Home General Discussion

First Nub smoked

Smoked my first Nub the other night. Cameroon. I thought it was great beginning to end. Could've used a roach clip to finish it off b/c my fingers were burning and I didn't want to put it down. Took a picture of it standing on its ashes but can't seem to put the pic on hereI i remember seeing posts w/ pictures of the Nubs like this some time ago. Can anyone point me to those posts and pics? Maimer12

Comments

• I smoked my first nub the other night as well. I was impressed!!!! I will have to invest in a box for the Humi. It started perfect and ended perfect as well.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    maimer12:
    Smoked my first Nub the other night. Cameroon. I thought it was great beginning to end. Could've used a roach clip to finish it off b/c my fingers were burning and I didn't want to put it down. Took a picture of it standing on its ashes but can't seem to put the pic on hereI i remember seeing posts w/ pictures of the Nubs like this some time ago. Can anyone point me to those posts and pics? Maimer12
    I'm the Juggernaut, B*tch! nice avatar.

The Nub Camaroon is a great smoke. It is my favorite of the three original Nub releases. This reminded me that I am out of the cammys and I need to pick up a few more. I have a few maddys resting right now that I hope to try soon.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    The cammies are my favotire Nub, expecially the 466T. I have a few of each size cammie at home. The Maduro is my second favorite followed by the connie then Habano. I'm not a huge fan of the Habano.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I've only had the Habano torp. I liked it a lot. I use a stainless Snap On pick tool and shove it through the base as it get's down to the fingers. kinda like the old toothpick trick, sans the wood taste
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I love the Maduro, it's got to be my favorite. I also like the Cammie very much, but not quite as much as the maduro. I'd have to say that i think the habano and connie are good as well, but not for the price. If i found them for less than 4 bucks i'd buy them again.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    The cammies are my favotire Nub, expecially the 466T. I have a few of each size cammie at home. The Maduro is my second favorite followed by the connie then Habano. I'm not a huge fan of the Habano.
    me too, got a good deal on a box. not my fav cammie, but good enough for a short smoke when I need it.
    bacon.jay:
    I love the Maduro, it's got to be my favorite. I also like the Cammie very much, but not quite as much as the maduro. I'd have to say that i think the habano and connie are good as well, but not for the price. If i found them for less than 4 bucks i'd buy them again.

that's the stickler for me. The price. 6-9 bucks for these nubs make me really seek other blends. If I could get a box of maduros for 70 bucks or so I'd pick it up, but not at the prices I see most of the time.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    bacon.jay:

that's the stickler for me. The price. 6-9 bucks for these nubs make me really seek other blends. If I could get a box of maduros for 70 bucks or so I'd pick it up, but not at the prices I see most of the time.

My local B&M has some decent prices on the nubs, but like I said the habano and connie aren't worth much more than 4 IMHO. They had the maduro for $6.50, but they guy gave them to me for $6 even per stick. Great shop.

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The NUB Cameroon 460 was one of the first two cigars I smoked.
    I knew nothing about cigars so I finished it in 20mins... It was the one that got me hooked.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Ive been told the same from a casual smokin friend of mine .. sounds like its timme to try some out! Any other suggestions? Ozzie
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Ive been told the same from a casual smokin friend of mine .. sounds like its timme to try some out! Any other suggestions? Ozzie
    I'd suggest the Nording Torpedo if you want a short smoke in a large ring gauge thats damn good. All the Nordings are damn good IMO.
    bacon.jay:
    phobicsquirrel:
    bacon.jay:

My local B&M has some decent prices on the nubs, but like I said the habano and connie aren't worth much more than 4 IMHO. They had the maduro for $6.50, but they guy gave them to me for $6 even per stick. Great shop.

eh, that's not bad. I saw a box of maduros for like 140 that's like 6.50 a stick. Maybe I just want a bit more for 7 bucks, then again I am not really a bargain smoker most of the time.... :::::shakes head:::::