Home Non Cigar Related

Ro's question of the day.....

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wahooschock:
    I have heights issues but I still want to do it. Probably end up parasailing instead lol. Maybe if I had a friend that would go with.
    Parasailing is cool. Did that with the wife in Myrtle Beach a few years ago
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Darn auto correct paragliding with a motor on it is what I meant to say. Parasailing seems way safer lol.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't but I'd try it sure. The whole base jumping with a wingsuit is intriguing. I like going fast.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would, I think it would be awesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I want to and meant to when I turned 40 and the daughter turned 18 (we were both going to do it) but we ended up not going. There's a school about 6 miles from my house so I have no excuse. Honestly, I have a little fear about it but I want to do it. I can't seem to get the nerve to go by myself.
    james40:
    I want to and meant to when I turned 40 and the daughter turned 18 (we were both going to do it) but we ended up not going. There's a school about 6 miles from my house so I have no excuse. Honestly, I have a little fear about it but I want to do it. I can't seem to get the nerve to go by myself.
    Common response lol we should get together for a skydive herf
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Have you ever been or would you ever go sky diving? For some reason I have been thinking about trying it!
    Yes. Tons of fun. Going again definitely.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Have you ever been or would you ever go sky diving? For some reason I have been thinking about trying it!
    Yes. It was awesome and I want to do it again. DO IT!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Have you ever been or would you ever go sky diving?
    Absolutely not. I'm not much of a risk taker. Also, I had a friend in high school whose dad was a skydiver. Jumped all the time. Until the time his chute got tangled. A tree broke his fall, so he didn't die. That was enough to convince me to not even consider it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    SleevePlz:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Have you ever been or would you ever go sky diving?
    Absolutely not. I'm not much of a risk taker. Also, I had a friend in high school whose dad was a skydiver. Jumped all the time. Until the time his chute got tangled. A tree broke his fall, so he didn't die. That was enough to convince me to not even consider it.
    Do ya drive a car? Or walk out the front door? Lol risk is everywhere
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a friend who did a tandem jump on his 90th birthday. He is a Army Ranger who climbed the cliffs on D day and has four stars on his jump wings. Inspirational he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    First Warrior:
    Have a friend who did a tandem jump on his 90th birthday. He is a Army Ranger who climbed the cliffs on D day and has four stars on his jump wings. Inspirational he is.
    That's a definition of a bad ass....

wahooschock:
    james40:
    Let's do it man!!
    james40:
    First Warrior:
    That's a definition of a bad ass....

wahooschock:
    james40:
    Let's do it man!!
    Ill hold ya to that lol next summer we should get a bunch a botl ta go with
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While in basic I wanted to jump and volunteered. After a demonstration jump for a bunch of politicians I had a complete change of heart, it was not for me.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i would love to jump. not sure if it is the smartest idea at this point in my life, but once the kids are gone and i only have to worry about my wife if i die, i am all over it.
  • UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    You could not pay me enough. I don't even like roller coasters!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it 11 years ago, and will never do it again.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Warrior:
    Why am I not surprised. If you survived the cliffs on D-Day, then, yeah, you are going to skydive at ninety, cause you are indestructo and you know it. Love this guy. Let's all go herf at his house and listen to some stories.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get me up in a perfectly good airplane and you want me out of it, you gonna have to THROW my @ss out of it - I sure as h3ll ain't leaving it voluntarily. I keep telling folks, "I only LOOK stupid"....??
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn..my thread was on page 4 son! haven't posted a question since the 29th of October..wsup with that?

So my question is..have you ever been to or would you ever attend a James Taylor concert?
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have never been to a JT concert, but would love to see him someday.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    He was in town a while ago. I know a guy who went, but I rarely go to concerts so no. I would go hear him, but probably wouldn't choose to spend my $$$ on him of all artists.

And somehow I missed the whole jump out of a plane question. It's been on my bucket list for a long time. I'll have to wait until my wife is dead though, or she'll kill me if the jump doesn't.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge concert guy. A lot of the time, the artist that I've paid to see doesn't live up to the hype or doesn't sound good live.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Sure I have heard a song or two, but could not name 1.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummmm NO I can just stay home and eat Xanax
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been .... why not
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Damn..my thread was on page 4 son! haven't posted a question since the 29th of October..wsup with that?

So my question is..have you ever been to or would you ever attend a James Taylor concert?
    no i would not attend a james taylor concert, if i wanted to fall asleep in a public place i could think of far better things to be doing while i fall asleep
    brianetz1:
    smoke em if you got em:

no i would not attend a james taylor concert, if i wanted to fall asleep in a public place i could think of far better things to be doing while i fall asleep
    Ditto
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've heard the blues of Elmore James and Edda James. Is't James Taylor a white dude that likes to sing pretty?
  • UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    James Taylor was a huge part of my childhood. And Steely Dan, and Carole King and a lot of other hippy type singers. The music has a huge place in my heart... but I think I'm all set with the concert!