Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

A Toast and a Smoke for the Bigshizza

13»

Comments

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

Last of the day for me! Just filled the bird feeder in anticipation of a snow! Feeder is right next to the awesome birdhouse made by Jim, and gifted to me! He does so much for all of us, and the forum is a better place because of him! So, @Bigshizza , this Crowned Heads Yellow Rose is in your honor! Enjoy your evening on Vherf! Thanks!
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's to you Jimbo. The first time I met you was on vherf. After saying who I was, you said... oh yeah, you're that new guy from New Orleans, what kind of cigars do you smoke. I listed off a few, and you told me they all sucked. You then said I needed to smoke better cigars. A week or two later my first box of shizz from the great northwest landed... must have been August or September last year. I was like a kid on Xmas I ripped that box open grabbed "a good cigar" and fired it up rott.
    Damned if you weren't right. I was smoking crappy cigars. You ruined me brutha and taught me that I really liked viaje and tatuaje along with several others I had not ventured to try. So with today being the day to toast to you my friend, I hauled @$$ to my local b&m and picked up a tat mummy and a 2011 viaje holiday blend to burn and reflect on all the awesomeness you share here with us your botl. On my way home I grabbed a bottle of bourbon to pair them with, and now I'm gonna sit on my porch and fire the first one up.
    THIS STICK'S TO YOU JIM. YOUR THE BEST SHIZZ I KNOW!
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent day @cbuck. Thanks for participating!! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Thanks to @kswildcat, @reggie713, and @silvermouse as well for participating! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Thanks @Nolagizmo for participating. Man, I really need to get to your B&M the next time I'm down there, if I can ever convince my co-workers!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    Thanks @Nolagizmo for participating. Man, I really need to get to your B&M the next time I'm down there, if I can ever convince my co-workers!
    Danni said if you bother to call us we will come get you, get smashed and fed and bring you back so you can make your gig in the morning... just saying... that offer goes to you too Jimbo!
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    I know, I know! 

Ok, time to pour the wine to let it breath some. Yes, I'm very sophisticated. I always let the first glass breath before I drink it...and then I move on to drinking straight from the bottle ;)
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Here's to you, @Bigshizza! There are no adequate words to describe what you mean to so many of us here. Your thoughtful generosity is simply legendary, and your heart is bigger than your hit list. May your kindness be returned to you a hundred fold. It is an honor to smoke this in your honor.

P.S. Thanks to @Edna20 <3 for organizing this toast.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just lit one up from Jim. How does one get such a tasty treat for guessing a cake platter? It has to be one of Jims contest. Thank you for all you do!

• Options
    May the saints protect you, And sorrow neglect you, And bad luck to the one That doesn't respect you.

Jim, thank you so much for everything you do for the members of this forum!

Amd members of the forum, thanks for participating and making this an actual 'thing'! 

Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    Excellent day @cbuck. Thanks for participating!! 
    Yes it was Kelly <3! Thanks for setting this up! I see you are just starting, while I'm heading to bed! 3 am comes early! I just might start with a smoke from Jim tommorrow too! Enjoy your night!
    Charlie
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now on the vherfimage
  • Options
    Excellent! I'm a little over half way through the cigar. So far, the cigar is excellent. One of those smokes that you know is coming to an end and you just don't want it to! If I had another, I'd probably fire it up as soon as this one was done. The wine, I'm not as sure about. Not the best wine for a cigar maybe. But hey, it's the experience and still fun!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I had a chance to participate in this today as I know I have quite a few awesome sticks from Jim. Thanks for all you do! You're the best @Bigshizza !!!
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one from the Shizza image
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just like to thank all the peeps that participated. Especially @Edna20 <3
    she's a damn cutie! I hope that the packages I've sent over 4 years have put many people in good moods and smiles on their face. I also want to acknowledge those that have helped me: Gibby, June, Mike, Greg, Shawn, Rick and BigFer. Ro and Jerm have turned out to be great friends.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked this on the Vherf with Shizz and the gang. Thx again for everything.

Anejo Shark. Damn Good!!

Stub'd @Stubble

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paired an AVO 88 (From Shizza) with a 2014 Mollydooker Shiraz (which was fantastic).

Most of us are aware of the phenomenon where we always recieve more than we bomb, and I believe it is @Bigshizza alone who makes that possible. Thanks Jim!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Jim for all that you do. Here's the Shizza smoke for me tonight. You caught me expressing interest and appreciation for these cigars two years ago and the next thing I know you sent me a handful of these. This is smoked and appreciated in your honor.

Cheers Jim. 

(Reinado – Grand Empire Reserve)

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could have joined you all. This concert has. R exhausted already and I have another 13 hours today. Thanks Jim for your generosity and your friendship. Here is a picture of Kenny Chesney from last night.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get a chance to fire one up for this but want to send my sincerest heartfelt gratitude to Jim!!  You are the heart and soul of this place. We love you big guy!!!  

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A halfway decent phone or tablet works too.  That's what I do.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim thank you for your kindness and generosity. You are the perfect example of a BOTL.

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigshizza = Role Model. Thank You. Nuff Said.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.