Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

A Toast and a Smoke for the Bigshizza

Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have seen where some on the forum were recipients of Jim's generosity and received some HTF Crowned Heads Double W.  The story on these cigars (from halfwheel) is this -

"Crowned Heads is set to release another exclusive blend, this time for Arrington Vineyards in Arrington, Tenn. The aptly named Arrington Vineyards Double-W—which stands for Whiskey and Wine—is a completely new blend composed of a Ecuadorian habano wrapper from the sixth priming, along with binder and filler tobaccos from Nicaragua. The inspiration for the new 6 x 50 toro is the Arrington Vineyards Antebellum wine, which is aged for one year in oak wine barrels before being aged an additional six months in Tennessee whisky barrels."

So, for any of you BOTL's, and of course SOTL's, that have obtained a Double W, either through Jim or any other means, I propose an evening (or maybe a week?) where we pair the wine and the cigar and share our tasting notes, thoughts, or just good words about the man, the myth, the legend, @Bigshizza :)

You can order the wine to be delivered from Arrington Vineyards website. It is the Antebellum 2013.  

Please comment if you wish to participate and thoughts of a good time. I'm thinking in about 2 weeks to give everyone time to procure a bottle of the wine. 
Team O'Donnell FTW!

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a box of those and love them. Sadly I do not drink wine though. But sure pairs well with bourbon 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be going through Tennessee in a week so I will try to stop and get a bottle and a stick if available.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we participate and toast the Shizz even if we don't have a double w? 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Of course!! All are welcome with whatever offering to the shizz they chose to make :smile: 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have  double W, but pretty sure I have something Shizz sent me from my first ever bomb. I would love to join in the celebration.

@Edna20 Great idea to pay tribute to a living legend.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Guitarded said:

I do not have  double W, but pretty sure I have something Shizz sent me from my first ever bomb. I would love to join in the celebration.

I will try to find some next week and if I do will get one out to you.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Guitarded said:

I have seen your version of counting!! 1 is 1 ok???
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Bigshizza said:

HaHaHaHa got ya!

Dammit @Edna20! Was that a trap???
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:

HaHaHaHa got ya!
    Open mouth, insert foot.. lmao..
  • Options
    Bigshizza said:

HaHaHaHa got ya!

Dammit @Edna20! Was that a trap???
    I can't believe it played out exactly the way we planned it ;)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not enjoy wine, but I do have the cigar and would like to join every one.  May I just suggest this be planned for a Saturday evening or a Sunday?  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Will do @Patrickbrick
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    9405 8036 9930 .... Ya know...
    Lmao... puff's mailman will be busy monday.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    HrycajHrycaj Posts: 62 ✭✭
    @stubble is right! For example the safety first thread had me trapped for hours. The cigar talks an ok second place trap too!
  • Options
    Guitarded said:
    Guitarded said:

I have seen your version of counting!! 1 is 1 ok???
    No idea what your talking about 
  • Options
    Ok kids, Mommy got her wine, Jimbo should be getting his tomorrow, so let's pick a date! I'm proposing April 19th. It's a Saturday, and still gives people time to get wine if they're procrastinating :) That night I say we smoke something good, pair it with what we like, post our combos and thoughts, and maybe even a toast or two for Jim! 

@Bigshizza, does that date work for you? 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Does that mean your getting on vherf
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Does that mean your getting on vherf
    Well, no, unfortunately not. I smoke every night with my husband so vherfing doesn't really work well. Sorry! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    April 19th or April 16th?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Oops, I got ahead of myself, I meant March 19th!! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    I'll have to miss that one. Working the country fest that weekend with Kenny Chesney and Eric Church
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I'm jealous!!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like hard work.. Hope your able to enjoy
  • Options
    kswildcat said:
    Me too. I hope people behave. I'll be there 31 hours that weekend.
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    kswildcat said:
    Me too. I hope people behave. I'll be there 31 hours that weekend.

As long as you're not on clean-up duty. Chesney's been to Pittsburgh a couple times and his fans leave garbage for miles.
  • Options
    It's 3 days of concerts and people are camping there... Recipe for diaster
    -- Winston Churchill