Home General Discussion
Options

Monte cristo

I have just began smoking cigars, what is your take on the monte cristo series cigars?

Comments

• Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Taste in cigars is very subjective the only thing that matters is do you like it, if so enjoy if not try something else, what I like you might hate. I've only tried the Classic and the Monte, In general they are well made and consistent, the classic is a bit light for my taste and overpriced IMO, I thought the Monte had a interesting flavor profile.
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The media nocha is pretty good, but I would agree they are a bit overpriced and there are things I enjoy more for the same or less. Try the flor de antillas, it is a really nice stick for a very reasonable price IMO.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Monte, but every one I've had so far (maybe 5) has not finished well; great flavors until the final third, where it becomes harsh and dull.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    rjones1911:
    I have just began smoking cigars, what is your take on the monte cristo series cigars?

1.Welcome to the forum!
    2. I dont know as much about stogies as the veteran botls, but Romeo y Julietas and Montes are what I cut my teeth on before I started smoking sticks everyday, I always went to a Romeo or a Monte, because A. I had no idea what I was doing and theres like a billion different sticks and B. Romeos and Monte are always consistently good.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    ExpendableYouth:
    The media nocha is pretty good, but I would agree they are a bit overpriced and there are things I enjoy more for the same or less. Try the flor de antillas, it is a really nice stick for a very reasonable price IMO.
    hahahaha a bit over priced?! They are completely over priced!! I don't mind the platinum if given to me but really they are a $7 cigar IMO. Don't ever go by name! Especially if it's a cuban name. Really those brands sell because of name and a ton of advertising.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Yeah, it is a $5-7.00 cigar that's why I said they were overpriced. It's not like they are $20 bucks to begin with.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    ExpendableYouth:
    Yeah, it is a $5-7.00 cigar that's why I said they were overpriced. It's not like they are $20 bucks to begin with.
    Well, the #2 is listed at $17.85 on this site. That is absolutely ridiculous. A Cuban Monte #2 can be had for $10 a stick....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Wow, I never buy them. Guess I didn't realize how much they were actually going for. I thought they were like in the $11-14 range.
  • Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a media nocha the other day. i liked it. very solid stick. never had the monte, but i bought a few, hopefully its as good. from what you guys are sayin though, its sounding like this other un-named cigar i had that's pretty nice until the final third of the stick. i hope its not the case with the monte, but that may just be wishful thinking.