Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Let's Talk Hockey

Comments

• Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Sorry Bert and Brian... sucks.
    Words don't describe the disappointment. But honestly I'm almost more disappointed in the "fans" than the team. There seems to be such an abundance of fair weather/bandwagon fans that just completely bash the team, especially Miller. These fans get to attached to individual players and not the team itself. I know didn't play very well but in my opinion he has so much more potential than Halak ever did.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    I look on the bright side.....i can now throw myself in the NBA playoffs and don't have to worry about hockey at all for another 6-8 months, but yeah, it was pathetic
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    No_one21:
    I look on the bright side.....i can now throw myself in the NBA playoffs and don't have to worry about hockey at all for another 6-8 months, but yeah, it was pathetic
    You can root for the Bruins with me, I won't call you a bandwagoner but please learn the roster by their next game. Quiz will be an hour before the game :p
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    What an ending to the Ducks-Stars game!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873:
    Yes
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Go Avs
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Sad to see the blues lose. Also sad that the sharks blew it. With all the boos from the seats you'd never know it was a home game. Not sure what they were thinking. Worst game of the series, worse that usa vs canada in sochi. I hope they can come back!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    bert873:
    Yes
    QUACK QUACK!!!!
    Didn't watch the whole thing but damn impressive come from behind win after that first period --- lookin' good ducks.

And CHI, whoa! I was pullin' for STL but damn Chicago is on fire. Sorry blues fans, was a pretty fun series to watch overall though, IMO.

And I think Bylsma lit a fire under his the pens ass before game 5 .... 50 shots!?!!!! Damn, good thing Bob was on his game or else that could have been much much worse for cbj. None of those goals in that pit/cbj game were "pretty" IMO, lots of puck luck - even for the 1 cbj goal.
    Hoping we can even it up tonight....fingers & toes crossed.
    (EDIT: And f*ck james neal)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    If the Brooons make it to the Cup, I'll take on a stogie bet with someone representing their opponent.
  • Options
    God damn it....nice effort to comeback down 4-0 to within 1. Still love my CBJ.

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Sorry, bro! Your Blue Jackets left it all on the ice. Helluva fight they gave the Pens. At least Malkin remembered how to find the back of the net, finally. Now if only Sid the Kid could do the same. Last two minutes I nearly lost my voice screaming, "Fluery... DO NOT go behind the freakin' net!!!" Something tells me CBJ is gonna be a cup contender for years to come.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kings tie series.... Now a game #7!!! Sorry Johnny, wore my hat again and everything... :(
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    jgibv:
    Sorry, bro! Your Blue Jackets left it all on the ice. Helluva fight they gave the Pens. At least Malkin remembered how to find the back of the net, finally. Now if only Sid the Kid could do the same. Last two minutes I nearly lost my voice screaming, "Fluery... DO NOT go behind the freakin' net!!!" Something tells me CBJ is gonna be a cup contender for years to come.
    Thanks Doug. That was a great series, good games, some nice come-from-behind wins, the OT nail biters..... Even though I hate that we lost, gotta tip my hat to the Pens.
    You guys were on fire the final 2 periods of game 5 and first 2 periods last night. 50 shots on goal Saturday and took a 4-0 lead last night. Just can't give a great club like the Pens those kinds of advantages.....tried our hardest to come back (seriously 3 goals in 5 minutes that was impressive)....but Fleury held it together and you guys move in.
    Can't be too upset with the way things went. This is a young group of players, we have some good prospects, and free cap space to make some moves in the off season. I think a few months off to get everyone healed up and a break to refocus will do the team some good and I hope they come back playing twice as hard next year. And I think this series got the city interested in hockey again....we're not there yet but I think CBJ will be a force to be reckoned with in the east in years to come. And I hope the enthusiasm and support from the fans will carry into next season as well, these playoff games have been insane.

And regards to Fleury, I caught an article this morning (http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2014/04/a-final-push-falls-short.html) with a post-game interview about this:

"Incredibly, Fleury started to leave his net again on a puck rimmed around the glass with roughly 40 seconds to play. Here, sounding like overcaffeinated squirrel, is Fleury's explanation of what he saw:

“I was kind of going, and then I changed my mind – maybe I should stay,” Fleury said. “And then I thought , maybe I should go … and just show everybody that (the puck) doesn’t always bounce over your stick.

"Then I thought, ‘I don’t need to show anybody. Just get back in the net.'"

Good luck to you guys in the next round.

Bigshizza:
    Kings tie series.... Now a game #7!!! Sorry Johnny, wore my hat again and everything... :(
    Thanks for the support Jim :-)
    And wow!!!! After the kings went down in those first three games I counted them out, didn't think they'd be able to come back but damn!!!! That's impressive to tie it up 3-3 and force game 7. Didn't catch their game last night (was too pissed after we lost) but I will definitely be watching game 7. Nice!!!

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Sharks have bagged big time. But in fairness that 2nd king goal was BS.
  • Options
    Philly is on fire tonight....let's see I'd the rangers can get something going in the 3rd

• Options
    jgibv:
    Philly is on fire tonight....let's see I'd the rangers can get something going in the 3rd
    Go Philly!! Looking good!
    Predictions for Wednesday???
    1. Kings
    2. Philly
    3. Avalanche
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    jgibv:
    1. Kings
    2. Philly
    3. Avalanche
    Game 7 predictions:

1) Sharks by 2 (1 will be an empty netter, sorry Jim)

2) Philly (I have Rangers in my bracket but if Philly keeps up the intensity they had last night I gotta say Philly)

3) Avs in OT

• Options
    Bigshizza:
    jgibv:
    1. Kings
    2. Philly
    3. Avalanche
    My bracket agrees with you.
  • Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Wild win tonight. They have dominated 5 of the 6 games played. This one wont slip away like games 1 and 5.
  • Options
    Chuck N:
    Wild win tonight. They have dominated 5 of the 6 games played. This one wont slip away like games 1 and 5.
    I assume you'll be busy watching and not Vherfin?
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chuck N:
    Wild win tonight. They have dominated 5 of the 6 games played. This one wont slip away like game 1 and the refs won't win like game 5.
    Fixed it for you. Go Wild.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    The series delay should eliminate any sweep benefit that Montreal would have realized over the Bruins. This will be a hell of a series to watch.

• Options
    Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Chuck N:
    I assume you'll be busy watching and not Vherfin?
    I may vherf for a bit, then go to the game. Hope to see yall tonight.
  • Options
    jgibv:
    Bigshizza:
    jgibv:
    1. Kings
    2. Philly
    3. Avalanche
    Game 7 predictions:

1) Sharks by 2 (1 will be an empty netter, sorry Jim)

2) Philly (I have Rangers in my bracket but if Philly keeps up the intensity they had last night I gotta say Philly)

3) Avs in OT
    I agree with these winners. Either way, it's going to be an exciting night of hockey
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was happy to watch the Rangers win that one. And Carcillo getting the first goal, so funny. Now if only Colorado can hold on.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Very not happy about the damn Rangers. Kings and Avs better win.
  • Options
    I'm with you on both of these. What the heck is going on with this ping pong crap in the Colorado game. Can't believe they gave up that last one.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    What the hell Colorado. That was a bad loss.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    The Wild won? But why?