Home General Discussion
Options

If you had $101 to spend on ccom, which of these would you get?

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
My wife wants to order something for herself and a friend but wants free shipping and asked me if I could spend $101. Doesn't make sense to me since she could spend less by just paying for shipping, but who am I to argue? Doesn't have to be exactly $101, I suppose, so here's what I'm thinking...
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

If you had $101 to spend on ccom, which of these would you get? 14 votes

Opus X Petit Lancero X 4
21%
rburke1129Eulogyjarubla 3 votes
Oliva Connecticut Reserve Lonsdale Box of 20 + something else
0%
Room 101 Daruma Mutante Fiver + Tat Havana VI Victorias Fiver + Something small in a tin for next winter
35%
kuzi16twistedstemSleevePlzavengethisSM0K3Y 5 votes
Something else completely (tell me in comments)
42%
jgibvbrianetz1mmkuchiExpendableYouthCrisiuspenn 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    I would get my wife 10 E.P. Carrillo La Historia E III, and then 3 Espinosa Laranja Reserva because I heard they were good and I want to try.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Penn on the Laranja Reserva, very nice smoke that I think would appeal to just about everyone. 

I'd also pick up some LADC Nobelesse's (new-ish high end smoke from DPG factory, haven't tried them yet but hear good things).

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i would refill my DPG inventory.  5 blacks, 5 blues, 5 jjs, 5 my fathers, 5 le bijou, 5 Jaime Garcia, and 5 la duena

i know that would be over the 101, but pick and choose your 5 packs.
  • Options
    Ohhh, I could go for some La Duena for sure.  Love those as a lancero.

I have plenty of Blues and am not a fan of the Blacks. Haven't tried the JJs.

Might have to sneak in the Laranja and the new LADC.

Note that these are only for me...the wife knows what she wants and is just trying to get up to $125 for free shipping.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God of Fire Carlito Pyramid X4.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:

Note that these are only for me...the wife knows what she wants and is just trying to get up to $125 for free shipping.
    So she's only spending $24 and having you spend $101 to get free shipping. 
    Hahaha nice!!!!  I like that logic!  You lucky dog.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv said:
    Martel said:

So she's only spending $24 and having you spend $101 to get free shipping. 
    Hahaha nice!!!!  I like that logic!  You lucky dog.
    :D

Yep!

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Series A Apostle. I really love the flavor, it's good morning noon or night and if I had the money it would be consistently in my Humi.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    MoW puro maddies on clearance for the $30 / 10 right now. Great after-lunch smoke.
    And the Undercrown gran toros are $50 / 10 on DD right now. I have purchased that exact deal before and only had 1 stick with a slightly too tight draw. Easily a $5 smoke and you would get free shipping b/c it's the DD.
    Tack on a couple Julius Caesers and thats $100. 

Or you could just buy 10 coyote wood, **** holders.

Happy smoking Martel!
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    MoW puro maddies on clearance for the $30 / 10 right now. Great after-lunch smoke.
    And the Undercrown gran toros are $50 / 10 on DD right now. I have purchased that exact deal before and only had 1 stick with a slightly too tight draw. Easily a $5 smoke and you would get free shipping b/c it's the DD.
    Tack on a couple Julius Caesers and thats $100. 

Happy smoking Martel!
    If they were the habano MOWPAs, I'd jump, but not for the maddies.  And I'm kind of UCd out.  Used to buy them every deal they came up.  They're great for giving out, but this order is MINE!

• Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    SNIP:

Happy smoking Martel!
    They didn't pass the tire test. 
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd get two sets of the fuente toast across America...those are some nice lookers 
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Room 101 Daruma Mutante Fiver + Tat Havana VI Victorias Fiver + Something small in a tin for next winter
    If not the room 101 package, thenmaybe a Padron or avo pack?
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd get two sets of the fuente toast across America...those are some nice lookers 
    The OpusX is a Sand Shark in the 2014 set.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you get a vertically challenged young lady for that price? I digress.... Grab some La Palina Kill Bill II, MOW Dark aged Maduro, Diamond Crown JC baby or send me your addy!!
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fiver of the Kristoff GC's in robusto and a fiver of Hemingway signature. 
  • Options
    Bigshizza said:
    Can't you get a vertically challenged young lady for that price? I digress.... Grab some La Palina Kill Bill II, MOW Dark aged Maduro, Diamond Crown JC baby or send me your addy!!
    My addy won't be released until I actually move...

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you all were looking for a particular cigar or two, but I would get the Thrifty Fifty!