc. I typically don't smoke at my house as we have a new baby and my wife doesn't like the smell of cigars - she didn't mind the smell of cigarettes back when I smoked them - she says it is heavier and sticks to everything. The big thing for me is having the time. I like to sit down for an hour or two, play some dominos, drink some scotch and just relax...I would never be able to do that at home as there is just too much going on.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a steady once a week guy. I have small children so my family is a huge priority and I am mostly home with them instead of out. Sometimes I indulge an extra day or two depending on what is going on. My wife is cool about it but she gets on me if I get too many days in a row with a cigar.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Can be as many as 3 a day or as little as 3 a week ...
  • Options
    I'm lucky if I get 1 a week in. It's a time thing for me as well, and winter is coming so it will only get worse from here.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Master T:
    winter is coming so it will only get worse from here.
    i feel you on that.

during the summer i try to smoke about 4-5 a week.

in the winter it ends up being 1 or so a week.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I started smoking 4-5 a week this summer and probably have averaged 7 a week for the last month. I'm trying to take advantage of the smoking weather while I can. I've been planning a "man cave" for the winter months, cause I have no intention of going back to one a week like last winter. It's way to cold to smoke outside most of the winter, so a man cave or frequently going to a lounge is the only choices.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I really try to average 2-3 sticks a week but now that the REALLY NICE weather is moving in (iam in Buffalo NY Snow Capital USA) i'll be down to 1 maybe two a week ..... the location we went for my wifes b-day allows smoking so me and a few of the boys at work will try and hit them at least once a week this winter ....... but i'll be smoking at least 2 a day while hunting at out camp
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Depending on my schedule, I usually smoke 2 a day. One in the morning and on at night when I come home. If I work during the day, sometimes it will only be one that night after dinner. Sometimes two. Depending on what goes on on my days off, it can be as many as three.
  • Options
    tony ctony c Posts: 16
    I am trying real hard to do 2 a week...I get home from work to late to have one, so I have on on Sun and another on Tue I had a few days off and smoked one a day and it was pretty nice. My wife does not smoke cigars but she likes the way they smell